Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

handy job for someone.....

• 05-06-2009 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

window cleaner wanted in the lismore park, larchville, lisduggan area.

We once had a regular fella who use to call every 3 weeks, But its now been 8 months since he last called.
    i met him the other day and asked him about it but he dont seem to be to bothered about it anymore, I cant understand why because he made a nice few bob off our street alone.

Could be a nice little earner for anyone who have a bit of time on their hands and not afraid of a little bit of work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Good idea for a thread paddy smith, well done.

I'm halfway through the process of sanding and painting teak windows on my house (Frisby standard design). Pain in the arse. But looking around the estate there is a good portion of houses that need their wooden teak windows done. If some good handyman called to a lot of these houses in the evenings and chat to the owners I gaurantee you they will make some money. I suggest calling in the evenings cause people like to meet face to face, build a repour.

I hate wooden windows, damn you frisby!!!!

If people look they will see work opportunities. Open your eye people. You could make a packet doing just this odd job alone. You might think that a lot of people will DIY but sometimes this not a runner because people are working and dont have time to do a big job like this. Also getting a ladder to do upstairs windows is a pain to organise and get.

Just me 2 cents for a handy job opportunity.

- BFG

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Well lads, good thread idea.

But.

If someone knocked on my door, looking to do the windows or frames, I'd be taking a look for where the Hiace is parked tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

KingLoser wrote: »
    Well lads, good thread idea.

But.

If someone knocked on my door, looking to do the windows or frames, I'd be taking a look for where the Hiace is parked tbh.

anytime anyone knocks on my door asking about that I always feel bad, whats wrong with my house and why did ya pick it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

KingLoser wrote:
    seanybiker wrote:
    anytime anyone knocks on my door asking about that I always feel bad, whats wrong with my house and why did ya pick it.
    No one really likes a hard sell pestering salesperson, but if someone called to my door and pointed out my windows needed treatment and that they would be willing to do it as such as price, then leave a card or something to get back to them if interested, I would have no problem with that. At least then I would have a face to put to the person, I could ask him questions on the spot and in some subliminal way I would be profiling/interviewing him thinking would I trust this person. I don't like hard sellers myself.

btw, hiace vans are not the norm anymore for who you think you are talking about, their standard of transport these days are 09 jeeps, 08/09 "cars" and sulkys.

I know a lot of tradesmen and DIY handymen who have vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭henboy

Good idea for a thread paddy smith, well done.

I'm halfway through the process of sanding and painting teak windows on my house (Frisby standard design). Pain in the arse. But looking around the estate there is a good portion of houses that need their wooden teak windows done. If some good handyman called to a lot of these houses in the evenings and chat to the owners I gaurantee you they will make some money. I suggest calling in the evenings cause people like to meet face to face, build a repour.

I hate wooden windows, damn you frisby!!!!

If people look they will see work opportunities. Open your eye people. You could make a packet doing just this odd job alone. You might think that a lot of people will DIY but sometimes this not a runner because people are working and dont have time to do a big job like this. Also getting a ladder to do upstairs windows is a pain to organise and get.

Just me 2 cents for a handy job opportunity.

- BFG

Some advice --make sure you varnish or stain the windows once a year. If teak is left go to far, its very hard to get it back to its original colour. Also if your not used to climbing ladders best to stay away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭paddy smith

still no window cleaner in the lismore park area,:confused:
    will someone please clean me windies cos they are manky boy and il give you a tenner.

heres another idea for handy money,
    a friend of mine got married a few weeks ago and hired a chap to mind the house while he went about his buissness enjoying his big day,
    he paid yourman 200 quid for a 24 hour service in which the house minder also slept there,
    a handy few bob just for watching telly and sleeping. but a good idea for anyone in need of a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭wfman

window cleaner wanted in the lismore park, larchville, lisduggan area.

We once had a regular fella who use to call every 3 weeks, But its now been 8 months since he last called.
    i met him the other day and asked him about it but he dont seem to be to bothered about it anymore, I cant understand why because he made a nice few bob off our street alone.

Could be a nice little earner for anyone who have a bit of time on their hands and not afraid of a little bit of work.
    paddy the problem with lads cleaning windows is are they insured.if they fall off that ladder and havent themselfs insured does it come back on you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

a friend of mine got married a few weeks ago and hired a chap to mind the house while he went about his buissness enjoying his big day,
    he paid yourman 200 quid for a 24 hour service in which the house minder also slept there,
    a handy few bob just for watching telly and sleeping. but a good idea for anyone in need of a few bob.

:eek: where do I sign? I've just found my dream job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

:confused:

• Advertisement

:eek: where do I sign? I've just found my dream job.

just put a small in waterford today,
    somthing like this,

are you going on hols or getting married soon,
    and need someone to watch over your property!
    then you should call the house minder
    and have piece of mind on your big day.
    phone 051 houseminder and we will do the rest.:D

Advertisement