Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Higher Level Geo-Ecology

Options
  • 05-06-2009 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

I have Brown Earth Soils and Characteristics of Soil done atm, is this enough to safely cover me do ye reckon?

If not, could someone suggest what else I could do to be more on the safe side of things?

Clay

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Claypigeon wrote: »
    I have Brown Earth Soils and Characteristics of Soil done atm, is this enough to safely cover me do ye reckon?

If not, could someone suggest what else I could do to be more on the safe side of things?

Clay

Not safe enough, look at biomes aswell, and how humans can influence them and then ure sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Not safe enough, look at biomes aswell, and how humans can influence them and then ure sorted.

Cheers; would overcropping, overgrazing and desertification cover me for that then?

Clay

No, the Sahal is how humans influence soils, how humans influence biomes is a diff chapter. A biome isnt a soil it's like a tropical region. I did decidous forest in ireland and how it was depleted for how human influences biome.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

a what exactly does knowing overgrazing overcropping +desertification cover you for??

a what exactly does knowing overgrazing overcropping +desertification cover you for??

If you are asked how human activites can influence a soil or a region.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

If i only know that what ONE othe question should i learn

For geo-ecology?

Either the characteristics of a biome or how humans influence a biome. I think either one is as likely to come up. As far as I know they both came up last year.

EDIT: I'm off to bed lads, good luck tomorrow.

Advertisement