Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One for C&C (Shilluette)

• 05-06-2009 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

3595953525_2928921d80.jpg

If your on flickr I'd love to see some of your pics, so if you don't mind posting a link below.
    Mines:
    www.flickr.com/padocon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

A great shot. Did you take it with an ND filter?

My own flickr page:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/liamandagnieszka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Thats a lovely shot

Fantastic photo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Mr Dave C

A lovely Shot well captured. http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave_cooke/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭davgtrek

great photo.
    it would have been a wall hanger if the ground was flat to persons left.
    that bulging shape is a small distraction but still overall very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

A great shot. Did you take it with an ND filter?

My own flickr page:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/liamandagnieszka

Nope No filter
    Tallon wrote: »
    Thats a lovely shot
    Fantastic photo!
    Mr Dave C wrote: »
    A lovely Shot well captured. http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave_cooke/

Thanks All!
    davgtrek wrote: »
    great photo.
    it would have been a wall hanger if the ground was flat to persons left.
    that bulging shape is a small distraction but still overall very good.

I know, pity about that, could be cloned but very hard to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Great shot. Well done. Go do the cloning - it'll make your day worthwhile ;)

3599423906_4988f2bed6.jpg

Hey again,
    Thanks for the cloning advice, it looks better now, I think.
    I have also moved the dog up a little makes him more obvious. Getting rid of the hill was the easy part. I took the water closest to it as the sample and then cloned it out.
    Then I added the detail of the little grass poping up, also cloned from the other side.
    The water on the left looked repetitive and in lines after the clone despite I using different samples for the cloning of the water so I added a different sample (clone) shade here and there to stop the repetitiveness.

So, what do you think? (honestly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Truthfully the cloning looks quite obvious, it is seriously impacting on the way the sun shines on the water on the left side of the shot.

Cloning is great and all, but for this like that a better method may have been to select the right side of the photo, just enough to cover the raised black area on the left, copy and paste to a new layer and position as you want. You will need to clone out the dog on that side but it is a much smaller and less obvious clone that on the other side.

Once you have placed the new chunk on the left, set up you layer mask and using a large enough brush with about 25% Opacity and 0% Hardness, slowly drag in along the hard upper edge of your section to slowly delete it away and blend it with the water below. It might also be an idea to experiment with different layer types here, i tend to get good results using Pin Light when working with water.

Oh yeah, all these instructions are for Adobe Photoshop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I prefer the original, tbh I'm not a fan of pics being over tampered with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

greatly achieved
    a tad of rotation will make it straight, that's all I can say
    I like your cloned version too

Dragan wrote: »
    Truthfully the cloning looks quite obvious, it is seriously impacting on the way the sun shines on the water on the left side of the shot.

Cloning is great and all, but for this like that a better method may have been to select the right side of the photo, just enough to cover the raised black area on the left, copy and paste to a new layer and position as you want. You will need to clone out the dog on that side but it is a much smaller and less obvious clone that on the other side.

Once you have placed the new chunk on the left, set up you layer mask and using a large enough brush with about 25% Opacity and 0% Hardness, slowly drag in along the hard upper edge of your section to slowly delete it away and blend it with the water below. It might also be an idea to experiment with different layer types here, i tend to get good results using Pin Light when working with water.

Oh yeah, all these instructions are for Adobe Photoshop.

3601670566_6cf5715875.jpg
    Thanks for advice! What do you think of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Dodser

Lovely shot. The cloning aint great though. It's pretty obvious, even at lo res. BTW If i was going to do anything with it I try and get the grass to run parallel with the horizon line to give it a more graphic feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Brndn

I like the original, its a lovely shot, I would be delighted to get a shot like that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I also prefer the original. Good use of the Tobacco Filter.

All it needs is a Kangaroo ;)

A kangaroo would be nice, won't be going to Australia for a long time! The dogs is good though! Shows its more Irish.
    No Tobacco filter used. No filter used at all, which is better for sky shots? Tobacco, graduated, or polarized?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

His dog has feckin big ears! Or is it his pet rabbit? :D

Max001 wrote: »
    His dog has feckin big ears! Or is it his pet rabbit? :D

Lol, Nope defo a dog. It was a jack russel with ears pricked.

Advertisement