Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to vote European +local

Options
  • 05-06-2009 2:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

1.I want to do a protest vote?
    (a)Dont vote for any of the parties in government.
    (b) follow the guide on how to use your transfers ,in the european politics forum,to try and ensure your least favourites dont get elected.

2.Im concerned about immigration both from EU and outside?
    Now: well there isnt much you can do about it aside from voting for some fringe candidates and most people dont want to be that extreme.
    The time for that was back at "NiceII the return",but then many went along with the "guilt trip"vis,"How can so few that have been given so much by so many not pay back what they owe" and berties assurance that we were really short of people to prop up the house of cards.

3.I dont care about protesting for local elections,I just want the "best people" to work for my area?.

Then its down to what you really know about the people themselves , for towns +county+ what theyve done in the past.
    If you allways vote for a particular "party" well Im sure whatever group of councillors is there,they will do what they normally do..
    If one has pledged that they wont go on any junkets or will work to get the local fire brigade station revamped etc.. you may prefer them.

4.(a)Im pro/anti increased european integration,whats good for european elections?
    (b)Which european candidates will do the best for Ireland/my region?.

(a) seems down again to personal preference:If people voted en masse for FF/green party it might be seen as a sign Ireland was really in favor of more integration, by media at least,and conversely if there was mass voting for libertas Ganley and sinn fein it might be seen as more anti europe but like most people, no one likes to be second guessed.
    In practical terms its unlikely to make a lot of difference.
    (b)
    What the candidates do.. according to themselves: Is try and get as much money for Ireland as possible when the opportunity arises,and be willing to "work for"better CAPand fisheries for ireland and jobs and infrastructure and european cooperation,and they network a lot also, and anything else that is regulated by Europe.. so that would be pretty much any of them Im sure.
    Just dont expect them to be using their travel expense allowances back to Ireland to go beyond their front door even if they are tired out from the ryanair flight.

Advertisement