Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do the Smods and mods, KEEP CONSISTINGLY AVOID THE C.T ISSUE.

Options
  • 05-06-2009 5:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Are there any adults on this site, can they take issues on board and solve them without restorting to childishness and closing them. Its absaloutely hideous at this stage. I'm surprised after a number of complaints by numerous posters including myself, no one has the diplomacy cop on to handle it. Why do I have to point the obvious and make the obvious changes known.

There is already a dozen or so complaints, issues, reports that people are not happy the way C.T is going. As you all know I'm not happy about my treatment, but I guess boards.ie is supporting this behaviour and allowing this to reach crisis point. Why is this been ignored? Why are some mods that do not deserve to be mods still have their place breaking the charter.

It seems boards is getting into a habit of this, where they reach crisis point. Oh lets close this, ah lets close this, Smods comes in ah well we are sticking to the previous decision and brush it under the carpet. Only in Ireland only In Ireland... People are not happy, is blindness now an issue.

Well anyhooo onto the topic, We need a 3rd mod, and a mod that is not a skeptic and licking up to the skeptics all the time. How many people have asked for this suggestion. Why do the mods constantly ignore this, is there something wrong with plain english here. I'm a big fan of balance, anyone like this, I love it.

Please stop procasinating this issue. :) I know we Irish people have a awful habit of doing this. Can we break the cycle and sort the C.T forum NOW. Not yesterday not tomorrow, NOW.

I think this is sufficient and direct enough. Havent time to elaborate or check my spelling because I'm sick of the lack of action on this.

Have a nice day:)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what is CT?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

what is CT?

Conspiracy theories.

You know, the "they're all out to get us!" forum ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Two mods acting like two children and still not able to deal with this in a serious constructive matter.

Keep it up guys, really showing up boards.ie and how it seems that mods are showing their true colours. In print.

Joke and childishness aside.

• balance brought to C.T
    • 6th ofF it. Unless he sorts his goderator behavour and sorts his personal attacks and unbalanced moderations on posters. Which a few people has commented on already.
    • Skeptic mod and C.t mod. caters for both sides of the sprectum
    • Mods also apply to the charter.
    • 3rd mod if 6th has his place retained
    My personal complaint will be on helpdesk. Its going to be long, it might bring up the ratings on boards...:) Since so many people seem to be not happy with C.T at the mo.

Where are the SMods on this. Can this be resolved in this quarter of 2009, first week into june now, think we can resolve this. Whats this 10th complaint, 3rd of mine and 6 complaints by 5 other people. 2 complaints on C.T by one poster. Few visitor messages. 4 emails by four people also not happy about C.T and all the other previous feedback threads not to mention the helpdesk threats. I think i've missed more, but if I remember I will post it on here. Just forgot I even got feedback from other posters on other forums as they too have seen the threatment i've personally recieved on that forum. Infact despite my 6th month ban, its still talked about because genuine people can see this is a problem. I do hope the SMODS can now see whats going on here. Cus im disgusted with the lack of their contribution to making boards.ie more user friendly environment.

I do not think boards.ie should get an award. and this thread is down forever, to point exactly the reason why.

I think people are not happy. Can boards.ie actually acknowledge this, or do we need to bring specsavers into this aswell.

We need change. Can we do it,

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

mysterious wrote: »
    Two mods ... still not able to deal with this in a serious constructive matter.
    IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH US!!

Please note the forums which we deal with (underneath the avatar).

And if you don't want jokes on the "everyone is out to get us!" line perhaps you should avoid language like the following? :)
    Smods comes in ah well we are sticking to the previous decision and brush it under the carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

In fairness it is SO easy to see why people think there is a "moderator conspiracy".

See this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055561046

A mod publishes PMs in a helpdesk thread. Now I have seen many users balled out of it in public for doing that but nothing is said to the mod for breaking the rules??? The mod in that thread made a decent call in revoking the ban but then dragged up the old thread seemingly just to show off when he banned the guy again. As the banned party said...basically trolling. Nothing said again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

First off.there are no smods,they are admins. You can check the biki for more info.

Secondly,its understandably hard for anyone to take you seriously mysterious.
    I've seen you attack people trying to help you,throw strops etc and its stuff like that that makes people not want to deal with you.
    At this stage,i'd advise you to take a step back from boards,have a breather.

Maybe the forum format doesn't suit you? There are other ways you could spend your time,like a dedicated CT blog.

Wordpress looks great,and is easy to start up. You could have a look at the blogs and wikis forum for tips.

The boards faq also has great tips on how to be a better poster,and this might help you get your points across better.

Again,maybe boards isn't the best place for you,or maybe you need a step back for a moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Oh christ, not this again. I'm going back to bed, maybe when I wake up again this will have been a bad dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Don't bother battling the circle jerk, mysterious, it'll get you nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Ludo wrote: »
    In fairness it is SO easy to see why people think there is a "moderator conspiracy".

Cough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

some guy got banned for pretty much doing that in soccer. he put spoiler tags around it.
    its all very lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Mysterious wrote:
    * balance brought to C.T

There is balance. There are skeptics and theorists, both able to post what they want as long as they stick to the rules.
    Mysterious wrote:
    * 6th ofF it. Unless he sorts his goderator behavour and sorts his personal attacks and unbalanced moderations on posters. Which a few people has commented on already.
    You have a grudge against him because he pulled you up on your constant breaking of the rules. This is what a mod does, there's no point crying about it because you were caught.
    Mysterious wrote:
    * Skeptic mod and C.t mod. caters for both sides of the sprectum
    Being a skeptic of a theorist has nothing to do with being a mod. You've been told this many times before and have ignored it many times before.
    Mysterious wrote:
    * Mods also apply to the charter.
    They do. If you've a problem with a post, you report it and a mod acts on it.
    Mysterious wrote:
    * 3rd mod if 6th has his place retained
    There's no need for more mods as there is such a small user base and as said above, a mod being a skeptic or a theorist has nothing to do with them being a mod.

The Help Desk and Feedback exist for discussing modding. This is why they exist. Discussing modding on any other forum is against the rules, for good reason.

Anyway, there's no mod conspiracy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

mysterious
    We have discussed this to death with you.
    We are happy with how the CT forum is modded and we are happy with the mods.
    You do not seem to understand the charter and to work within it's rules.
    Read it again, get your head around it and abide by it.
    Once you do that, there will no longer be a problem.
    From where I'm standing, the problem here is you, not the way the CT forum is run.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm not seeing anything new here that you haven't gone off about in previous threads, and been (quite rightly) corrected on.

However, if you're determined to ignore all those comments, that's your perogative. You can't expect us to keep listening.

I'm predicting this thread's shelf life will be short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Before LOLcats make thier appearance....

Moderators need to be able to agree jointly on a course of action in order to be able to make decisions harmoniously. They have to "get" how each other thinks so that one Mod making a decision can be pretty confident that the other mod(s) will agree with it.

In an *ahem* emotive and controversial area like CT if you choose 2 mods from different sides of teh fence then you end up with deadlock - pro-CT will make changes that are undone by the anti_CT mod and vice versa. They will be unable to agree on rules, policies, charters and the like. As a result moderation will be scattergun and erratic and no-one will benefit. If you have any doubt about this then think back to when a pro-CT'er was last mod of that forum and the chaos that followed. The mods in there seem - from an outsiders perspective - to be pretty fair and if they make decsions you don't like there is always Help Desk.

This website is set up for discussion and debate. You don't get debate if everyone agrees. Imagine soccer if it was all Liverpool fans:

"Torres is great, isn't he"
    "Yea".
    (End thread)

Wouldn't work well would it? People with different opinions discussing those opinions is what makes a discussion forum work. The A&A board has christians on it and Christianity has atheists. They get along with minimal censorship but I get the feeling that the pro CT side want a platform for thier ideas without any kind of critical comment. But the site doesn't work that way, so why should one side or the other be stifled in the CT forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mysterious, does this mean I can ignore the PM you sent to me 2 hours before you started this thread?
    mysterious wrote: »
    I'm surprised after a number of complaints by numerous posters including myself, no one has the diplomacy cop on to handle it. Why do I have to point the obvious and make the obvious changes known.
    Just because someone makes a complaint, doesn't mean that changes are required. Not all complaints are valid, not all valid complaints can be rectified.
    Why are some mods that do not deserve to be mods still have their place breaking the charter.
    Links please.
    We need a 3rd mod, and a mod that is not a skeptic and licking up to the skeptics all the time. How many people have asked for this suggestion. Why do the mods constantly ignore this, is there something wrong with plain english here. I'm a big fan of balance, anyone like this, I love it.
    The viewpoint of the moderator is irrelevant. A moderator shouldn't moderate to suit their viewpoint, they should be impartial in their actions. They are permitted to have a viewpoint and to support whatever argument they like in a thread, but their moderation actions should be applied to all equally, regardless of the moderator's leanings. I complete reject your request to appoint a biased mod on the basis that they will be...well...biased.

We will appoint moderators as we see fit, on the basis of their suitability to moderate - to be fair and even-handed - and not on the basis of their willingness to be lenient to one particular standpoint.

I find it ironic that someone who invests so much time in discussing conspiracies and biased plots wishes to turn the CT forum into it's own little biased culture.

It's already been suggested to you that if you want a forum where your CT-biased views won't come under scrutiny, you can set up a private social group for yourself.

seamus wrote: »
    I complete reject your request to appoint a biased mod on the basis that they will be...well...biased.

We will appoint moderators as we see fit, on the basis of their suitability to moderate - to be fair and even-handed - and not on the basis of their willingness to be lenient to one particular standpoint.

I find it ironic that someone who invests so much time in discusses conspracies and biased plots wishes to turn the CT forum into it's own little biased culture.

Full of win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

A mod conspiracy in the conspiracy theory forum.

i think not. Too funny to be true

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's at times like these when I'm just stopping myself doing a google images search for "conspiracy cat".

Although, I guess, the nature of a conspiracy theorist is to see conspiracies everywhere. *shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Where are the cters in this thread?!

Mistake being made here, appointing a cter as mod doesn't necessarily entail conflict in moderating process. The previous ct mod, as strict but fair as he was, may not have suited the boards environment which led to all that hassle. But this does not apply to all cters.

A CT mod is the way to go for a fair and balanced culture. The CT mod will be expected to abide by the charter and moderate just the same as any other mod, but there is no more or less bias inthis than a skeptic being a mod, as a skeptic will show bias towards arguments which debunk CTs. One CT mod, that's all the CT community asks for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I would gladly mod the ct forum.

id ban everyone.

access granted on acknowledgement thats its not a right one has to post there. Its a private forum, as with the rest of boards.ie, you will quit your moaning and jibba jabba and do as you are told. You dont like it. Try the lego forum

rule with iron fist.

you lot would beg for the return of the 6th.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Where are the cters in this thread?!

Mistake being made here, appointing a cter as mod doesn't necessarily entail conflict in moderating process. The previous ct mod, as strict but fair as he was, may not have suited the boards environment which led to all that hassle. But this does not apply to all cters.

A CT mod is the way to go for a fair and balanced culture. The CT mod will be expected to abide by the charter and moderate just the same as any other mod, but there is no more or less bias inthis than a skeptic being a mod, as a skeptic will show bias towards arguments which debunk CTs. One CT mod, that's all the CT community asks for.

Are the mods upholding the charter or is the charter biased or are the mods therefore in your eyes ignoring the charter? The above seems conflicting to me.

If the mods are showing bias and this is causing the issue, but you claim they are showing bias, surely amending the charter is the way to go.

Wasn't there a thread where the CT forum decided the new charter?

SDooM wrote: »
    Are the mods upholding the charter or is the charter biased or are the mods therefore in your eyes ignoring the charter? The above seems conflicting to me.

If the mods are showing bias and this is causing the issue, but you claim they are showing bias, surely amending the charter is the way to go.

Wasn't there a thread where the CT forum decided the new charter?

Its about the atmosphere in the forum, I think a CT mod would reduce the us vs them tension which has developed. Obviously there should be as little bias as possible in the implementation of charter rules, I was referring to mods expressing their view points. For the record I don't think Mysterious should have been banned, he didn't cause any real problems.

Mysterious continually broke the rules and deserved the ban, just like anyone who does the same on any other of the forums.

Anyway, as said above, the mods views don't have anything to do with their moderation. If you feel that they are letting their personal beliefs get in the way of their moderation, then you report that and back it up with evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Its about the atmosphere in the forum, I think a CT mod would reduce the us vs them tension which has developed. Obviously there should be as little bias as possible in the implementation of charter rules, I was referring to mods expressing their view points. For the record I don't think Mysterious should have been banned, he didn't cause any real problems.

If there is already an atmosphere of CT'er Vs Skeptic in the forum do you not think that a Pro CT Mod would rile the skeptics up more

Surely they would question their bannings/infractions a bit more if they were banned by a Pro CT mod than by a skeptic-ish mod?

As said above though the modding should be impartial so the Pro CT Vs Skeptic Mod is kind of irrelevant unless you feel there has been clear bias shown

I read CT a good bit and to be honest I think the Modding is well handled

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You broke the rules mysterious. I know because I was getting annoyed by it. You repeatedly argued with moderators in thread, both 6th and bonkey. You repeatedly made posts which did not belong on a conspiracy forum, and you were continuously making the natives restless. All this after just coming back from a month-long ban.

I can't believe you are still arguing about this. Your argument hasn't changed since you first started any of this, and all those points have repeatedly been discussed. The mods and admins are not going to change their minds. Not because there is a conspiracy. But because you are wrong. Plain and simple. Deal with it.

Popey wrote: »
    If there is already an atmosphere of CT'er Vs Skeptic in the forum do you not think that a Pro CT Mod would rile the skeptics up more

Surely they would question their bannings/infractions a bit more if they were banned by a Pro CT mod than by a skeptic-ish mod?

As said above though the modding should be impartial so the Pro CT Vs Skeptic Mod is kind of irrelevant unless you feel there has been clear bias shown

I read CT a good bit and to be honest I think the Modding is well handled

well then why are the skeptics being pandered to and not the cters?

Where are they being pandered to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

snyper wrote: »
    I would gladly mod the ct forum.

id ban everyone.

access granted on acknowledgement thats its not a right one has to post there. Its a private forum, as with the rest of boards.ie, you will quit your moaning and jibba jabba and do as you are told. You dont like it. Try the lego forum

rule with iron fist.

you lot would beg for the return of the 6th.

+1 for this suggestion. Of course we all know how well things went the last time snyper jokingly asked to mod a particular forum, so I can only trust that this will be a resounding success.

Enough of the belly achin'! Let us have some lovely music to sooth our temptuous hearts instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

How can you be a "pro-CT" mod? Or is the CT forum limited by charter to one particular CT?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement