Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drum arrangement video tutorial for beginners

Options
  • 05-06-2009 5:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

this is kinda embarassing but what the hell.:o

okay so ive done a very basic tutorial on how to arrange a basic house beat.
    im not claiming to be an expert but it might help out some noobs who cant get there drum arrangement sounding right.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=cc1a001ffe267afbd5a101cf914073b46ac72651cbd6af27

its 11 minutes long.im basically regurgitating stuff ive learned and tips from people i know(mainly jt suited:D)

the audio is kinda out of sync with the video so when im counting it well off.
    the samples i used to make the beat are included with the file as well as the bassline i made for people to play around with.

all very basic stuff but it might help someone.also maybe some other people will have a go at making there own tutorials on production techniques
    :D:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Hi Sean - I got an error saying "no files found" when I tried to access the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

okay ill upload it again.

sorry bout that

okay reuploaded,should be fine now.

no laughing at my accent now people:D

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

Decent straight forward tutorial. I think that regardless of the software platform you're using the technique can be applied. Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

is this the one I've seen before sean?

the one with the big dundalk accent?
    you should make a tutorial on the accent now!

• Advertisement

jtsuited wrote: »
    is this the one I've seen before sean?

the one with the big dundalk accent?
    you should make a tutorial on the accent now!
    ha ha ha no its a different one that i made especially just for this forum(aw :P)

but the creamy silky dundalk accent is still there.

i should do movie trailer voiceovers really:D

(in deep dundalk accent)In a world where danger......................

haha. just watched it.
    good shtuff.

gonna be very useful for a lot of people here I imagine.

Decent straight forward tutorial. I think that regardless of the software platform you're using the technique can be applied. Nice one
    yeah definitely not advanced or anything but for a beginner it might come in useful

haha. just watched it.
    good shtuff.

gonna be very useful for a lot of people here I imagine.

notice i call you jtsweeted(like hotel suite)ha ha ha

seannash wrote: »
    notice i call you jtsweeted(like hotel suite)ha ha ha

just got to that bit haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Great stuff ,watching this now :)

actually, just realised this tutorial would be very very very useful for anyone who is completely new to production.

I mean you can extrapolate a lot from this video. Pretty much shows the building blocks of producing dance music in ten minutes. Fair play Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Man that is brilliant exactly what i was looking for.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Tried to download but keep getting "Invalid File. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team."?

a few people are having a problem downloading this for some reason.
    try this

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tdtml1ljmzy

hopefully this will work.

it is a very simple tutorial.i was really just targeting people who are begining to get into production.
    hopefully more experienced producer will take the initiotive and do there own tutorials.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

DLing now, sounds like it'll be perfect for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Love the accent, hate the bloody mouseclicks :p

Great video though, now I'm gonna try something I've been mulling over. If it comes out anyway audible I'll post it here later :)

hopefully more experienced producer will take the initiotive and do there own tutorials.
    yo dude, just got that screenflick thing working. Am now about to show the world what a lazy producer I am, and blow the lid on the whole black art of techno production!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

File is downloading now..thanks man :D

yo dude, just got that screenflick thing working. Am now about to show the world what a lazy producer I am, and blow the lid on the whole black art of techno production!!
    fantastic!!!!!
    this could be a real good resource for people getting into production as well as experienced producers.

soooo looking forward to any tutorial you post up as it will inevitably be a bit more advanced than this one:D

also screenflick is friggin awesome

• Advertisement

Jev/N wrote: »
    File is downloading now..thanks man :D
    dont get your hopes up ha ha ha.
    seriously though its very basic but ill try do some more tutorials on other techniques.

also screenflick is friggin awesome
    yeah man i really can't believe how easy it is to use. expect a video or two by tonight.
    gonna go spend the 25 dollars on screenflick now!!

yeah man i really can't believe how easy it is to use. expect a video or two by tonight.
    gonna go spend the 25 dollars on screenflick now!!
    also you can set up the audio quality on it.think you can get some good quality audio out of it in the options

yeah the audio quality is bloody great on it. apart from the mouseclicks and ambient noise but sure that's only to be expected.

yeah the audio quality is bloody great on it. apart from the mouseclicks and ambient noise but sure that's only to be expected.
    yeah if you have a mic going into your daw you should be able to minimalise that.but i was using the inbuilt mic on the mac for it.
    still though its a great resource.ive done alot of tutorials on it.saves me trying to explain stuff to people in words ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Hagakure_irl

Cheers Sean! Going to download it now and try my magic at it!

Advertisement