Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Aftermath

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ThatWouldBeNice

Mr.S wrote: »
    The look on my face when Global Warming/Deforrestation/Desertification wasn't on the option:(

/fail.

What about Human Impact on biomes, or whatever it was? You could've fit it it.

Beau - that's horrible, hope everything works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Overall thought it was tough, especially some bogey short qs:mad:

Elective was grand, aswell as regional, cept my brazil sketch resembled a deformed blob haha

Option-culture and identity wasn't great

That feckin physical section, formation of sedimentary rocks or whatever- reckon i'll get marks for doing limestone pavement as a formation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Second A of the day hopefully :)

I kicked ASS in the European urban region. I wrote and wrote and wrote! :D

And seemingly I answered the easy questions, and answered them right according to my teacher which is class. I'm tired though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Where was global warming?!?!?!?!

Other than that....grand paper.

We never touched biomes or any of the other options, just the first 3 questions part. I don't even know what a Biome is :pac: our teacher just didn't look at it.

I did the NGO/Aid one though, but i'd learnt of essays for Global Warming/Deforrestation/Desertification as it had come up every year:(

That's a pity - the question was basically "How have human's altered the earth" :(

• Advertisement

Ah well, nothing i can really do about it now :pac:!

Yeah it was a fairly open paper, I'm sure it's fine. At least you finished yours ;):rolleyes:

I loved the question about the development of an urban area. I just wrote everything I know about Paris :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

cloak wrote: »
    anybody know if global warming, deforestation en desertification fit in with the question on globaly interdependant economy, actions in one place have effects on others??????

i was thinking that but didn't want to risk it because i knew NGO's...
    i'd say so, deforestation in the amazon has global effects so you could definitely fit that into it..
    and global warming has global effects too.
    once you backed everything up with examples i'd say you're ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

anybody know if global warming, deforestation en desertification fit in with the question on globaly interdependant economy, actions in one place have effects on others??????

Yep that's what I did anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I thought it said something about a global economy, which to me sounds like they were trying to make one not do global warming and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

It went better than I expected, I used every bit of knowledge I had to pad out things..
    Did anyone do the question on why a European urban centre developed at a certain point? I did Paris and just went through the three economic activities attracting people to the region and stuff but I think I messed up.. what were we meant to do with that??? :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Very happy with that!!

Is anyone elses hand really sore?Mine was killing me for geoecology!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

I did question 17, geo ecology about overgrazing overcropping and desertification and how it accelerates soil erosion. Of course desertification came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

rhapsody! wrote: »
    It went better than I expected, I used every bit of knowledge I had to pad out things..
    Did anyone do the question on why a European urban centre developed at a certain point? I did Paris and just went through the three economic activities attracting people to the region and stuff but I think I messed up.. what were we meant to do with that??? :S

as long as you kept reinforcing how paris has developed so much and all the stuff in it-tourism etc you'll be grand. thats what my teacher told me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

It was a nice paper. In each of the sections there was at least one full question that I could answer.

I messed up a bit with time management and was rushing at the end so my essay question is a bit short however all in all I think that I did ok.

Hopefully the results will reflect that in August. I'm hoping for a B3.

Phew, yeah I referred to tourism and everythign basically from the three sectors, yay (: Aiming for at least a B3.. eek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Isaac702 wrote: »
    It was a nice paper. In each of the sections there was at least one full question that I could answer.

I messed up a bit with time management and was rushing at the end so my essay question is a bit short however all in all I think that I did ok.

Hopefully the results will reflect that in August. I'm hoping for a B3.
    Phew, yeah I referred to tourism and everythign basically from the three sectors, yay (: Aiming for at least a B3.. eek.

Don't worry about it - you'll get that. Remotely okayish project + short questions + attempts at long questions, it's inevitable that you'll get a good grade :) Don't stress - tis a safe bet for a nice boost come August!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cloak

cheers aisling...thats enough of a reasurance to help me take a quick nap before i hit the english key notes book.... gods gifit to us delinquents:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bus ****!!!!!!

Global Interdependence, had banked on global warming, desertification and deforestion and low and behold they didn't come up in the option.:mad: Apart from that I thought it was ok, but seemed harder than past years. Was aiming for a B1 but well hoping for a C1 or B3 now.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭smndly

The highest point of the map was the top left corner right??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

smndly wrote: »
    The highest point of the map was the top left corner right??

dont think so because there was no spot hight or a contor line that showed the height

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

Bus ****!!!!!!

Global Interdependence, had banked on global warming, desertification and deforestion and low and behold they didn't come up in the option.:mad: Apart from that I thought it was ok, but seemed harder than past years. Was aiming for a B1 but well hoping for a C1 or B3 now.:(
    It was hidden in the question 14, how are the actions in one place effect another? Global Warming > Desertification blah blah blah

I thought it was the height that was in the biggest font. 190 something..
    Also what direction was the photo taken?
    I said North North West?
    Was gonna say North West but thought I'd be specific lol. Probably effed if up in some stupid way xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

Ah it was a grand paper.
    Wrote too much for some questions though and my Biome answer ended up being just over 3 pages :(. Ive never wrote so much in such a short period of time, 16 damn pages. I'll be sad if I dont get a B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

Just wondering about the Geocology question (17). Discuss how human activities can accelerate soil erosion. Does the answer involve over cropping, overgrazing, and deformation??

ty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

I thought it was the height that was in the biggest font. 190 something..
    Also what direction was the photo taken?
    I said North North West?
    Was gonna say North West but thought I'd be specific lol. Probably effed if up in some stupid way xD

west i tought ! maby a tiny bit north ...hope i didin feck that up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭.DarDarBinks

awhir wrote: »
    Definitley west!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 goonyougoodthin

awhir wrote: »
    Yup it was west.

Handy short questions too with the aerial photograph and what sections they belonged too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

I said west and I thought the highest point was the one with the triangle beside it? cos there was no numbers on the top left corner.

ANYWAY ITS OFF SO NO POST MORTUMS!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

Thought it was handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

Brooke01 wrote: »
    Just wondering about the Geocology question (17). Discuss how human activities can accelerate soil erosion. Does the answer involve over cropping, overgrazing, and deformation??

ty

Yeh well i did the same...wrote 3 nd half pages on them.. paragraphs each on overgrazing overcropping and desertification.

Got a bit confused though because i was sorta over lapping with the three and i thought i was **** talking for a bit...did u do the same ? Not sure whether it was a good answer or not because felt i may have repeated some thing from overgrazing in the overcroppin part.

Advertisement