Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Aftermath

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Oh I assumed that's the question you were talking about...

Didn't see a biome question because I wasn't really looking for one.

Sorry :o

Naw it's cool - I was planning on doing a soil q all along. Biome ones are too dodgy after this many years of steady same-question madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭imfreein09

what way does the 20% of the project work? if i got 70in exam does that mean i get 90 if my project was perfect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

A Desert is a Biome.

"18. Assess how biomes have been altered by human activity."
    If you talk about over cropping/over grazing...... you wont get marks will ya? Over cropping/ over grazing is human interference right?

imfreein09 wrote: »
    what way does the 20% of the project work? if i got 70in exam does that mean i get 90 if my project was perfect?

No, work out what 70% in the written exam is as 80% overall, that's what you'd get.. How are you reasoning that missing 30% anywhere gets you 90%? :p By your logic a perfect paper would get 120%

Swizz wrote: »
    A Desert is a Biome.

A hot desert to be really nitpicky as there are cold deserts, too. If you did the biome question and referred to it you need to refer to it as a hot desert biome afaik.

• Advertisement

do you get attemp marks in geog? i really ****ed up 2dy and im in bits over it like say i got 65 today and around 18 in project wats my result

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭don101

fair play all of ye
    i thought the paper was rotten hard and im a bit sickened after it to be honest!! lucky to get a C im thinking.

don101 wrote: »
    fair play all of ye
    i thought the paper was rotten hard and im a bit sickened after it to be honest!! lucky to get a C im thinking.

yes i thought it was a joke!! so pissed off it was an intense exam!! glad its over like.. but sure what can we do now eh.. i didn understand the human q guessed it all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Claypigeon wrote: »
    A hot desert to be really nitpicky as there are cold deserts, too. If you did the biome question and referred to it you need to refer to it as a hot desert biome afaik.

I dont think so. A desert in general is hot in day and cold at night as theres no cloud cover?...

Anyway Anyone who did Q17 or 18 will you answer my Q and add in what you wrote about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jimjam-06

A Desert is a Biome.

"18. Assess how biomes have been altered by human activity."
    If you talk about over cropping/over grazing...... you wont get marks will ya? Over cropping/ over grazing is human interference right?

Human interference is what alters biomes

• Advertisement

wouldn u be able to use human activity as the same thing a interference there basically the same? its logging all that stuff

do you get attemp marks in geog? i really ****ed up 2dy and im in bits over it like say i got 65 today and around 18 in project wats my result

There are no "attempt" marks just like marks for what you've done SRP-wise.

yes i thought it was a joke!! so pissed off it was an intense exam!! glad its over like.. but sure what can we do now eh.. i didn understand the human q guessed it all!!

least im not alone! many people from my school thought the same so i was expecting a potential outrage in this thread!! was countn on geog for cao points too! just happy pass maths was such a doss!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

please someone tell me that for human interaction extracting building materials that u can use quarrying pleeeeasse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

lads for the short questions what was the feature of depostion on the stech map ?

and what were the lay out of the rocks in the short question?

least im not alone! many people from my school thought the same so i was expecting a potential outrage in this thread!! was countn on geog for cao points too! just happy pass maths was such a doss!

ya i came on this and i was lik wtf how is there so much ppl happy with it, my mate completly blanked didn do her geogo essay tats 80m gone and she left out like a 30m and a 20m... shes in bits? is tat a fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I dont think so. A desert in general is hot in day and cold at night as theres no cloud cover?...

Anyway Anyone who did Q17 or 18 will you answer my Q and add in what you wrote about?

I did Q 18 and wrote about deforestation, development of permanent settlements, agriculture and industrial development.

That's exactly how it's laid out in my book under the heading ''Humans alter biomes'' :)

And yeah you're right about the desert - hot during day, cold at night, but generally deserts such as the Sahara are called hot desert biomes, because deserts are also found in Antarctica. I doubt they'd be too strict over whether you called it a desert biome or a hot desert biome though.

ya i came on this and i was lik wtf how is there so much ppl happy with it, my mate completly blanked didn do her geogo essay tats 80m gone and she left out like a 30m and a 20m... shes in bits? is tat a fail?

i doubt its a fail, the short, part A's and attempts at part Bs, along with the fieldwork is enough to pass! but at the same time 80m is a good chunk..

leesmom wrote: »
    please someone tell me that for human interaction extracting building materials that u can use quarrying pleeeeasse

Didn't see that q tbh.

i doubt its a fail, the short, part A's and attempts at part Bs, along with the fieldwork is enough to pass! but at the same time 80m is a good chunk..

yeh so all in all shes left out about 120marks,, eeekkkk!!!!
    im fuked so upset

• Advertisement

its Q2c describe how human interact with the rock cycle it noramlly had quarrying on it this time it said extraction of building materials

Jello wrote: »
    I did Q 18 and wrote about deforestation, development of permanent settlements, agriculture and industrial development.

That's exactly how it's laid out in my book under the heading ''Humans alter biomes'' :)

That would be fine I'd say but you'd want to have tied in how those developments and settlements alter the biome, what was changed by those processes and events occurring?

leesmom wrote: »
    its Q2c describe how human interact with the rock cycle it noramlly had quarrying on it this time it said extraction of building materials

That'd be sound then I'd say, I did mining. But to be honest if you mentioned how the extracted rock is used in building etc you're grand, don't stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

That would be fine I'd say but you'd want to have tied in how those developments and settlements alter the biome, what was changed by those processes and events occurring?
    Exactly, I had that included.

That'd be sound then I'd say, I did mining. But to be honest if you mentioned how the extracted rock is used in building etc you're grand, don't stress.
    thank youuuu:D

hows about one of ye smart ppl answer the shorts and posts them up.. its on the examinations website already!! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

My my wasn't I a lucky thing! I only started studying late last night. I could do one question from each section pretty well so all was ok! I got 5 pages written on my biome(pours out of ya under pressure). I found the short qs pretty hard in places though, that photo was almost vertical and I said they were facing NW :(
    I did the q on plate tectonics but wasn't sure what they were looking for, I wrote like 3 or 4 pages on continental drift and sea floor spreading theories and then went on about the different types of plate boundaries and examples etc, could've gone on forever tbh, such a rambly topic.
    My regional wasn't great I did secondary activites in an irish region(1 and a half pages I think) and development of Paris(didn't know if this was relevant either, just rambled on for about 2-3 pages). Map was grand but I had to put the Savanna region as my other physical feature, is that ok? :confused:
    Human environment q was a joke as always. Did it in 10 minutes and went on about the docklands in Cork because I know nothing else about land uses in urban areas. I can't even remember the other question now!
    Overall I think I got a B2/3(probably 3). Pretty pleased. :)

hows about one of ye smart ppl answer the shorts and posts them up.. its on the examinations website already!! ha

Don't be worrying - it's too late to change now and most people will have gotten 90% of the short ones right, easy 80 mks

Don't be worrying - it's too late to change now and most people will have gotten 90% of the short ones right, easy 80 mks

yeh i know.. was really banking on geog.. had a breakdown last night, and i was in bits i hate the leaving.. dont think il bother going to coll.. sucha waste of money for my education ugh just theres nothing i actually want to do,, and ive to change my cao.. god i hate life...

• Advertisement

yeh i know.. was really banking on geog.. had a breakdown last night, and i was in bits i hate the leaving.. dont think il bother going to coll.. sucha waste of money for my education ugh just theres nothing i actually want to do,, and ive to change my cao.. god i hate life...

Breakdown over what?

Advertisement