Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Aftermath

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

The thing I like about Geography is that all you have to do is read (same as Biology). Other subjects you have to spend hours writting quotes and learning formulae. Oh ......how I hate English :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

haloauto wrote: »
    The thing I like about Geography is that all you have to do is read (same as Biology). Other subjects you have to spend hours writting quotes and learning formulae. Oh ......how I hate English :mad:

If it takes you hours to learn one line of information when you understand it, something is terribly wrong :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

Claypigeon wrote: »
    If it takes you hours to learn one line of information when you understand it, something is terribly wrong :S
    No silly :p hours learning loads of quotes.

haloauto wrote: »
    No silly :p hours learning loads of quotes.

Loads of quotes? :p Tis about the versatility and potential usage of quotes and how you can mould them to your answer that you should worry about not the sheer amount of them! Cut down and know how to use them rather than jam your head full of facts that you may not even touch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Was the question on question 1 regarding highest area of map a trick question?
    There was a spot height of like 170m in the southern half but in the top left corner there was an area above 200 with no spot heights though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Why did you do that question and not human interaction with the rock cycle ie mining etc?

i did that one aswell, u need to answer the a b c of eac question dont you, do u mean the one on geothermal energy?? thats what i always do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Was the highest spot height not 197 with the triangle beside it :S

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

The Global Interdependence question was horrible.....

I was aiming for an A1 in Geography...
    Be lucky to scrape a C now...

I did the 2nd one in Global and talked about GLobal Warming, Deforestation, Desertification and Aid and stuff, mixed it all up on how decisions by 1 area effect another....
    Pitty we didn't do Geocology, seemed the easiest tbh ;/

Economic elective was grand, regional was okay, and physical okay except the B part of the question i did

I think i messed some of the short questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

that was such a tricky paper

im so disapointed with it everything i studied didnt come up

i hope i got a C3 but i highly doubt i did that good :(

oh well theres nothing i can do now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 VivaLaVida

Overall I thought it was ok but was really disappointed with the regional. Seems like I learned too much to end up only answering one 30 mark question well. Had to totally make up the other one, wonder how good they are at detecting bluffing cause I felt like I was doing quite a bit of it!

• Advertisement

that was such a tricky paper

im so disapointed with it everything i studied didnt come up

i hope i got a C3 but i highly doubt i did that good :(

oh well theres nothing i can do now

With the fieldstudy i'm sure you did fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭FeistyOneYouAre

did anyone else do culture and identity instead of geo ecology?!
    i dunno how anyone could do geo ecology...its just the most borin topic ever!!

I kinda regret not doing Culture and Identity hahaha

Would a done better than global interdependence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

GVNDNN wrote: »
    With the fieldstudy i'm sure you did fine :)

i hope so :) fingers crossed

i hope so :) fingers crossed

Geography isn't to hard to get points, keep throwing in SRP'S and you will be fine

Fiedstudy + Short questions and you have passed already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

No you haven't, I'm sure it's only like 30% for fieldwork and short questions, provided you get full marks. Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news or anything lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Walsh wrote: »
    No you haven't, I'm sure it's only like 30% for fieldwork and short questions, provided you get full marks. Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news or anything lol

Well I think he was being general. Other than those I'm sure everyone could waffle enough to get the other 10%. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 GaryB

I still get sick at the thought of my Geoecology question to be honest...didn't prepare a broad enough range of exam questions and I sunk...oh good jesus did i sink...:rolleyes:

Made up for it in the other questions though, short questions mixed, physical was the shiz - human interaction with the rock cycle...gigidy ;)

Home Ec, Geography and English all finished now...feelin good to look at a pile of gathering books and notes that I dont need anymore :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

i did culture and identity, did the conflict with political and cultural disorder essay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭RuehlTheWorld

For development of an urban region I talked about Paris, and started with the importance of agriculture, leading to secondary, leading to tertiary.

It just didnt seem right after I wrote it and I didn't have time to try fix it.

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement

For development of an urban region I talked about Paris, and started with the importance of agriculture, leading to secondary, leading to tertiary.

It just didnt seem right after I wrote it and I didn't have time to try fix it.

Any thoughts?

You're grand if you linked it back to the question ;) For example obviously humification does not accelerate soil erosion but when explaining basics about the soil to set up my question I defined it this would be classed as an SRP - it's relevant :) Explains your logic and knowledge.

Remember - the examiners are urged to READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU MARK ANYTHING. Therefore for example in an English paper even if your like for example Question A's on paper one weren't great, if the essay showed a real flair for English and a good knowledge they would get an idea of where you're coming from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭FeistyOneYouAre

brennaldo wrote: »
    i did culture and identity, did the conflict with political and cultural disorder essay

where did ya write about?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

where did ya write about?

I did that question on Culture identity. Wrote about the basques conflict with Spain, Kurds conflict with Iraq and Turkey, then I wrote about the Catholics in Northern Ireland. Not hugely hard stuff...

Advertisement