Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the n00bs (anyone else who's interested)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Yeah, a big thanks for the session JT! Really enjoyable and learned a lot...taking breaks being the biggest lesson :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sorry I missed it lads, I went all out at Yes Festival (which was fecking brilliant) - it tirned into a late one so i spent most of yesterday in bed. Fair play to you Jeff for doing it, if it's ever repeated please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

I'll echo the others in saying thanks a million jeff.. really useful day!

... and holy bejesus, that sidechain compressed noise technique trick is every where - never really paid attention to it before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

haha good shtuff lads. Great fun of a day.

To sum up what happened, I didn't take breaks enough and spend around 2 hours going round in circles. went for lunch, came back and nailed the rest of the main parts of the track in about 10 minutes.

And it's funny because I'm always telling people to take regular breaks. Guess you see why now!!

Gonna upload the track we did later. Sounds pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

Any chance you could upload the Logic file anywhere?

splitrmx wrote: »
    Any chance you could upload the Logic file anywhere?

i'll see what i can do. gonna upload the stems and stuff later.

Was a good buzz of a day (acman's carl cox story is a classic) so should do it again soon.

Thanks for that jt, really enjoyable and a wopper hot chicken roll to boot.

indeed, i have a fairly extensive local knowledge when it comes to the art of hot chicken baguettes and that place do the best ones by a country mile. Fairly attractive deli workers too.

jtsuited wrote: »

And cue my beloved smoke cannons at 2:14 :D and again at 3:46 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Just after seeing this thread and would have loved to have gone along, any chance you might be doing another day like this in the future???

• Advertisement

Davexirl wrote: »
    Just after seeing this thread and would have loved to have gone along, any chance you might be doing another day like this in the future???

ah yeah i reckon so. gonna be doing private tutorials with people from now on too (anyone interested pm me), so might get the ball rolling with a good aul day of studio messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Cracking up i missed it!! i guess i live too far away!! at least tell us the carl cox story!!

Hey JT if your ever down my way and if a couple of the guys from this part of the country are up for it id be glad to host a little something similar..

Stab*City wrote: »
    Cracking up i missed it!! i guess i live too far away!! at least tell us the carl cox story!!

Hey JT if your ever down my way and if a couple of the guys from this part of the country are up for it id be glad to host a little something similar..

cool, will do.
    i'll let acman tell the story!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

so acman are ya gonna enlighten the rest of us who couldnt make it on the day?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Twas a be there moment :pac:

I think acman will go missing from the forum until this blows over. :o

feck it I'm gonna tell this one....

Acman was over in Ibiza two weeks ago living it up. While in space his mate came back from the toilets with a big smile on his face. When asked why he seemed so happy he showed acman a photo taken seconds earlier in which his friend was standing beside Carl Cox.

Acman dropped everything and legged it to the jacks to meet the man and hopefully get a photo (or a warm up slot!). He did actually find the man, and talked at length to him and even got a photo.

Now the next bit I'm not too sure about, but when acman came back his mate was laughing his hole off at him. He pointed out to acman that Carl Cox must have mastered some sort of space-time continuum manipulation because he seemed to be up on the dj podium in the main room banging out the choons.

Acman still slightly star-struck started asking some uncomfortable questions...

Surely Coxy couldn't have run from their encounter all the way to the other side of the club and started playing in the 2 minutes previous? (Especially given Mr. Cox's fairly sizeable physique)

And so it transpires that Carl Cox in the toilets was a different man to Carl Cox the guy djing in the main room. Yet he dresses the exact same as him, looks remarkably like him, and actually pretends to be him to hapless souls like our acman.

And so Acman after all the excitement came away with just a photo of himself and some strange Carl Cox doppelganger, and a bloody great story.

Reminds me of the story of Jay-Z giving a homeless guy a 50 dollar bill and the homeless guy shouting 'Holy sh1t, Will Smith just gave me 50 bucks!'.

jtsuited wrote: »
    feck it I'm gonna tell this one....

Acman was over in Ibiza two weeks ago living it up. While in space his mate came back from the toilets with a big smile on his face. When asked why he seemed so happy he showed acman a photo taken seconds earlier in which his friend was standing beside Carl Cox.

Acman dropped everything and legged it to the jacks to meet the man and hopefully get a photo (or a warm up slot!). He did actually find the man, and talked at length to him and even got a photo.

Now the next bit I'm not too sure about, but when acman came back his mate was laughing his hole off at him. He pointed out to acman that Carl Cox must have mastered some sort of space-time continuum manipulation because he seemed to be up on the dj podium in the main room banging out the choons.

Acman still slightly star-struck started asking some uncomfortable questions...

Surely Coxy couldn't have run from their encounter all the way to the other side of the club and started playing in the 2 minutes previous? (Especially given Mr. Cox's fairly sizeable physique)

And so it transpires that Carl Cox in the toilets was a different man to Carl Cox the guy djing in the main room. Yet he dresses the exact same as him, looks remarkably like him, and actually pretends to be him to hapless souls like our acman.

And so Acman after all the excitement came away with just a photo of himself and some strange Carl Cox doppelganger, and a bloody great story.

Reminds me of the story of Jay-Z giving a homeless guy a 50 dollar bill and the homeless guy shouting 'Holy sh1t, Will Smith just gave me 50 bucks!'.

It's true, all true :o

Still though, you cant say it doesnt look like him:

63958709_c09b77ea30_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

Really disappointed I missed this! The track is absolutely lovely!

Any chance the process was screen captured in the end? Would love to see how this was made!

Really disappointed I missed this! The track is absolutely lovely!

Any chance the process was screen captured in the end? Would love to see how this was made!

didn't bother with a screen capture as it would have been 6 hours of messing. Like Acman's story you had to be there!!!

Gonna do another one soon, as we had a good laugh doing the last one. Will post up screenshots of the project and brief descriptions of some of the processes later if that's any use to ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

If it's not much trouble! always interested by how people go about making their tracks!

Hadn't been on here in aaages so i literally only saw the thread about it the other day haha

Will definitely come if it happens again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

The actual Logic file would be great because then you can see exactly what settings were used where etc. Obviously you'd need to also own the plugins if any third party ones were used. I think the Arturia Moog one is available as a demo from the Arturia site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Nice track! I'm well on for any more get togethers.

womoma wrote: »

ah jaysus deccy, how art thou???

Ok planning on another of these in a few weeks time, so anyone interested say so in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

where the hell have you been man?

Hey lads. Just a busy few months, mum has been sick, I got a new girlfriend, learning to drive etc.

You still in USA Sean?

Jeff- must go for a spin or a drink some time and catch up.

Hey lads. Just a busy few months, mum has been sick, I got a new girlfriend, learning to drive etc.

You still in USA Sean?

good man deccy. yeah anytime. sorry to hear about your mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

You still in USA Sean?

nah man.i followed the typical irish traveller migration route and im now in sydney:D

good to have you back,sorry to hear bout your mam,hopefully its straightened out now.
    any music for us to pick apart ;)

seannash wrote: »
    any music for us to pick apart ;)

Haven't finished a tune in months but I'm getting back into it now.

Right dudes, gonna do this again in two weeks time. Anyone interested? Same setup as before. If we have more than 5 people I'll do a second one.

Also, 3 hour tutorials covering just about everything are starting now, at 60 euro for each session. Pm me if you're interested.

• Advertisement

Right dudes, gonna do this again in two weeks time. Anyone interested? Same setup as before. If we have more than 5 people I'll do a second one.

Also, 3 hour tutorials covering just about everything are starting now, at 60 euro for each session. Pm me if you're interested.

Advertisement