Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the n00bs (anyone else who's interested)

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I missed the last one so would like to pop over and watch if that's cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

What's the format/schedule? Just a straight demonstration, or a more interactive vibe? I like the idea of people discussing music and sound design as the track progresses. Anyway, I'm well on for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yeah id defiantly be up for coming over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

womoma wrote: »
    What's the format/schedule? Just a straight demonstration, or a more interactive vibe? I like the idea of people discussing music and sound design as the track progresses. Anyway, I'm well on for it.

eh last time the schedule was

10am the lads show up. tea is drunk and got started on a track, explaining the fundamentals blah blah
    11am logic crashed on me (for the first time in about two years) and i lost what we had done. Started again and got to the same stage in about 15 minutes.
    11.30 - drove the track round a roundabout and took a wrong turn. couldn't find the way back to the roundabout and the next two hours consisted of banging my head against the wall.
    1.30 track finally came back together so we headed for lunch
    2.30 got all the rest of the main parts in 10 minutes, after a great lunch consisting of hot chicken rolls, acman's carl cox story, and listening to music.
    2.30 - 6/7 : trudged through the arrangement.
    7-8 cleanup and bounce a couple of times.

didn't really strike any gold that day regarding the track itself, which is sort of lucky because i showed them how to get a track done when it's a bit of a struggle as opposed to one of those days where everything just falls into place in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

well up for it too ... put my name down

great stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Count me in...havent met anyone famous since my last venture though! :D

acman wrote: »
    Count me in...havent met anyone famous since my last venture though! :D
    Bagsie shotgun to the shop!

*This is an official call for shotgun as it is deemed all parties present
    T&C Apply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Bagsie shotgun to the shop!

*This is an official call for shotgun as it is deemed all parties present
    T&C Apply

eh major misunderstanding of shotgun rules.

Rule 8.2.4 Subsection C

Player who calls 'shotgun' must have car in field of vision and also be within hearing distance of any other player or driver

Jaysus there was me thinking my Big Deal Status could be enough to bend the rules.

http://www.shotgunrules.com/

13. However a driver’s girlfriend/boyfriend is not required to call shotgun.
    Ref:http://athingforcars.com/autos/15-rules-for-calling-shotgun/

So Alex how about it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Tough one! As it also says:
    14. Women do not automatically get shotgun, as men and women are created equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Davexirl

jtsuited wrote: »
    Right dudes, gonna do this again in two weeks time. Anyone interested? Same setup as before. If we have more than 5 people I'll do a second one.

Also, 3 hour tutorials covering just about everything are starting now, at 60 euro for each session. Pm me if you're interested.

I'd be interested in coming over to have a look, have you set a date?

Advertisement