Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRB TOSHIBA Junior World Championship 2009 - Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Some incredible pace in Kearney there to get back and make that try saving... error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

What on earth was the fullback playing at there? And would it have been a penalty try if Kearney had hoofed the ball out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Dumbledore wrote: »
    What on earth was the fullback playing at there? And would it have been a penalty try if Kearney had hoofed the ball out?

No he can kick it out.

I swore that Tutivake was alot older then 19 or 20 or is it a different guy? Ref seems useless for both sides though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 recessionproof

double movement no way a try, linesman got it wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Damn. That was unfortunate, there was some excellent defence before that cross field kick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

If Kearney had kicked it, it wouldn't of been but i he threw it or used his hand to get it out then it possibly would have been.

NZ have scored a try now 10-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Amabokke

Good try. Ire mistake giving ABs the confidence to get back in game.

Stev_o wrote: »
    No he can kick it out.

I swore that Tutivake was alot older then 19 or 20 or is it a different guy? Ref seems useless for both sides though.

No that is definitely a different Tuitavake. And I think Kearney should have put that ball into the fifth tier, he was completely isolated with 5 New Zealanders. Some heroic defence(Eoin Ryan!) but the try was coming. Will be hard to come back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

That's game over now, Ireland down to 14 men and NZ starting to play with confidence.

No that is definitely a different Tuitavake. And I think Kearney should have put that ball into the fifth tier, he was completely isolated with 5 New Zealanders. Some heroic defence(Eoin Ryan!) but the try was coming. Will be hard to come back now.

Mkay. Yeah bad mistake by Kearney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Oh no, starting to fall apart for them, but jesus. This Irish team has a huge amount of potential! These AB were\are firm favourites for the JWC
    17 - 0 Ruggie

Gates are opening sadly. Poor tackle by 22 but they were drifting anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ALH-06

Stev_o wrote: »
    Gates are opening sadly. Poor tackle by 22 but they were drifting anyway

Very poor tackle. That try was way too easy in the end. Not looking good now

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

Is it only the top team qualifies for the semi-finals? and then the rest play for places or is there quarter-finals

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NU8

ekevosu wrote: »
    Is it only the top team qualifies for the semi-finals? and then the rest play for places or is there quarter-finals

Yes the top team goes to the semis and the rest go to play-offs for 5th, 7th place etc.

It's all here.

my my, Burkes passing reminds me alot of stringers, quick, wristy and accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

17-0 down with only 5 minutes to go, its not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

That ain't bad against the ABs. At all. It's in fact pretty amazing.

This Nevin Spence lad is useless as far as I can see.

Final score 17 - 0

Great performance by the lads, irish rugby is certainly in good hands going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Great to see a charge on an Irish player not get penalised by the ref.

Even at an early stage New Zealand's youngsters live up to their traditions - arrogance, violence, cheating. Inspiring stuff.

Useless? Did you even watch the game? He was immaculate first half, a few errors towards the end and he is "useless"?

Good player but very, very foolish to try catch that ball with one hand. Why??? He didn't need to do that! He was away - that was Ireland's chance of scoring gone... And they deserved a score. Great effort, great defence.

Madigan is a great talent and massive prospect for the future but he really needs to work on his decision-making a lot. Some woeful decisions to kick the ball away / try offload when it clearly wasn't on...

Why was Starmer-Smith so pro-New Zealand by the way? He was far more biased than the kiwi sitting beside him! Very irritating.

that team can hold their heads up high, but for a bit of bad luck they could have made that scoreline closer.

I loved seeing the all blacks scrum being manhandled towards the end

well done lads

Great to see a charge on an Irish player not get penalised by the ref.

Even at an early stage New Zealand's youngsters live up to their traditions - arrogance, violence, cheating. Inspiring stuff.

One thing that always comes across when watching the NZ youth team is their arrogance. I find it absolutely infuriorating*

* Especially when they beat us, which is always.

ALH-06 wrote: »
    Why was Starmer-Smith so pro-New Zealand by the way? He was far more biased than the kiwi sitting beside him! Very irritating.

maybe he wants some company in his hotel room later :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

cheers guys.

so who looks most likely to break thru on the performances today...?

chupacabra wrote: »
    Useless? Did you even watch the game? He was immaculate first half, a few errors towards the end and he is "useless"?

I only saw the second half. And what I saw him do was

-Get a yellow card
    -Trip over his own two feet when the try line was at his mercy
    -Drop a simple pass
    -Get run over for the first AB try.

Looked useless to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

RuggieBear wrote: »
    cheers guys.

so who looks most likely to break thru on the performances today...?

Madigan, Kearney (made a mistake but overall had a good game) D.Ryan. Thats my stand out players

• Advertisement

I only saw the second half. And what I saw him do was

-Get a yellow card
    -Trip over his own two feet when the try line was at his mercy
    -Drop a simple pass
    -Get run over for the first AB try.

Looked useless to me anyway.

Come on he didn't trip over his own feet mate, he was tackled for chrissake.

And he didn't get run over for that try, he was in the sinbin. It was his replacement, Gahan. Very poor try saving effort alright.

Advertisement