Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to get Red Faction (PS3 or 360) today?

Options
  • 05-06-2009 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't realise it was out so soon, but having played the demos last night I was well impressed. Anyone know where the best place to buy it in a bricks and mortar shop is today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Maybe HMV?

They've been one of the cheapest for new releases lately

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its definitely worth shopping/calling around. Bionic Commando was €35 in gamestop (which was a surprise to me).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I'll be going down to buy it in blanch SC later so i'll check out xtravision/game/hmv and the newly opened gamestop (woo hoo! ;)) and let ye know. Think it was marked as €54.99 in gamestop last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I loved the other red faction games but this one doesn't tempt me. I might download the demo off psn and try it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Simeadrach

Had a bit of a nose around and its €44.99 in Game and Hmv in Blanch and €54.99??? in the new Gamestop, they'll probably drop tho considerin Game n' Hmv are cheaper.

** oh yeah you get a pretty cool Walker Figure in Game for free with the game, Its poseable!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Regarding new release prices, shops usually change their prices after a few hours, but always downward.

In shopping centres like Blanchardstown they all keep an eye on one another so if HMV are €54.99 right now, they will probably drop soon enough to compete.

That said I have been finding Xtra-Vision pretty competitive recently. New releases usually go around €40-€45. Remember the days of €60-€70 for a new release? No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Simeadrach wrote: »
    ** oh yeah you get a pretty cool Walker Figure in Game for free with the game, Its poseable!! :)

Excellent, this the one?

red_faction_guerrilla_offer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

€45 in my local gamestop, and €45 in Xtravision.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Cheers guys, I'll stop into HMV on my way home so.

Advertisement