Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

shane9689 wrote: »
    New Track from Myself.....
    It hasnt been mixed, i wanted to get some feedback on it before i started looking at the details of it

https://soundcloud.com/shanemoloneys/track2-demo1

I like the sine wave bass although you could maybe add a bit of noise/distortion to it. Nice atmospheric hits, although the one that plays first at 36/37 secs isn't as polished as the others. It's a bit jarring and the delay sounds a bit off.
    Vocal is cool as is the synth at 0.59 (love that sound actually)
    The noise riser at 1.50 works well in the arrangement but it has a bit of a harsh metallic edge to it.
    I think a little bit of variety in the kick would add to the track, even a little fill every 4 bars or so.
    But yeah, the bones of a very nice track here.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 randonio14

Hey just working on a track and running out of ideas, any ideas/opinions? anything i need to fix? in need of opinions :)
    soundcloud.com/brandonrileyofficial/tba-opinions-needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

mordeith wrote: »
    I like the sine wave bass although you could maybe add a bit of noise/distortion to it. Nice atmospheric hits, although the one that plays first at 36/37 secs isn't as polished as the others. It's a bit jarring and the delay sounds a bit off.
    Vocal is cool as is the synth at 0.59 (love that sound actually)
    The noise riser at 1.50 works well in the arrangement but it has a bit of a harsh metallic edge to it.
    I think a little bit of variety in the kick would add to the track, even a little fill every 4 bars or so.
    But yeah, the bones of a very nice track here.

alot of what i was thinking aswell... ill polish all that up so

thanks Mordieth

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

randonio14 wrote: »
    Hey just working on a track and running out of ideas, any ideas/opinions? anything i need to fix? in need of opinions :)
    soundcloud.com/brandonrileyofficial/tba-opinions-needed

Link isn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Beakflakes

Looking for Irish electronic music talent to be played on the radio (remember that?). If your stuff's not commercial, euro-trance-ish or EDM-ey... then here's a group to post your tracks to:

https://soundcloud.com/groups/eire-electronica

Cheers!

• Advertisement

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Link isn't working.

oh sorry, here is a reupload: soundcloud.com/brandonrileyofficial/demo/s-DWOQa

oh sorry, here is a reupload: soundcloud.com/brandonrileyofficial/demo/s-DWOQa

Nice old skool sounds there. Track sounds nice and full. I'm not mad about the screechy sound that comes in at the latter part of the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lb1997

a stupid little experiment , I guess its worth to share :
    https://soundcloud.com/kersh-2/black-ssut

piano is from The Tuss - Death **** (<the f-word :D)

I made this because the piano is so sweet but so short in the original, I wanted to extend it a bit (for a ringtone actually ) but with at least a little bit of creativity

hey guys, so i was thinking of using this track for something

it aint mixed yet or finished but i feel stuck on it, is it fine the way it is? what should i tweak?

cheers for the feedback

https://soundcloud.com/shanemoloneys/space-track-demo1-not-yet-finished

lb1997 wrote: »
    a stupid little experiment , I guess its worth to share :
    https://soundcloud.com/kersh-2/black-ssut

piano is from The Tuss - Death **** (<the f-word :D)

I made this because the piano is so sweet but so short in the original, I wanted to extend it a bit (for a ringtone actually ) but with at least a little bit of creativity

i thought the name of the track was black slut for a second haha, sounds weird, i like experiments but only if they stay within conventional parameters, too much dissonance in it for me, but it would make a cool intro into a track or as an interlude, cant really point out any mixing problems since its so intentionally dissonant

• Advertisement

hey guys, so i was thinking of using this track for something

it aint mixed yet or finished but i feel stuck on it, is it fine the way it is? what should i tweak?

cheers for the feedback

https://soundcloud.com/shanemoloneys/space-track-demo1-not-yet-finished

Very Deadmau5 with the opening crossed with a low-fi Board of Canada vibe. It's a nice tempo and feels chilled out. Probaly could be with another element or two to add a bit of interest. Only thing I'm not mad about is the doube stab that comes in at 2.05

Very Deadmau5 with the opening crossed with a low-fi Board of Canada vibe. It's a nice tempo and feels chilled out. Probaly could be with another element or two to add a bit of interest. Only thing I'm not mad about is the doube stab that comes in at 2.05

thanks mordieth thats exactly the vibe im going for

youre right about it lacking elements, ive since added some sounds of the radio chatter from the apollo launch that fits perfectly with the changes in the song, i think ill use this track as an opening track to some sort of e.p im planning as it has a nice intro-y vibe to it (i think)

yeah ill fix up the double stab

heres another track that is probably my best so far...
    it hasnt been mixed yet, but i wanted to see if ye could point out problems in it before i tidied it up and mixed it down
    once this track is finished, ill have 3-4 tracks in the bag for an upcoming release id say

https://soundcloud.com/shanemoloneys/dark-star-demo-take-1-no-mixing-not-finished

btw, if i was to release an ep, its probably best to get it professionally mastered? or do you guys do that yourselves? any ideas?

also for performing it wouldnt i have to use the original mix? since ill be using ableton on stage or whatever

been posting on here for awhile and thanks to everyone whos helped me out over the past year and a half....i think ive finally reached a stage where i can release something of some sort of amateur level and perform it, so im excited to see how it goes

(also, less important, but id appreciate if ye listened to it... heres a retake on the last track i posted yesterday....i added some things to it to make it more interesting and to make it fit into an album idea i have

https://soundcloud.com/shanemoloneys/space-track2-radio-chatter-incl-demo2-no-mixdown )

Oldskool hardstyle rave track with reverse bass and shuffled melodies. A collab I've been working on for a good while. About to finish it off but looking for some opinions?

Btw thanks to anyone listening and giving feedback, makes my life much more easier :)

soundcloud.com/brandonrileyofficial/brandon-riley-bullok-jupiter-preview

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

heres another track that is probably my best so far...
    it hasnt been mixed yet, but i wanted to see if ye could point out problems in it before i tidied it up and mixed it down

https://soundcloud.com/shanemoloneys/dark-star-demo-take-1-no-mixing-not-finished

Some nice sounds here and the use of reverb and delay is excellent throughout. I'm not 100% convinced on the snare/clap. Nothing major but I think the snare sample just isn't great. The clap sounds fine to me.
    btw, if i was to release an ep, its probably best to get it professionally mastered? or do you guys do that yourselves? any ideas?

also for performing it wouldnt i have to use the original mix? since ill be using ableton on stage or whatever

Well I've never considered releasing anything so professional mastering isn't something I'd know much about. Worth heading over to the Music Production forum. There's a thread there on benefits or otherwise of mastering externally.

(also, less important, but id appreciate if ye listened to it... heres a retake on the last track i posted yesterday....i added some things to it to make it more interesting and to make it fit into an album idea i have

https://soundcloud.com/shanemoloneys/space-track2-radio-chatter-incl-demo2-no-mixdown )

Better feel to the arrangement in this version (still not mad about those stabs though :p)

Cheers Mordieth yeah, it hasnt been mixed yet so all those mixing details will be fleshed out now, just wanted to make sure i was onto a good idea with the track overall
    ill check out that page so,
    haha i like it :P but you might be right, ill see if i can change it abit or replace it, we'll see...
    Oldskool hardstyle rave track with reverse bass and shuffled melodies. A collab I've been working on for a good while. About to finish it off but looking for some opinions?

Btw thanks to anyone listening and giving feedback, makes my life much more easier :)

soundcloud.com/brandonrileyofficial/brandon-riley-bullok-jupiter-preview

flash back to the 2000's with this track haha, its decent, needs some better mixing thoughk some sounds come in abit louder than others, such as the reverbed white noise that comes in every so often...also your main synth isnt mixed well with the bass and kicks because when you remove the bass and kicks it becomes suddenly louder and clearer, probably compression problems?

ending is good though, and structure is grand, clean bass sound all the right sounds there just needs to be mixed abit better

hellboy99 wrote: »

cleanly mixed and good synth sounds but at about 5:20 the voice doesnt come through well...you need to work on mixing the stems into your own sounds so they all sound like one track
    try messing with reverb by adding the same reverb to both vocals and the rest of the track, maybe bring the voice down a tiny bit and maybe some saturator in the master or something....mixing isnt my strong point but im sure theres some videos on how to do it properly on youtube, its probably one of the more difficult things to do when using voice stems,
    also,
    Needs more low end bass coming through!!! well in my opinion anyways :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

cleanly mixed and good synth sounds but at about 5:20 the voice doesnt come through well...you need to work on mixing the stems into your own sounds so they all sound like one track
    try messing with reverb by adding the same reverb to both vocals and the rest of the track, maybe bring the voice down a tiny bit and maybe some saturator in the master or something....mixing isnt my strong point but im sure theres some videos on how to do it properly on youtube, its probably one of the more difficult things to do when using voice stems,
    also,
    Needs more low end bass coming through!!! well in my opinion anyways :P

Feedback is much appreciated and welcomed, thanks :)

Just getting to grips with Reaper and have to mess round with it a lot more. I ripped out the vocals from Disturbia as best I could, any more messing with it and you wouldn't be able to use it.
    Hear what you mean about the bass too, problem I'm having at the minute is it sounds one way through my headphones and totally different through my speakers and I can't exactly be cranking it up at 2 and 3 in the morning or the wife will be getting rid of me or my decks lol.

For me it's a hobby and a learning curve as I go, I'm not going to be Tiesto or anything that's for sure lol. But if I can do a few remixes I like and if anyone else likes them "added bonus". Some day down the line I may go into my own original music, just see how I get to grips with this first :)

• Advertisement

Nice reverb on the woodblock.
    To me there's a bit too much movement in the bassline. Nice melody but the LFO (if that's what you're using) is a but intense for me.
    Nice break at 2.08. Like that high pitched synth.
    The kick is a tad lost in the mix I feel. Kinda hard to differentiate it from the other elements. I htink this could be a really excellent chill/ambient number with a couple of changes.

Hear what you mean about the bass too, problem I'm having at the minute is it sounds one way through my headphones and totally different through my speakers and I can't exactly be cranking it up at 2 and 3 in the morning or the wife will be getting rid of me or my decks lol.
    Almost impossible to get the mix right on headphones. I'm in the same position myself but I tend to bounce the track out when I have the arrangment down and then play it through my sound system and small bluetooth speaker to see what needs to be tweaked interms of levels and EQ'ing. A good specturm analyzer is vital in allowing to get a good gauge. Voxengo Span is free
    Some day down the line I may go into my own original music, just see how I get to grips with this first :)
    I reckon you'd be better getting your hands dirty with some original productions straight away.Nnot sure you'll learn much by placing a vocal over an existing track. There is huge pleasure in discovering new techniques and skills from how to chain effects to sculpting an individual kick, hi-hat or whatever with EQ, reverb, delay (the list goes on an on).
    Let your creative side free :)

flash back to the 2000's with this track haha, its decent, needs some better mixing thoughk some sounds come in abit louder than others, such as the reverbed white noise that comes in every so often...also your main synth isnt mixed well with the bass and kicks because when you remove the bass and kicks it becomes suddenly louder and clearer, probably compression problems?

ending is good though, and structure is grand, clean bass sound all the right sounds there just needs to be mixed abit better[/QUOTE]

Thanks and i'll work on that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Jaysus its bee a while since Ive done anything music related :)

Opened up logic last week for the first time in over a year and decided to remix/edit a Three Degrees track. Was a heartbreaking affair if truth be told as my laptop is finding it hard to keep up bu I got there in the end I think.

It wont be 99% of peoples cup of tea but here it is warts and all.
    I used to play the Mirrorball version back in the day

https://soundcloud.com/seannash/sean-nash-givin-up-2014

seannash wrote: »

Opened up logic last week for the first time in over a year and decided to remix/edit a Three Degrees track. Was a heartbreaking affair if truth be told as my laptop is finding it hard to keep up bu I got there in the end I think.

Nice track Sean, had to listen to the original first to see what the difference was. It's been beefed up plenty, love the synth that comes in around the half way mark and nice drums. The only bad thing I'd say is that it's too fast.

Nice reverb on the woodblock.
    To me there's a bit too much movement in the bassline. Nice melody but the LFO (if that's what you're using) is a but intense for me.
    Nice break at 2.08. Like that high pitched synth.
    The kick is a tad lost in the mix I feel. Kinda hard to differentiate it from the other elements. I htink this could be a really excellent chill/ambient number with a couple of changes.

I've made a few changes to it. https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/intergalactic-picnic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Labarbapostiza

seannash wrote: »

That turned out quite well. The baseline is authentic disco groovy. Though the snare rolls are calling out for crash hits, and if the kick and bass were just a smidgen lower than the sample. The sample sounds muddy, where'd you get it? - off Youtube?

Do some more.....I love DISCO chopped up for the 21st century.

Nice track Sean, had to listen to the original first to see what the difference was. It's been beefed up plenty, love the synth that comes in around the half way mark and nice drums. The only bad thing I'd say is that it's too fast.

Yeah I was thinking its a bit pacey alright. I might just reduce it down a bit.
    Cheers for the listen man

That turned out quite well. The baseline is authentic disco groovy. Though the snare rolls are calling out for crash hits, and if the kick and bass were just a smidgen lower than the sample. The sample sounds muddy, where'd you get it? - off Youtube?

Do some more.....I love DISCO chopped up for the 21st century.

Thanks for the listen man. No I had a download from a dubious source :)
    not sure what bitrate it is but definitely agree its of lower quality.

I'm not sure if this is classed as disco but heres another one I did.
    https://soundcloud.com/seannash/mighty

I'll look at the kick and bass and see about lowering them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lb1997

Diggin the track but the artwork especially, did you make that yourself?

also I love the sorta breakdown at 2:10

Advertisement