Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Labarbapostiza

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Something new from my SleepSound project.
    [URL="https://"][/URL]

Nicer kick work.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Nicer kick work.

Here's the final version(I think). Going to be showing this and a couple of other demos to a label on Saturday.
    https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/failed-conversations/s-8WEIz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Here's the final version(I think). Going to be showing this and a couple of other demos to a label on Saturday.
    https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/failed-conversations

Very nice. Best of luck on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

so I've put out an EP on Bandcamp now.

some of you will have heard some of these tunes before as i've posted them here.

http://ravenh0lm.bandcamp.com/album/equinox-ep

Its a free download if anyone wants to have the tracks.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nskelton

made this, fairly happy with it. Bit of clipping on the pad which I can sort out.

soundcloud com / noah-skelton/ghost-cuts

remove spaces, I can't post links yet. Thanks

• Advertisement

nskelton wrote: »
    made this, fairly happy with it. Bit of clipping on the pad which I can sort out.

soundcloud com / noah-skelton/ghost-cuts

remove spaces, I can't post links yet. Thanks

Overall atmosphere is quiet nice. The kick is a bit low in the mix I feel. The 4/4 hat that comes in has a lot going on in the tail. Might be worth tightening it up a bit. I like the vocal sample and the general percussion programming is cool. Maybe a bit more variety or else shorten it a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nskelton

mordeith wrote: »
    Overall atmosphere is quiet nice. The kick is a bit low in the mix I feel. The 4/4 hat that comes in has a lot going on in the tail. Might be worth tightening it up a bit. I like the vocal sample and the general percussion programming is cool. Maybe a bit more variety or else shorten it a bit.

Good advice thanks, reuploaded it with a few changes, also used landr to master it, kick is higher in the mix now. If you go back to the soundcloud it's up there at the top. thanks

nskelton wrote: »
    Good advice thanks, reuploaded it with a few changes, also used landr to master it, kick is higher in the mix now. If you go back to the soundcloud it's up there at the top. thanks

Yeah, sounding better now alright

Something new from myself, a bit of an experimental one.
    https://soundcloud.com/sleepsound2/boards-of-canada-olsonsleepsound-rework

• Registered Users Posts: 35 randonio14

Went very melodic with this one.. would love opinions :)

soundcloud.com/brandonrileyofficial/path-to-paradise/s-tU02Z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paulthom8

Latest track.
    Thanks lads.

https://soundcloud.com/paulthom8/ok-to-go

Something new from myself, a bit of an experimental one.
    https://soundcloud.com/sleepsound2/boards-of-canada-olsonsleepsound-rework

You've kept the overall lo-fi vibe to the track even if you have much lusher sounds there. The drums sound a bit disconnected though. Not sure if that's just a mixing or mastering thing.
    Nice piece though.

paulthom8 wrote: »

Lovely production again, mixed very well. If i was critical i would say to be a bit more ruthless and to keep the track under 5 mins if you aren't bringing a different element such as a new melody in for the latter part of the track. Nice work though :cool:

You've kept the overall lo-fi vibe to the track even if you have much lusher sounds there. The drums sound a bit disconnected though. Not sure if that's just a mixing or mastering thing.
    Nice piece though.

love the original and really like your version.

I agree with Mordeith, maybe have the drums sitting lower in the mix so its more of a chill vibe. But thats just my opinion.

nice work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Here's a remix I did of Riot Tapes' current single "Cardinal Rules":

https://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/cardinal-rules-geisha-remix

I more or less deconstructed it completely and used the vocal sample to create a new song. The majority of the instrumentation is from the actual source material, but I added the weird effects, drums, bass root notes, and a bit of extra guitar and percussion.

I'm quite proud of it; I think its pretty good. I'm going to get a copy over to Dan Hegarty and hopefully he'll give it a spin on his show - he's been playing my Geisha stuff a good bit. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

A track I put together fairly fast. Thinking of using it as a demo submission. Would love to know what you guys think!

Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/markcremin/i-was-free-wip

WasterEx wrote: »
    A track I put together fairly fast. Thinking of using it as a demo submission. Would love to know what you guys think!

Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/markcremin/i-was-free-wip

Nice clean production. I like the little pitch bend in the melody (a bit reminiscent of ATB).
    It could be just me but the vocal seems a bit off (time wise) in the second half of each line. Nothing major but noticeable at the same time.

Nice clean production. I like the little pitch bend in the melody (a bit reminiscent of ATB).
    It could be just me but the vocal seems a bit off (time wise) in the second half of each line. Nothing major but noticeable at the same time.

Thanks for the feedback mordeith! Yeah I was hoping no one would notice the off time vocal haha.

Will work on it. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Thanks for the feedback mordeith! Yeah I was hoping no one would notice the off time vocal haha.

Will work on it. Thanks again!

Very nice and crystal clear. Nice and loud but still very sharp. Well done. We gotta exchange notes haha. Where did you get the vocal? Also the organ sound. What synth did you get it from? Im finding it hard to get a clean clear one.

Here is another remix comp tune I made.

http://soundcloud.com/hambolicious/chris-jane-the-only-one-dave-hamblyn-mix

Again I'm happy with the uplifting melody I came up with. However technical production skills like mastering and EQing practically non existent. I have a hifi as monitors , a battered old 1gb ram laptop. Although since this Ive been reading into spectrum analysis a bit more so my next tune should be sharper. The tune is also a bit on the longish side. Could cut at least 1.5 to 2 mins off it.

Thanks in advance.

da_hambo wrote: »
    Very nice and crystal clear. Nice and loud but still very sharp. Well done. We gotta exchange notes haha. Where did you get the vocal? Also the organ sound. What synth did you get it from? Im finding it hard to get a clean clear one.

I'm glad you think it's clear sounding, I've literally spent the last year making tunes just to practice EQ'ing. I also EQ my tracks with a "room" reverb on the master channel every now and then, it's a weird one I'd say but I personally find it helps when EQ'ing high frequencies.

I got the vocal from "Vengeance Studio Vocals 1". I just cut the part of the chorus I liked and added a couple of layers with reverb and delay. All of my synth sounds came from Nexus plugins, the organ is from an extension called "XP Bass" > "BA Organ 2".
    Here is another remix comp tune I made.

Again I'm happy with the uplifting melody I came up with. However technical production skills like mastering and EQing practically non existent. I have a hifi as monitors , a battered old 1gb ram laptop. Although since this Ive been reading into spectrum analysis a bit more so my next tune should be sharper. The tune is also a bit on the longish side. Could cut at least 1.5 to 2 mins off it.

Thanks in advance.

Your remix is pretty good, nice melody, like you said yourself obviously it would need some mix down work. I'd personally find the kick is a tad bit drowned out. As for the vocal, it's awesome! To make the track sound more adventurous I'd recommend not having the vocal play throughout the track as much as it does, break it down a little and add new elements to the track, especially if it's a long one.

Had it on loop for a while there now! Keep it up.

• Advertisement

I'm glad you think it's clear sounding, I've literally spent the last year making tunes just to practice EQ'ing. I also EQ my tracks with a "room" reverb on the master channel every now and then, it's a weird one I'd say but I personally find it helps when EQ'ing high frequencies.

I got the vocal from "Vengeance Studio Vocals 1". I just cut the part of the chorus I liked and added a couple of layers with reverb and delay. All of my synth sounds came from Nexus plugins, the organ is from an extension called "XP Bass" > "BA Organ 2".

Your remix is pretty good, nice melody, like you said yourself obviously it would need some mix down work. I'd personally find the kick is a tad bit drowned out. As for the vocal, it's awesome! To make the track sound more adventurous I'd recommend not having the vocal play throughout the track as much as it does, break it down a little and add new elements to the track, especially if it's a long one.

Had it on loop for a while there now! Keep it up.

I know the saying a bad worksman blames his tools but I really have to upgrade. My laptop is straining if you have a melody chords pads and bass playing together and hits blue screen a lot. Because of this I find myself rushing to record midi riffs as audio just to play the arrangement. Trying to get my head around EQing at minute. Have the Span VST. Have just about figured out how to wire it up to have bass and kick on top of each other in visual form. Now have to figure where to cut and not to cut etc to make them gel.

I know the saying a bad worksman blames his tools but I really have to upgrade. My laptop is straining if you have a melody chords pads and bass playing together and hits blue screen a lot. Because of this I find myself rushing to record midi riffs as audio just to play the arrangement. Trying to get my head around EQing at minute. Have the Span VST. Have just about figured out how to wire it up to have bass and kick on top of each other in visual form. Now have to figure where to cut and not to cut etc to make them gel.

Haven't listened to your remix yet but regarding EQ you can generally roll off more of the lower frequencies on kicks and bass than you might think and still have them sound good. You can always add subtle reverb or delay to basslines that help them fill out again while still preventing muddiness. I usually roll of everything below 40Hz to begin with and start sliding upwards from there until I get a good mix of decent low end and clarity. Not that I have any real idea what I'm talking about ;-)

Edit:
    Just had a listen to the track there. Nice happy atmosphere. Like as said above the kick is bit low when all other elements are playing. The snare could do with a bit more punch as well. It's an interesting sound though with the oldskool sounding main synth and the more Deadmau5 style plucks. Some nice fx and filtering on the vocals.

Haven't listened to your remix yet but regarding EQ you can generally roll off more of the lower frequencies on kicks and bass than you might think and still have them sound good. You can always add subtle reverb or delay to basslines that help them fill out again while still preventing muddiness. I usually roll of everything below 40Hz to begin with and start sliding upwards from there until I get a good mix of decent low end and clarity. Not that I have any real idea what I'm talking about ;-)

Edit:
    Just had a listen to the track there. Nice happy atmosphere. Like as said above the kick is bit low when all other elements are playing. The snare could do with a bit more punch as well. It's an interesting sound though with the oldskool sounding main synth and the more Deadmau5 style plucks. Some nice fx and filtering on the vocals.

Cheers mate. Would like to say I did the Fx on the vocal but it came like that haha :) Should I have sidechain compressed all other elements to the kick to get it through more?

Cheers mate. Would like to say I did the Fx on the vocal but it came like that haha :) Should I have sidechain compressed all other elements to the kick to get it through more?

Personally I only sidechain if there is a definitive overlap of bass notes on the kick (or I'm ducking a pad). I reckon its better to work on standard compression. on the kick, eq and mixing.

Personally I only sidechain if there is a definitive overlap of bass notes on the kick (or I'm ducking a pad). I reckon its better to work on standard compression. on the kick, eq and mixing.

You on soundcloud mordeith? Must follow you. Also signed up to sonicacademy today again. Learned alot today in one lesson. Layering mid stabs bass and top melody = awesome full sounding noises!

You on soundcloud mordeith? Must follow you. Also signed up to sonicacademy today again. Learned alot today in one lesson. Layering mid stabs bass and top melody = awesome full sounding noises!

Yeah I'm on SC. You can find me at soundcloud.com/subbed
    There's a lot of older stuff on there that looking back would need more work.
    I like to think I'm improving as time goes on. Any advice/opinions I give out are just that ... opinions. I'm in not qualified in anyway to be dispensing production tips. Just offering my two cents :-)

Something newish that I've been playing about with recently.
    https://soundcloud.com/sleepsound2/sleepsound-fluent-travels/s-2oQHK

Something newish that I've been playing about with recently.
    https://soundcloud.com/sleepsound2/sleepsound-fluent-travels/s-2oQHK

Nice grrove with the percussion and kick (like the little skip). Very lo-fi feel to the kick, snare and main hi-hit. I thought I wouldn't like it but it plays well of the clean vocal. Again the bass line has that little distortion which I would probably lessen a bit personally. Nice melody that comes in af 3.36. Ties in well with the rest of the track. Yeah, nice job all round.

Nice grrove with the percussion and kick (like the little skip). Very lo-fi feel to the kick, snare and main hi-hit. I thought I wouldn't like it but it plays well of the clean vocal. Again the bass line has that little distortion which I would probably lessen a bit personally. Nice melody that comes in af 3.36. Ties in well with the rest of the track. Yeah, nice job all round.

Cheers man :) I've been listening to a lot Joy Orb and Ben Ufo mixes atm, I think that's where the lo fi influence is coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Homerbailon

Hey guys

Here is a new track made by me, It's a techno with a acid line bass, I'm not a professional, but I'd like to get some feedback to keep improving in this field

Check it in my soundcloud

soundcloud rubenh - untitled_2

thanks a million

Advertisement