Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Hi lads. I made a house track for a remix comp. Spent a bit more time this time on EQing, and mixing. Involved Logitech speakers, Sony headphones and lots of trial and error testing out the sound on different sound systems. Happy with the main groove. Not happy with the second synth, a bit too simplistic but all I could come up with at the time. Please have a listen. I used the vocal, hats and perc of the original track.

http://soundcloud.com/hambolicious/little-nicky-feat-laurent-battles-colourful-dave-hamblyn-short-mix

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paulthom8

mordeith wrote: »
    Very nice indeed. My favourite of yours so far. Love that kick and general feel to the track. Only things I would say is I was surprised the synth at the start of the track wasn't worked back in later on.
    Also the entrance of the main synth sequence at 2.20 is s bit jarring. Might be better with a more subtle integration.
    Lovely number in general.

Thanks Mordeith. Appreciate your ears and advice.
    Track stillneeds work and is by no means finished, and you are right, the prophet sequence drops in too suddenly. It was starting to wreck my head as i couldn't get the levels right, so i just rendered to mp3 and uploaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Here's "Project Machine" from my new EP. Let me know what you think!

That's got a very 'No Disco' feel to it. Great video and the track itself is deep. A bit too leftfield for my own taste but good production. I could easily imagine Bjork singing over it.

da_hambo wrote: »
    Hi lads. I made a house track for a remix comp. Spent a bit more time this time on EQing, and mixing. Involved Logitech speakers, Sony headphones and lots of trial and error testing out the sound on different sound systems. Happy with the main groove. Not happy with the second synth, a bit too simplistic but all I could come up with at the time. Please have a listen. I used the vocal, hats and perc of the original track.

http://soundcloud.com/hambolicious/little-nicky-feat-laurent-battles-colourful-dave-hamblyn-short-mix

Nice balance to the track. Mix and eq seem good. Might be a bit light in the lower end but no biggie. I'd agree with the second synth. Not the melody necessarily but the sound itself, just a bit weak. Maybe a bit more reverb or a subtle delay would be of benefit.

Nice balance to the track. Mix and eq seem good. Might be a bit light in the lower end but no biggie. I'd agree with the second synth. Not the melody necessarily but the sound itself, just a bit weak. Maybe a bit more reverb or a subtle delay would be of benefit.

Thanks for listening Mordeith. Im starting to see the value now of clean as possible mixes. Much more satisfying. In other news, this track had a basic beat intro which I had to leave out because three times Soundcloud said it contained part of a track called "Never Easy" by Jay Sustain. Went through this track. Sounds nothing like my track. No vocals different key. Not even a four four beat. Weird bots on Soundcloud.

Anyone else get accused of copyright infringement even though SC couldn't be more wrong? What annoys me even more is three times my dispute was not upheld and I had to change the arrangement to upload!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

That's got a very 'No Disco' feel to it. Great video and the track itself is deep. A bit too leftfield for my own taste but good production. I could easily imagine Bjork singing over it.

Not sure what you mean by "no disco" (the TV show?) but thanks for the feedback! The Bjork comment is a big compliment! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Anyone else get accused of copyright infringement even though SC couldn't be more wrong? What annoys me even more is three times my dispute was not upheld and I had to change the arrangement to upload!

Not on Soundcloud - but youtube picked up 3 sections of my track (single synth sustained note and a hat loop!) that I had to file a dispute on
    I'd have liked to have heard the main melody worked through a bit more in the latter part of the track and the clap is a bit wishy washy for my taste but in general a lovely, rolling number.

Appreciate the kind words

I was going to change out the existing claps for something a lil less "old school" - just haven't quite what I want yet ;) Will certainly work in a but more riff integration after the break.

Not sure what you mean by "no disco" (the TV show?) but thanks for the feedback! The Bjork comment is a big compliment! :)

Yeah, the Donal Dineen show. Used to be great stuff on that. First time I heard Orbital's 'The Box'. One of the best tunes ever imo

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Something new I've been playing around with. House and Disco vibes
    https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/ocean-drive

keithkk16 wrote: »

I like it mate. Quite hypnotic and catchy. Is the vocal sampled or from a royalty free disc? I like the way it's chopped up keeps the interest up. Could imagine it on MTV Party Zone in the 90's with a tripped out psychadelic disco-y video!

• Advertisement

I wasn't really feeling the initial part of this track. The synth stabs a bit too metallic sounding and the first vocal sample's timing sounds a bit off.
    However things pick up nicely at 2.05. The bassline and kick work well to drive the track on, coupled with the high melody for added interest. The shorter 2nd and 3rd vocal samples are better implemented throughout. Nice delays on some of the perc hits and production overall is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 randonio14

First time making trance, anything i can improve on?

soundcloud.com/brandonrileyofficial/trance/s-Afn04

da_hambo wrote: »
    I like it mate. Quite hypnotic and catchy. Is the vocal sampled or from a royalty free disc? I like the way it's chopped up keeps the interest up. Could imagine it on MTV Party Zone in the 90's with a tripped out psychadelic disco-y video!

Vocal's are just sampled from some old gospel song I found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

randonio14 wrote: »

Not too bad. Trance for me though should have a fairly epic breakdown which I didn't get here, or rather it was at the beginning of the track instead of the middle (unless this is just a preview?)
    Good strong kick and decent melody. EQ might need a bit of work though. After the drop I'm only really hearing the main synth and the kick. The bassline, pads and percussion are a bit muddy.

Nice tight sound and good all round production. The pluck synth at 0.38 sounds a bit odd to my ears, not sure if it fully fits. Lovely dub style bassline (as in oldskool dub, not dubstep!)
    Interesting vocal. Adds a cool atmosphere. So yeah, I pretty much like everything bar for that main synth, just not fully there for me in terms of the pure sound of it.

Just on a general note. There's a core of about 15 or so of us on this thread but I've noticed that it tends to very one-sided in terms of submissions. I think more effort should be made to post feedback on other people's tracks. You don't have to like the style but some observations on mixing, eq'ing or arrangement can be beneficial to the producer even if you can't comment on the style.
    The thread will be a more lively place then and people might actually feel it's worth posting here.
    Apologies for sounding like an old crank but I 'd hate to see this develop into something akin to Facebook whereby everyone is posting these links to something 'really interesting' but nobody is reading it.

Track sounds quite professional. Maybe the synth is a little too loud in the mix. Im not that familiar with the genre but I do appreciate a tidy production and it is good.

randonio14 wrote: »

Nice Signum style tune. The style is right up my alley (I'm stuck in the late 90's). The drop just needs to be clearer. Careful mixdown EQing and a even a master preset and it would be loud and pumping. Only getting into the latter myself recently and it is infinitely satisfying to have a crisp drop.

Twiddling a fair bit today........

https://soundcloud.com/paulthom8/lunar-phase

• Advertisement

paulthom8 wrote: »

https://soundcloud.com/paulthom8/lunar-phase

Another lovely number. Very apt title as well.
    Lovely lower end growl going on. One thing I didn't like though was the woodblock, it actually distracted me from the rest and brought me out of a nice cosmic reverie :-)

paulthom8 wrote: »

I like the synths and the chords, I personally prefer a house beat with this kind of thing but it's still pretty cool. More variety in the chords would be good, either a part that changes or a breakdown section or something.

Listening to your other stuff, I can hear stuff like Fluke and Spooky coming through, nice work. More of it is definitely 80s influenced, which I wouldn't be a huge fan of, just that sound and era, but that's just me! :)

Retrigger is cool! Could imagine Ian Brown singing over it.

For sure Mordeith, I know I need to ditch the clave/woodblock now and again. I've become addicted to using it in the background :-) and you are quite right Eviltimeban, I deffo need to improve and build a little more variation in chord changes throughout the tunes.
    I tend to get lost in the process of adding those switches. I am an 80's kid and am heavily influenced by those retrofitting sounds. Apologies for the over use :-)

Thanks lads.
    Appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

nice job Paul.

The track reminds me of ambient techno from the early 90s, very much like the stuff on the Artificial Intelligence Compilations on Warp records back in the day.

This is another track from the Geisha EP:

https://soundcloud.com/geisha-1/pablo

Sort of a trip-hop feel at the start, and then it goes into a nice ambient piano section.

Sort of a trip-hop feel at the start, and then it goes into a nice ambient piano section.

Very nice track, lovely sounds throughout. You could of made 2 tracks out of that imo, when it gets to the piano part it feels like a new track is coming in rather than a continuation of the track. Did you master the ep yourself?

Anyone on here doing the application this year? Plenty of great producers on here that have lots of potential. There's always 2 or 3 Irish people that get picked for it every year. Think I might actually do it this year, long shot like but, if you're not in you can't win.

Link http://apply.redbullmusicacademy.com/

Very nice track, lovely sounds throughout. You could of made 2 tracks out of that imo, when it gets to the piano part it feels like a new track is coming in rather than a continuation of the track. Did you master the ep yourself?

Thanks, no it was mastered by Pete Maher (UK).

Yes many of my tracks establish a theme before heading off in a different direction. Sometimes its just dropping out the beats and having a nice ambient section, or I'll do a new part and gradually introduce the original theme back in. In this the piano plays the guitar line but the other pianos that come in around it actually changes the key.

Love the analogue bassline and the overall production is very sharp.
    Like Keith, I'm a bit thrown by the piano section but you don't have to please everybody :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

Hi all, so heres an LP i made over the summer but never released or mastered
    enjoy and feedback is welcome

Advertisement