Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SameHorse

mordeith wrote: »
    Nicely atmospheric. More of a soundscape than a typical track I suppose.

cheers moredeith, yes it's definitely a soundscape : )
    but even in terms of soundscaping I made it quite minimal... so hopefully it doesn't bore anyone to sleep ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Something new from myself. https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/all-easydemo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

keithkk16 wrote: »

Absolutely love this. Great vocal samples and the percussion is sweet. I like the analogue sounding cymbals and the staccato bassline (which I first found a tad odd) actually works really well. Nice arrangement and I've listened to it three times in a row while doing some typesetting and it's a real groover. My only negative is the clap, it's just a a bit weak and washy sounding.

Absolutely love this. Great vocal samples and the percussion is sweet. I like the analogue sounding cymbals and the staccato bassline (which I first found a tad odd) actually works really well. Nice arrangement and I've listened to it three times in a row while doing some typesetting and it's a real groover. My only negative is the clap, it's just a a bit weak and washy sounding.

Thanks for the kind words man :). I see what you mean with the clap, I made a small mistake with it before bouncing out. The high end of the clap was taken out a good bit and that's why it sounds weak, or do you mean the snare itself just doesn't suit the track?

Thanks for the kind words man :). I see what you mean with the clap, I made a small mistake with it before bouncing out. The high end of the clap was taken out a good bit and that's why it sounds weak, or do you mean the snare itself just doesn't suit the track?

Ah right, that sounds like the issue alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paulthom8

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

paulthom8 wrote: »

very nice Paul. have you been listening to some Mike Paradinas recently? :P
    Im getting a very melodic mu-ziq feel off your track

Ravenholm wrote: »
    very nice Paul. have you been listening to some Mike Paradinas recently? :P
    Im getting a very melodic mu-ziq feel off your track

Cheers

I can only offer up inferior pieces as a little homage to the mans "Hi-Q" type tunes. Blamstrain, Kiasmos, Depeche Mode, Aphex Twin on heavy rotation for me lately.

My take on a old Karen Young track from 1979
    https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/karen-logan-hot-for-youscoobz-remix

paulthom8 wrote: »

Some lovely sounds in this. Really upbeat main melody that reminds me of something but I just can't think what!
    I wonder could the kick be a bit more pronounced and the bassline in the second half is a bit busy for me.

• Advertisement

My take on a old Karen Young track from 1979
    https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/karen-logan-hot-for-youscoobz-remix

I like the use of the vocal but the solo voice is almost too clean for the kick and perc. Sounds really good with the chorus section and that great bassline. I'm not gone on the element that comes in at 1.49 (it's a bit too high in the mix as well I feel) I much prefer the more subtle string sound later on.

new one from me.

Hasn't been mastered yet and still a bit of tinkering left to do on it but its nearly there.

Would be interested to hear some feedback before i finish it as I normally post finished tracks here. Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/ravenh0lm/emr/s-eGS9o

new one from me.

Hasn't been mastered yet and still a bit of tinkering left to do on it but its nearly there.

Would be interested to hear some feedback before i finish it as I normally post finished tracks here. Cheers

Nice spacey synths, they sound great together with the bass. Good production overall, the only thing I noticed was that the snare could of been brightened up a bit.
    What vst synths are you using atm? If you mind me asking.

Nice spacey synths, they sound great together with the bass. Good production overall, the only thing I noticed was that the snare could of be brighten up a bit.
    What vst synths are you using atm? If you mind me asking.

thanks for the feedback.

so Arturia Spark LE for all of the drums. Polysix from Korg Legacy Collection for the bassline. The other synths are a combination of Cakewalk Z3ta and U-He Diva I think.

Nice one, I'll look into a few of those. I was thinking of buying an arp 2600 vst recently for the spacey type synth sounds

Thanks for the feedback Mordeith as always.

Lovely airy track Ravenholm. Have given it a blast a few times now and it moves very smoothly.

Something new I started at the weekend. The summer weather influenced this
    https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/amnesia-hazedemo

new one from me.

Great sound on that bassline. Like Keith I think the snare is a bit dull perhaps.
    Nice arrangement and there's a real warmth to some sections which I really like. One thing maybe is that the repeated two-note synth sounds a little high in the mix for me

Something new I started at the weekend. The summer weather influenced this
    https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/amnesia-hazedemo

Very clean sounding, the toms are very sharp which is almost a contrast to the soft hat. Funky bassline and nice introduction of the pads. Not a fan of the high pitched woodblock (?) though. Keys are nicely brought in as well although they are overpowered by the bassline I think. The arepeggiation after the break keeps the interest going.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Hey guys, this track is something different that I've been working on, it sort of has a deep house/ techno vibe. It's what I've gotten done on the track so far. I'm having problems making a break down that will suit the track so if you have any ideas that might work it would be good to know. :pac:

https://soundcloud.com/markcremin/mark-cremin-smax/s-JnNSe

• Advertisement

WasterEx wrote: »
    Hey guys, this track is something different that I've been working on, it sort of has a deep house/ techno vibe. It's what I've gotten done on the track so far. I'm having problems making a break down that will suit the track so if you have any ideas that might work it would be good to know. :pac:

https://soundcloud.com/markcremin/mark-cremin-smax/s-JnNSe

nice groove to it, really like the kick and the bassline. Needs a subtle hypnotic synth lead to compliment the bassline, nothing too in your face but something that starts out with a simple pattern and gets more complex as the track keeps building maybe?

Very clean sounding, the toms are very sharp which is almost a contrast to the soft hat. Funky bassline and nice introduction of the pads. Not a fan of the high pitched woodblock (?) though. Keys are nicely brought in as well although they are overpowered by the bassline I think. The arepeggiation after the break keeps the interest going.

Thanks for the feedback. I spent a bit more time eqing the toms and the hats, think I've got a bit of better balance now, took a bit off the lower end of the the bass as well and it sits better with keys with an added bit of reverb. The woodblock is maybe to loud? Without it sounds good too but, I was trying to go for a bit of an African style with the drums. Still can't decide myself if I should replace them or just take them out completely. Might upload a better version over the weekend.

WasterEx wrote: »

I'm with Ravenholm on that you certainly need a synth melody here. I love the shuffle on the hats. Regarding the breakdown I think in a track where the baseline is so prominent if might be an idea to drop everything out except a simplified version of the bass, with maybe a shorter decay time. Then automate the decay to lengthen towards the drop, while bringing in one or two elements like a 4/4 hi hat or rising snare roll

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DJ SC

DJ SC wrote: »

Fantastic. Absolutely love that bass. I like the way some of the keys are 'pushed back' in the mix. Nice programming on the drums as well. My only criticism is the high pitched double tom hit. It sounds out of time a bit, or rather they are played too close together. Overall great stuff though.

Another new one. I've been productive lately :cool:

https://soundcloud.com/ravenh0lm/vega

Another new one. I've been productive lately :cool:

https://soundcloud.com/ravenh0lm/vega

Nice upbeat melodies and I love the swirly effect at the start of the breakdown. Good sunshine song :-)

Nice upbeat melodies and I love the swirly effect at the start of the breakdown. Good sunshine song :-)

cheers Mordeith

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CyanRain

DJ SC wrote: »

Commented on Soundcloud too (I'm Resident on there), but I really love this mix! I disagree with moredeith about the tom, I really love the way it sounds so out of place, makes the track almost tribal. To change that tom would be to change the whole essence of the track imo.

One tiny gripe i have is with the ride cymbal. It sounds slightly robotic to me in comparison with the other drums, but not sure how you'd go about fixing that. Maybe all it needs is a bit of reverb.

Really great track though, kind of obsessed with it!

• Advertisement

I disagree with moredeith about the tom, I really love the way it sounds so out of place, makes the track almost tribal. To change that tom would be to change the whole essence of the track imo.

That's what's great about music :-)

Advertisement