Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

mordeith wrote: »
    Good foundation for a decent track here. Not sure the pluck has enough presence to be the main line though. Mighty need some synth/pad to thicken it up a bit.
    Thanks for the feedback Mordeith, will get at it again later on today and see what I can come up with. Thanks again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

hellboy99 wrote: »

You don't hang around :p
    The delay on the underlying synth works well and the bassline fills out the track as a whole. I'm not a huge fan of the actual sound of the high pluck line. Melody is decent but it's just to reedy for me (that's just a personal preference of course). I actually think a female vocal could work well on this.

You don't hang around :p
    The delay on the underlying synth works well and the bassline fills out the track as a whole. I'm not a huge fan of the actual sound of the high pluck line. Melody is decent but it's just to reedy for me (that's just a personal preference of course). I actually think a female vocal could work well on this.
    I will do another version soon using a different sound. Totally agree with a female vocal, would be cool to hear one with it.

Thanks again for feedback Mordeith, it's very much appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭syntheticjunk

Just created some deep, jackin house track with some acappella:
    https://soundcloud.com/robinpearsonofficial/robin-pearson-after-party-in-la

• Advertisement

Just created some deep, jackin house track with some acappella:
    https://soundcloud.com/robinpearsonofficial/robin-pearson-after-party-in-la

Not a massive house fan (of that sub genre anyway) but nice production, sounds crisp and clean. Kick might be a tad too low in the mix for me but pretty sweet overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

https://soundcloud.com/garethbyrneaudio/sao-paulo-alternative-dub-mix

Was getting some writers block so I took a riff from one of my old songs that I made and gave myself a bit of creative freedom with it (wasn't nailing myself down to one genre) -- not sure how I feel about it at the moment.

Any ears?

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Was getting some writers block so I took a riff from one of my old songs that I made and gave myself a bit of creative freedom with it (wasn't nailing myself down to one genre) -- not sure how I feel about it at the moment.

Any ears?
    Hat is too high and I would drop the piano @ 1:17 where the synth comes in, that's just based on my own taste. Other than that I really like it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Just started using Ableton a few weeks ago because I was struggling to finish any songs with Reaper and Reason. So this is the first song I've finished in a couple of years.

https://soundcloud.com/joseph-kealy-858410363/deimos

jiltloop wrote: »
    Just started using Ableton a few weeks ago because I was struggling to finish any songs with Reaper and Reason. So this is the first song I've finished in a couple of years.

Savage stuff! - Ethereal!

• Advertisement

Savage stuff! - Ethereal!

Thanks! I like that word and usually use it to describe my favourite songs. :pac:

jiltloop wrote: »

Yeah, some nice sounds and construction of the percussive elements. Has hints of Amon Tobin or Orbital around the In Sides album. A hint of grit there which balances that low level airy string.

I wouldn't be a fan of the main element that comes in at 1.24. Something a bit too bright sounding for me in terms of the feeling of the track. Something a bit darker would fit better IMO.

Yeah, some nice sounds and construction of the percussive elements. Has hints of Amon Tobin or Orbital around the In Sides album. A hint of grit there which balances that low level airy string.

I wouldn't be a fan of the main element that comes in at 1.24. Something a bit too bright sounding for me in terms of the feeling of the track. Something a bit darker would fit better IMO.
    Thanks for the comments! Yeah I'm a little unsure about the element you're talking about as well. I did change it but ended up going back to the original sound which is the one above. I am actually going for a bright upbeat melody to counter the darker elements of the track. My favourite music has that balance i was looking for which is probably just a matter of personal taste but I feel I might revisit that element as per your advice.

Thanks again!

Nice sounds in this track. I like the beat especially. I do think the low end synth could have more presence and move the track more though.

I also like the synth melody that kicks in half through the track, personally I probably would have introduced another hook or interest sound later in the track given the length of the track but that's probably just my personal taste of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Just finished one myself few more on the way hopefully.

https://soundcloud.com/phil-golden/subject-to-change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

hi,

just finished this one ysterday.

https://soundcloud.com/ravenh0lm/infinite-possibilities

Ravenholm wrote: »

Nice feel good vibe going on very good. Kick and bass sounding huge.

Just finished one myself few more on the way hopefully.

https://soundcloud.com/phil-golden/subject-to-change

Savage on the kick although tail might do with a bit of shortening as it bleeds too much into next kick IMO. I like that discordant loop, whatever distortion is on it is very cool. I think a sharper hi-hat would help cut through a bit more as well and would add a bit to the groove. Funky number overall.

Nice feel good vibe going on very good. Kick and bass sounding huge.

Usual nice crisp production. Cool arpeggiated sequence and accompanying pads and synths. Snare is eq's a bit too much into the lower frequencies for me but nice JMJ vibe as a whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I'm back after a while. I've been trying to immensely improve on the quality of my music along with getting vocals for my songs (instead of my awful singing :p).

You may find this song too repetitive but other than being too repetitive, is there anything else I could improve on?

Also, sorry if this doesn't qualify as "Dance music" since this is a Dance music sub-forum. I'm not sure what type of music this is besides New Age.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I'm back after a while. I've been trying to immensely improve on the quality of my music along with getting vocals for my songs (instead of my awful singing :p).

You may find this song too repetitive but other than being too repetitive, is there anything else I could improve on?

Also, sorry if this doesn't qualify as "Dance music" since this is a Dance music sub-forum. I'm not sure what type of music this is besides New Age.

Had to turn my volume way down to the point of not hearing the music. The male vocal is pretty loud but the female is off the charts. They are both very "hot" and loud.

From the few seconds I spent listening I was ready to enjoy the track with the rhythm going on the male vocal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Had to turn my volume way down to the point of not hearing the music. The male vocal is pretty loud but the female is off the charts. They are both very "hot" and loud.

From the few seconds I spent listening I was ready to enjoy the track with the rhythm going on the male vocal!

Mmmm sounds fine on my speakers, I'll have a look at it. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Out of action for a while. Any mixing tips on this appreciated

https://soundcloud.com/luke-cameron-856133290/2nd-degree

Mr.Plough wrote: »

Gonna be sounding like and old man......

For me the Clap is a little bit harsh on the ears, The Shaker?/overhead is also standing out a tiny bit. Over all but nice percs and effects in the background, just them two levels definitely easy fixes :) good build-up to them pads, and break down top notch but again noticed the lack of the harsh sound clap. Lovely pads and Synth bass, was anticipating listen to them solely as a break down on their own. Outro lord, great job mate!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Gonna be sounding like and old man......

For me the Clap is a little bit harsh on the ears, The Shaker?/overhead is also standing out a tiny bit. Over all but nice percs and effects in the background, just them two levels definitely easy fixes :) good build-up to them pads, and break down top notch but again noticed the lack of the harsh sound clap. Lovely pads and Synth bass, was anticipating listen to them solely as a break down on their own. Outro lord, great job mate!!

Thanks, yeah agree on the clap and hats, will do some work on the percussion this week. Was thinking of running it through a tape emulator although havn't used one yet, any suggestions?

Nice housey groove when the bassline comes in. I think there's either too much (or not enough shuffle on the hat/perc line as it sounds a little stilted)
    Agree with Waffle re the clap. A double kick every 4 bars or so might add a bit to the groove as well. Some nice side-chained pads pulsing in and out there. Gives nice depth to the track. If it was me I might ad a low-eq cut to the kick here and there again just to vary things. Very pleasant to listen to overall though. The delay note that comes in at 6.40 is very cool.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Mmmm sounds fine on my speakers, I'll have a look at it. Thank you.

There must some issue with your speakers then. There is about a 10dB jump between the peak loudness of the guitar intro and the male vocal. The female vocal peaks at nearly another 10 dB above that.

Thanks, yeah agree on the clap and hats, will do some work on the percussion this week. Was thinking of running it through a tape emulator although havn't used one yet, any suggestions?

Don't use them much myself as they are too expensive. Try to cheat with anything with a saturation nob sometimes. I do have Fab filter Saturn plug but rarely use it to recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Been a few months in Berlin now and I can definitely say my taste in music has transformed a lot....wonder why :P Just been experimenting with different music and said I'd throw down my current wip for feedback. Thoughts on the lead that comes in about 1:15 or anything else would be sawweet.

Cheerzz

At the moment, the breaks and builds are really dry, that will certainly change but for the moment tis grand.

Advertisement