Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Have been using Ableton for the past few weeks and Have been trying a couple of plug-ins Ozone 7 and pro q2. Not finished with this track yet there's a couple of things I have to tweak a little more (convolution reverb Just noticing the level on the mp3) but its a better mix than the previous crap I got feedback on.

Not sure if that low end on the bass could do with some reduction can't decide. Have to tame the mids I thinks.

https://soundcloud.com/phil-golden/subject-to-change-master-1

Heavy :)
    The reverb on the hats sees to push them back a tad too much in the mix I think. Nice stricture to the track with good use of EQ cuts. A clap/snare might have added a bit of variety for a few bars every now and then maybe.
    Solid sounding overall though, that distorted perc (if that's what it is?!) that plays throughout is very cool and adds a good groove.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

mordeith wrote: »
    Heavy :)
    The reverb on the hats sees to push them back a tad too much in the mix I think. Nice stricture to the track with good use of EQ cuts. A clap/snare might have added a bit of variety for a few bars every now and then maybe.
    Solid sounding overall though, that distorted perc (if that's what it is?!) that plays throughout is very cool and adds a good groove.

Yeah I agree. Had a lot more reverb on the hats too they where even further back. When I widened them the effect of the reverb stood out more. Thought I took enough off them guess not that extra set of ears, thanks! Don't know why I don't use claps and snares more in songs I was only thinking that the other day funny. I will look into adding them there are parts I'm hearing the same thing so I'll dig something up.

There will be another mix I think after listening to the intro there again can hear that reverb on the woo sound, will have to fade it into the middle part (have the reverb length automated in the middle for subtle changes) there is also a glitch in there I can't find in the mix will have to cut and paste another part over it. There's another one at the end too don't where that came from.

How about that bass level is it okay? I am on two minds about it. Hard to judge on headphones and 54hz cut off 5" cones. Really need to get a sub woofer or 8" monitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Electronic music producers meetup in Dublin this Sunday if anyone's interested.

https://www.meetup.com/Dublin-electronic-music-producers-Meetup/events/238471780/

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    Electronic music producers meetup in Dublin this Sunday if anyone's interested.

https://www.meetup.com/Dublin-electronic-music-producers-Meetup/events/238471780/

Who's the people saying they are going to it just scrolled over them says they're members of different meet ups, do they even music?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Who's the people saying they are going to it just scrolled over them says they're members of different meet ups, do they even music?

I'd assume so, most people are members of loads of different meet ups. This one's fairly specific so be surprised if there were non producers there.

Say I'm about 60% at the minute, not sure about the venue tbh

• Advertisement

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    I'd assume so, most people are members of loads of different meet ups. This one's fairly specific so be surprised if there were non producers there.

Say I'm about 60% at the minute, not sure about the venue tbh

I wouldn't be going will be getting new monitors next week. Adam F5's and I've to get a new sound card (Mackie Big Knob Studio) and sub couldn't even afford the bus fare.

couldn't even afford the bus fare.

Not that it makes a difference at the moment!

Not that it makes a difference at the moment!

True :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭syntheticjunk

https://soundcloud.com/robinpearsonofficial/oxygen-ft-bryan-finlay-robin-pearson-remix

Just found another remix competition on Wavo - some trance-progressive style remix. Nothing special.

https://soundcloud.com/robinpearsonofficial/oxygen-ft-bryan-finlay-robin-pearson-remix

Just found another remix competition on Wavo - some trance-progressive style remix. Nothing special.

Listening to this on new monitors not used to them yet. All I can comment on is it is very well balanced level wise. The clap/snare could be a little beefier imo in the low mids maybe. That sort of dance music wouldn't be my cup of tea, I'd switch to next track tbh, but it's pretty good mate. Nice job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

hellboy99 wrote: »

Sounds nice and clean. Pluck a small bit high in the mix maybe but nothing major. I think there is something missing from the track as a whole though. An underlying pad or string would help fill it up as the pluck itself is very stacatto and kind of serves to isolate the sounds a bit much I think

keithkk16 wrote: »

Nice mix of styles here with the Indian vibe and Bjorks unique voice. Sounds well mixed although maybe could do with a bit more of the highs brought out a bit in the percussion elements. Good transition to the more 4/4 beat as well. Cool remix overall.

sryanbruen wrote: »

Easily the best I've heard from you. Track is well arranged and has a natural flow to it. Could do with work on the levels and eq but decent overall. Might be worth shortening it a bit or else adding a bit more variety to the second part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭dasdog

I was thinking about this thread and haven't posted in a long time but good to see this thread is still semi active. Something from last year I had a listen to this evening.

https://soundcloud.com/dasdog/lichen-report

dasdog wrote: »
    I was thinking about this thread and haven't posted in a long time but good to see this thread is still semi active. Something from last year I had a listen to this evening.

https://soundcloud.com/dasdog/lichen-report

It's crying out kick drum...

I'm not sure of the pad that comes in instead of the kick drum works here. A lot of other elements work well but probably won't with a 4/4 kick. The delay on the synth at the start is off beat but nice, if you do end up adding a kick to this it would give the synth/kick a great rhythm to follow making an excellent techno track. Maybe an off beat kick might do it justice.

After another listen I I'm loving all the effects and that dirty bass that comes in towards the end is superb but without a kick its lacking still, its good it could be great! Still not feeling the pad that comes in at 39 sec mark but the rest then is eased in which is interesting makes me enjoy the different soundscapes going on. I think if there was some nice eq fades on the pad to introduce itself and the other elements it might work out better. Its just you don't expect that pad to be there so eq'ing it might make it more subtle.

In saying all that making it longer and adding a kick would make a very nice breakdown with what you have already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭dasdog

In saying all that making it longer and adding a kick would make a very nice breakdown with what you have already.

Never made it out of scratch mode and I kind of like mistakes left in. More leaning to mental jazz than something with rhythm really. Not something to be enjoyed but to cause a bit of confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

• Advertisement

byrneg28 wrote: »

Nice jungle/breakbeat drums there. Might be a bit heavy on the lower frequencies. I might want to sharpen up the snare and hats.
    Nice ethereal breakdown. Cool track overall

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TaranEC

Great idea. I have been searching far and wide for something like this.

Once in not a "new user" anymore I will contribute to this thread :-)

TaranEC wrote: »
    Great idea. I have been searching far and wide for something like this.

Once in not a "new user" anymore I will contribute to this thread :-)

Looks like you're a Registered User now. How many posts do you need?

Looks like you're a Registered User now. How many posts do you need?

It's 50 I think

It's 50 I think

50? Wow very high.

50? Wow very high.

Think it was brought in to stop spamming

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Right, I'm more of a jammer than a producer. Not really looking for feedback as its all going into a mixing desk so theres hardly any eq let alone mastering! :pac:

Here's an acidy Dub Techno Jam I recorded today:

And here's an old melodic techno jam that was going through an effects pedal, had no mixing desk at the time:

Doge wrote: »
    Right, I'm more of a jammer than a producer. Not really looking for feedback as its all going into a mixing desk so theres hardly any eq let alone mastering! :pac:

Here's an acidy Dub Techno Jam I recorded today:

And here's an old melodic techno jam that was going through an effects pedal, had no mixing desk at the time:

More please! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

More please! :cool:

You asked for it! :p

Some 80's Italo:

Some chiptune with a Commodore 64 based synthesizer:

And finally some more dub techno:

Advertisement