Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

well here's my first track!

Delighted with it to be honest! needs a bit more mastering i think, only using headphones at the mo, waiting for my audio interface to arrive and my monitors so can't get a proper sound!

http://soundcloud.com/leeodonnell

Track's called Lee O' Donnell-Sunday Night Off

any feedback much appreciated:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

eeloe wrote: »
    well here's my first track!

Delighted with it to be honest! needs a bit more mastering i think, only using headphones at the mo, waiting for my audio interface to arrive and my monitors so can't get a proper sound!

http://soundcloud.com/leeodonnell

Track's called Lee O' Donnell-Sunday Night Off

any feedback much appreciated:)

Thats cool sounding - Reminds me of the Pounding Grooves 10"ers that I used to buy. Sounds nice & relentless - Really like the vocal loop.

I'd say you just need to work a bit more on the structure of it & think about spot fx & taking a few things out here + there, then bringing them back in. At the moment its sounds a bit like a 5min loop.

DJ style fades & EQ'ing would sound cool combined with fx if its going to stay loopy.

Try & introduce a new sound somewhere - Maybe a Stab would suit this style.

Breakdowns need some work too.

Cheers ICN, very helpful info there!

As you can tell, I used to LOVE the pounding grooves all them years ago!

When you mention a stab, could you elaborate on that a bit more? If you don't wanna clog up the thread a pm would be sweet!

Cheers ICN, very helpful info there!

As you can tell, I used to LOVE the pounding grooves all them years ago!

When you mention a stab, could you elaborate on that a bit more? If you don't wanna clog up the thread a pm would be sweet!

Haha! I still love them - They're great :D

Hours of fun killing the bass & flipping the channel off for a millisecond.

I dunno - You know those Dave the Drummer / Acid Techno Stabs. They can be Horns or Bouncy almost Trancy sounding things, so its probably a Saw.

Even something like a Rave stab. You could get a sample & try pitching it so it sounds a bit wrong.

But I think a Honk or a Hi-Pitched thing would be cool.

You could use an organ sound. Using a Chord would obviously make it Phatter sounding.

Maybe you could get a really mental pad sound, choose a chord, & play with the ADSR to shorten it, then open it up somewhere for a few bars - maybe in the breakdown..

Try filtering it towards the end with the global pitch going up / building reverb & take it all off as it comes back in.

:pac:

I'll give it a shot adding a bit more, I was half thinking of taking the vocal out of it till after the first breakdown?

I think that might make the vocal more filling in the middle of the track!

• Advertisement

I'll give it a shot adding a bit more, I was half thinking of taking the vocal out of it till after the first breakdown?

I think that might make the vocal more filling in the middle of the track!

Mess around with it..

Try keeping the vocal in - Replace it in the middle with something else.. Reintroduce it later as it all progresses.. Maybe?

Open up your track & Save as "Tune V2" - Mess away :)

It'll be next week before I get to mess with it some more !! God damn work!

I really need to get an audio interface asap!!!!

okay, canceled some stuff i had to do today(i can see this happening a LOT more) and spent the morning fiddling!

http://soundcloud.com/leeodonnell/lee-o-donnell-sunday-night-off-v2-01

i think i've mad a hash of it...still needs some work....ICN...HELP ME!:)

okay, canceled some stuff i had to do today(i can see this happening a LOT more) and spent the morning fiddling!

http://soundcloud.com/leeodonnell/lee-o-donnell-sunday-night-off-v2-01

i think i've mad a hash of it...still needs some work....ICN...HELP ME!:)

Still kinda sounds the same overall Mate.

Theres probably too much coming in @32.

Just having that big bass filtering up for a while after 32 might be enough, then bring in more hats / bouncy lead riff..etc.. ever 8 bars or whatever you think yourself.

I think you should try taking out more elements in the breakdowns - definitely more in the last one - make them sound a different & little unpredictable from the prior one..

Concentrate on a couple of elements to build up the tension.. or introduce a new sound.

Try totally taking the kick out in places.

Taking the lower frequencies out isnt giving it enough contrast when it kicks back in. Thats cool for the end of a bar, here & there - but not enough for a breakdown.

Taken on board! Unfortunately, I'm actually gonna have to keep up appearances tomorrow, so no more playing around till Monday at least!

My monitors will be here then anyway, so I'll be able to get a better sound of it!

• Advertisement

I'm gonna give SNO a bit of a break and come back to it next week...fresh ears and all that!

Was just messing around this morning and this came out!

http://soundcloud.com/leeodonnell/lee-o-donnell-discovery

I think it's fairly okay, needs a lot of work....so advice please....

It's quite lighter than what i'd normally do!

I'm gonna give SNO a bit of a break and come back to it next week...fresh ears and all that!

What are you using to make the Beats / Bass / synths etc..

What DAW are you using?

cubase sx
    lots of loops
    a1 synth
    drumsource(drum machine)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

I really like this. It's very funky and quite trancey. Sounds great. Does end a bit suddenly but apart from that it's deadly

Threw another song up. It's called Sshhh Crime Call's On. Crime Call was just on in the background when I was throwing it together. The song itself doesn't have actually anything to do with crime call. anyways, sure give it a listen and let me what you think. I'm still not really too sure what I'm at here so I'd be grateful for any feedback, comments, tips etc

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1020879

Thanks

Thanks very much whiterob, much appreciated!

It's not finished at all! I'm gonna play about with it a bit more on Monday-Wednesday when I have some time off from work!

I'll have a listen to your track when I'm home, as I can't listen to it at the mo!

whiterob81 wrote: »
    I really like this. It's very funky and quite trancey. Sounds great. Does end a bit suddenly but apart from that it's deadly

Threw another song up. It's called Sshhh Crime Call's On. Crime Call was just on in the background when I was throwing it together. The song itself doesn't have actually anything to do with crime call. anyways, sure give it a listen and let me what you think. I'm still not really too sure what I'm at here so I'd be grateful for any feedback, comments, tips etc

Thanks

Just had a listen to this, DnB wouldn't really be my thing now to be honest, but i gotta say, i'm loving the hats in this track, really punchy and vicious!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

jtsuited wrote: »

Thats really ****ing good.

Favourite of all the DH stuff so far.

Has a bit of a glitchy-ish perc in it too - which I like in DH. Always think it breaks up the "niceness".

Like how the vocals don't continue at the end of the 1st break for a bit.

Thats cool. V.Swirly :D

SNN0727B_180_482328a.jpg

ICN wrote: »
    Has a bit of a glitchy-ish perc in it too - which I like in DH. Always think it breaks up the "niceness".

yeah a bit of grit is nice. can all get a bit marvin gaye without the grit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

jtsuited wrote: »

Loving that piano jt. Marvin is sounding pretty sweet in there!

After the run of stunners from jt I'm nearly ashamed to be putting this up but anyhoo here's the latest one from meself:

http://soundcloud.com/android-78/papa-bear

Just had a listen to this, DnB wouldn't really be my thing now to be honest, but i gotta say, i'm loving the hats in this track, really punchy and vicious!:)

thanks very much for taking the time out to listen, the feedback's definitely appreciated. the hats were just taken from a free computer music sample library (a drum n bass one believe it or not). I added a gate and camel crusher effect to beef it up

Hello all, this is the latest from myself:

http://soundcloud.com/android-78/views-confused

I'm pretty happy with it but I'd love to know what all y'all thought. Feedback muy apreciado.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

Thats quite nice, some great little sounds and I especially like the breakdown. Personally, it sounds a little to clean and inoffensive for my tastes, particularly the precussion. My biggest gripe would be the length - 10 mins is seriously long!.. with the lead into the bd the main culprit. All in all though good work!

Thats quite nice, some great little sounds and I especially like the breakdown. Personally, it sounds a little to clean and inoffensive for my tastes, particularly the precussion. My biggest gripe would be the length - 10 mins is seriously long!.. with the lead into the bd the main culprit. All in all though good work!

Thanks for taking the time out to listen ACB, much appreciated. I see where you're coming from - probably does need a bit of grit. I was a going for a smooth melodic buzz. Maybe its a bit too smooth! I think I'll have a look at that bit before the breakdown again. Cheers again for listening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

some of my new tunes

a slight change of direction for me perhaps ...

a bit lighter, hopefully not diet... !

appreciate any feed back

ta

romarr wrote: »
    some of my new tunes

appreciate any feed back

ta

woah man. they're great!!! fair play, you've improved in leaps and bounds!!

romarr wrote: »
    some of my new tunes

appreciate any feed back

ta

Really like this stuff. Particularly like Factshun, some deadly synth stuff in it. Great tune

Also really like that weakend tune. I like the sub bass that's going through it.

Stuck up a new tune called Eagle catches Snake. It's a bit rough and ready. But sure give it a listen and let me know what ye think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

whiterob81 wrote: »
    Really like this stuff. Particularly like Factshun, some deadly synth stuff in it. Great tune

Also really like that weakend tune. I like the sub bass that's going through it.

Stuck up a new tune called Eagle catches Snake. It's a bit rough and ready. But sure give it a listen and let me know what ye think.

cheers for the feedback jt and whiterob, appreciate it

had a listen there whiterob, the versey (quiet bits) are good you got some real nice melodic hooks in there. the hard panned, sometimes flaming snare drum is too much for my tastes. my attention keeps getting dragged away from the tune to that snare and hats.

I'd focus on those quiet bits and build from there and youve got a tune on your hands !

Advertisement