Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Okay lads, here are some tunes I've been working on over the last while. I've been trying to stick to one kind of style so I've set up a new soundcloud page. It would be great to get some feedback. Cheers.

http://soundcloud.com/four-bear

You shouldn't have post all the tracks at once.

And what you've got there is not Dubstep or Garage. It's Downtempo (which is slowed down music with elements of whatever you like in it.)

The stuff is good - post it on some places that do Downtempo and experimental.

You should have posted a track at a time.

Where's tonight's Steve Donaldson track?

i was looking forward to it.

Looks like he's run out of steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

krd wrote: »
    You shouldn't have post all the tracks at once.

And what you've got there is not Dubstep or Garage. It's Downtempo (which is slowed down music with elements of whatever you like in it.)

The stuff is good - post it on some places that do Downtempo and experimental.

You should have posted a track at a time.

Well they've posted up over the last couple of weeks so I probably should have just posted a link for one up here.

Yeah I suppose they are pretty downtempo. I'm working my way up to faster stuff. I'll get there eventually! Cheers for listening krd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Yeah I suppose they are pretty downtempo. I'm working my way up to faster stuff.
    You're doing it wrong. It's like pitching a record for beatmatching - start fast and work your way down. Start off making 150 bpm plus speedcore, then 140 drum and bass, then 135 dubstep, then 128 tech-house, then 120 - house, then 116 deep house, then trip hop. Game completed.

jtsuited wrote: »
    You're doing it wrong. It's like pitching a record for beatmatching - start fast and work your way down. Start off making 150 bpm plus speedcore, then 140 drum and bass, then 135 dubstep, then 128 tech-house, then 120 - house, then 116 deep house, then trip hop. Game completed.

Ha, yeah that makes sense. I'm dipping me toes into the scary world of garage, being reticient and making mong music. Next one will be a gabba /ambient crossover.

• Advertisement

to be honest, garage/2-step is a very easy one to get stuff sounding decent in. set bpm to 135 and away you go.

Well they've posted up over the last couple of weeks so I probably should have just posted a link for one up here.

Yeah I suppose they are pretty downtempo. I'm working my way up to faster stuff. I'll get there eventually! Cheers for listening krd.

No, Downtempo is a style in itself. It's not for dancing to. More hip bar background music. Which is cool, if you ever really want to impress a guy or gal, you take them to a cool pub, where the DJ's playing downtempo - It will make you look infinitely more cooler than you are.

I know there aren't any cool pubs in Kildare. And it's all music for farmers. But try to imagine, there could be places in this world that are that cool. There's some bar, in a college town, somewhere on the coasts of the US playing your tunes. Dublin doesn't do cool any more - especially with fade street.

I know there aren't any cool pubs in Kildare. And it's all music for farmers. .

think you might be mixin up your posters here. I'm from kildare. I think android is from the midlands somewhere (about as specific as is needed i think:p).

Although I'm from a dublin suburb (which technically is in Kildare), which means I'm ever so cosmopolitan. And I can tell ya this...downtempo stopped being 'cool' around the late 90's.

I always think those bars that play 'downtempo dance vibes man' are the funniest places on earth, although I haven't been in one since about 2002.

think you might be mixin up your posters here. I'm from kildare. I think android is from the midlands somewhere (about as specific as is needed i think:p)..

Android has his four bear down as Kildare.
    Although I'm from a dublin suburb (which technically is in Kildare), which means I'm ever so cosmopolitan. And I can tell ya this...downtempo stopped being 'cool' around the late 90's. .

That is true. But, it's what and where the classification means anything. I think at the minute it means anything with a low enough tempo that you can't dance to. I've been listening to a lot of psytrance recently. They have a whole downtempo genre of their own. It's slower (128bpm down) and it doesn't have the running bassline (the ompah, the gallup, and the falange) - but for the rest it sounds like psytrance. This stuff is getting played somewhere, not Dublin, but somewhere. There's probably bars in Israel and Australia where they play downtempo psytrance. Maybe Berlin too. You're not going to walk into anywhere in Dublin and hear Downtempo psytrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

You're not going to walk into anywhere in Dublin and hear Downtempo psytrance.
    Lucky for Dublin!

• Advertisement

splitrmx wrote: »
    Lucky for Dublin!

Yeah, very lucky for Dublin. Walk in anywhere you're liable hear someone playing 50 cent, the stone roses, and maybe even Usher.

Dublin is a very conservative town. Irish people are very conservative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭dasdog

The last of Reason 4.0. In fairness it got me back in to recording music two years ago.

http://soundcloud.com/dasdog/satmornfewneradles

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

to be honest, garage/2-step is a very easy one to get stuff sounding decent in. set bpm to 135 and away you go.

Ironically all the other tracks I put were around the 135 mark, just the beats were kind of in half time.
    While trying to make that ambient/gabba crossover I did some sh!tstep at 135bpm.

http://soundcloud.com/four-bear/missing-florida

Bad creativity really is killing our culture...

Android has his four bear down as Kildare.

I didn't put down a location on my profile but that's what it came up with. I'm not technically in Kildare put I'm close enough...

That is true. But, it's what and where the classification means anything. I think at the minute it means anything with a low enough tempo that you can't dance to. I've been listening to a lot of psytrance recently. They have a whole downtempo genre of their own. It's slower (128bpm down) and it doesn't have the running bassline (the ompah, the gallup, and the falange) - but for the rest it sounds like psytrance. This stuff is getting played somewhere, not Dublin, but somewhere. There's probably bars in Israel and Australia where they play downtempo psytrance. Maybe Berlin too. You're not going to walk into anywhere in Dublin and hear Downtempo psytrance.

I had a compilation from Matsuri Records (I think) called Sympathy in Chaos 2 - there was some great stuff on that and all what I suppose you'd call downtempo psytrance. Definitely not as ornate and as cliched as the faster stuff and a hell of a lot more interesting. When I hear someone like Headhunter I think some of his tracks have some of those slower psytrance elements in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

So as kind of a technical excecise for myself, I did a deep house reconstruction of Outlander - The Vamp. (i.e using no samples from the track) Not fully mixed, mastered yet, just did a quick job.

All advice appreciated of course.

http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/2694111/file.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Okay lads, here are some tunes I've been working on over the last while. I've been trying to stick to one kind of style so I've set up a new soundcloud page. It would be great to get some feedback. Cheers.

http://soundcloud.com/four-bear
    I really really like that Fiesto (New Mix) track. Sweet vibe to it. If I had a criticism, it would be that the stab at the beginning (and at the end) sounds a tad harsh, but maybe that's what you where going for. Otherwise it's an excellent track.

Bit of a work in progress, but not much left to go.

http://soundcloud.com/bawdcaster/everything-is-not-broken-work-in-progress

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I really really like that Fiesto (New Mix) track. Sweet vibe to it. If I had a criticism, it would be that the stab at the beginning (and at the end) sounds a tad harsh, but maybe that's what you where going for. Otherwise it's an excellent track.

Cheers Baz, glad you liked it. Yeah I think I'm the only one that likes that stab. I might go back and change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Move_Ment

http://soundcloud.com/dwhite/cholula

housey tropical vibe. anyone got any tips on how to make it sound a bit cleaner?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Yeah, very lucky for Dublin. Walk in anywhere you're liable hear someone playing 50 cent, the stone roses, and maybe even Usher.

Dublin is a very conservative town. Irish people are very conservative.

Walk into Sample Ed1t on a Wednesday and you could just about anything. VERY wide open selection.
    Dub to Drill and Bass and stuff that isn't labelled yet.
    PLUS you can bring your own productions and get a FREE pint :eek: if you are one of the first three that night.
    Serial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 degie

Alright dudes. Me new moniker. A few releases over the next few months.

http://soundcloud.com/bawdcaster
    Was listning to your tune appreciate its melodic pace but thought it needed somthing was reviewing electomogerys tune and over lapped the two have a listen can be done simply but youll need to start them in sync think just th vocals need to change but not much

So as kind of a technical excecise for myself, I did a deep house reconstruction of Outlander - The Vamp. (i.e using no samples from the track) Not fully mixed, mastered yet, just did a quick job.

All advice appreciated of course.

http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/2694111/file.html

Any feedback on this? Thought the style would be up a lot of your alley's, and waiting for some feedback before I go back to it.

/not rushing anyone or anything ;)

Any feedback on this? Thought the style would be up a lot of your alley's, and waiting for some feedback before I go back to it.

/not rushing anyone or anything ;)

The bass and drums are quite muddy so its kind of hard to make out the bassline. I think the vocal could be used more throughout, just snippets of it, maybe mangled up a bit and needs a sweep after the breakdown when the music comes back in. A nice lead maybe after the breakdown would be nice just to break the repetition. But its got potential, I'd like to hear it after you finish it.

The bass and drums are quite muddy so its kind of hard to make out the bassline. I think the vocal could be used more throughout, just snippets of it, maybe mangled up a bit and needs a sweep after the breakdown when the music comes back in. A nice lead maybe after the breakdown would be nice just to break the repetition. But its got potential, I'd like to hear it after you finish it.

Cheers.

Yeah, I know I've a good bit to do on the bassline/kick, making them work. Think I'm gonna change the kick and play around with different sidechain setting etc to clear it up down there.

I hadn't though of using bits of the vocal in different places, I'll have a play with that alright.

Yeah, it's needs a few more sweeps and reverb trails and stuff, still have to finish that stuff up.

I'm not sure about a lead, is the vamp melody not enough?

I'm not sure about a lead, is the vamp melody not enough?

It just seems like it needs a bit of a lift after the breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Hi folks,

New track up on Soundcloud, featuring Mizimo on vocals. Check it out if you have the time.

Cheers.

Rock

http://soundcloud.com/rockshamrover/move-on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I remixed an Adebisi Shank tune and I think it came out rather well and I would very much like to hear other people's opinions on the matter!

http://soundcloud.com/v-force/adebisi-shank-genki-shank-v-force-remix

It's extremely beat-orientated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Hi folks,

New track up on Soundcloud, featuring Mizimo on vocals. Check it out if you have the time.

Cheers.

Rock

http://soundcloud.com/rockshamrover/move-on

really great track there, super beat to it and lots of nice little different sounds. mizimo's got a great voice also!

good stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

red dave wrote: »
    really great track there, super beat to it and lots of nice little different sounds. mizimo's got a great voice also!

good stuff

Cheers Dave,

Yeah, she's a bit like Sade. I love her track "Killing me with your silence". It's a gem.

Vinny.

Advertisement