Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Another track. An ambient/gabber crossover hit with a secret ability to make you think you been molested in a former life:

http://soundcloud.com/four-bear/caspers-city-dream

If you feel you've been molested in a former life just call one of the numbers at the end of Fair City. Put only talk in a northsider accent if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Hi folks,

New track up on Soundcloud, featuring Mizimo on vocals. Check it out if you have the time.

Cheers.

Rock

http://soundcloud.com/rockshamrover/move-on

Hey guys,

Just got to number 7 in the Soundcloud playlist. It's only up 1o hours.

Thanks for the plays guys. Much appreciated ;)

We can retire now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

We can retire now:D
    congrats dude

I think the track could do with some note changes to suit the vocal more like at 50seconds in it seems like the natural way for it to go would be to have the notes play lower(If i knew what anything about music theory i could better explain this)

cool track though otherwise

seannash wrote: »
    congrats dude

I think the track could do with some note changes to suit the vocal more like at 50seconds in it seems like the natural way for it to go would be to have the notes play lower(If i knew what anything about music theory i could better explain this)

cool track though otherwise

Thanks Sean,

I know what you mean but I think it adds to the feeling of the song (that's my excuse :) )

• Advertisement

Sorry to be a bore on this but, we are now number 2 in the overall hotlist. 2340 plays in 2 days:D

Have to tell somebody:D

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

Sorry to be a bore on this but, we are now number 2 in the overall hotlist. 2340 plays in 2 days:D

Have to tell somebody:D

yes mate, your brilliant at group spamming. ;) simply just keep taking the tune out of the 75 groups everyday and re-enter it, which puts it at the top of the group page, leading to more plays, and more comments, followed by some return comments by yourself such "thanks man glad your felling it "" etc, which makes more comments in which creates more interest which leads to more plays. very simple process.

oh yeah, leave feedback : i thought the vocal sounded really out of tune, the beats were ok, but the trance attack arpeggio preset riff is too screechy and terrifying and doesn't wash very well against a piano.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

very simple process.
    I disagree, managing to get scores of people to leave you comments saying your track is great is not a simple process, it's a very difficult one.It's usually indicitave of a good track.

I find it hard even getting people to listen to mine, never mind rate it (or slate it, as I am sure would be the case with yourself)

I disagree, managing to get scores of people to leave you comments saying your track is great is not a simple process, it's a very difficult one.It's usually indicitave of a good track.

I find it hard even getting people to listen to mine, never mind rate it (or slate it, as I am sure would be the case with yourself)
    This is in no way a dig at Rock at all becuase i actually like his music and feel it deserves its success but alot of it has to do with the amount of people you follow and follow you.

Just in comparison to me Rock is following 1120 people and Im following 110.

This instantly gets alot of people listening and to be honest its a good tactic for hits but i honestly dont think Rock is following people solely for this reason.He seems genuine enough about his "promotion"

I cant comment on whether he repeatedly puts it up on groups because Im not on any groups

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

id have to disagree with your disagreement,

your account on soundcloud is a free account.

you only have the ability to send to 1 group.
    you only follow 4 people and have 9 followers.
    your tracks are not downloadable after 100 downloads.

these are main reasons for no comments and feedback.nothing to do with your skills, (good or bad)

versus a pro lite or solo account:

send to 75 groups, 1000 or unlimited downloads and unlimited sends to people. send to groups = plays,

on average , on every 100 plays you would get 1 comment, 1000 plays 10 comments etc, now reply to every comment with thanks, it turns your ten comments to 20 comments. keep taking them out of the groups and resending, because there's such an infulx of tracks coming to the groups your tune will be gone back to page 7 after 3 hours(in popular groups).

so the resending keeps the plays going which causes the trending, which puts the tunes up such a high status. its done by 1000's everyday on soundcloud. and keep in mind if the track is downloadable then it will be more popular, because you can have a copy of it. more so if it had a beatport link on it.

get yourself a pro lite/solo account and do the above methods and follow 2000 people and i can guarantee you feedback, regardless of weather your music is good or bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

To be honest ive got to agree with chloroplast in some respects. It is actually quite easy to get a large amount of people to listen to your tracks on soundcloud. And there is plenty of people using the system to their advantage.

One technique is mass private sharing of a track to people, in some cases ive seen instances of tracks being shared to over 3000 different people. But the strange thing is that these tracks are then made public, making it obvious that the only reason for private sharing in the first place was to drive up plays/comments etc.

Groups are a good way to get your tracks heard and played by new potential followers, but indeed this function may be abused aswell, which is quite sad cause i rather like soundcloud and dont want it to turn into a spammers playground like myspace did.

Also you can start follwing random people in the hope they will follow you back, im always supicious of people are following over 1000 people, really whats the point in that? Are you actually interested in all their music individually? I sincerely doubt it. I tend to follow only the labels/people im interested in as I dont want to clog my dashboard.

All this spamming and mass sharing to me is making the opinions and comments collected on soundcloud less genuine. Whos to say that the people leaving comments on your track arent only looking for comments/feedback on their tracks.

Another interesting point to make is that doing all this makes your track less likely to get signed by a big label. It may increase the possibility of your track getting signed by a smaller label. But seriously if you want to get your track on the likes of Cecille/ToolRoom/1605 etc do you think they will even bother listening to your track if they see it is shared to over 3000 people, even 100 people is way to much. 25 is the most i would do, and even that might be too much for them.

I had no idea soundcloud could be used / abused like that... this is all news to me. Maybe I was a bit naive in thinking that if your tunes were good enough you'd be a success!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

To be honest, what's having thousands of views on Soundcloud going to do for you? I got a few thousand and max downloads on a few of my tracks (different account than the one in my sig), and got nothing from it, apart from an ego boost.

If you want to spam people, you'd be better off spamming bloggers and labels to try and get the success to do something for you. Obviously if you have a Beatport link this is different, because thousands of views should mean more sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

Heres an example of what i mean by ungeniune feedback and general spammers licking eachothers arses to get more plays

http://soundcloud.com/ronniepollock/dysfunctional-tb303-dont-leave-me-tonight

Look at this track, its on top of the "hot" chart or whatever. Personally i think its god awful and I think most of you will agree, but as you can see within the 3 days its been up its managed to get close to 5000 plays, and as you can see the guy who uploaded it is commenting back to every comment that he receieves in order to drive more comments plays etc.

Now if we compare that to what many believe to be the track of the year

http://soundcloud.com/tensnake/coma-cat-snippet

we can see that yes indeed it does have more plays, nearly 20000, but it has been up for about 11 months where as the other track has only been up for 3 days.

Now the striking thing about this is that there is much less comments on the tensnake song than the other lads. My theory is that when the spammers see a track is getting "hot" they will comment on it in th ehope that people will click on their name and play one of their tracks and comment.

People probably know that Tensnake isnt going to bother commenting or even playing their tracks if they leave a comment on coma cat, so thats why i believe there is less comments on one of the seminal house tracks of the year. So in theory the people leaving comments on this "hot" track are only doing it to raise their own profile in the majority of the cases making their feedback fake and self serving. And in reality it is only the spammers that leave comments on the other spammers tracks so what is the point?

yes mate, your brilliant at group spamming. ;) simply just keep taking the tune out of the 75 groups everyday and re-enter it, which puts it at the top of the group page, leading to more plays, and more comments, followed by some return comments by yourself such "thanks man glad your felling it "" etc, which makes more comments in which creates more interest which leads to more plays. very simple process.

oh yeah, leave feedback : i thought the vocal sounded really out of tune, the beats were ok, but the trance attack arpeggio preset riff is too screechy and terrifying and doesn't wash very well against a piano.

cheers

The track is up two days? Get real man.

The track is up two days? Get real man.
    Yeah to be honest lads this is all speculative.Rock hasn't been known to spam or use any underhanded promotional tactics

Bit unfair to claim he has,people might simply like his stuff.

Listen guys.

What can I say? We have the best day of our so called musical career yesterday and the worst one today.

All the plays on our songs are real. No jumping in and out of groups to push up the plays. I didn't even know you could do that (10000 plays on the next song so :D). We joined Soundcloud to let people hear our music. We did not in our wildest dreams imagine we'd get the kind of interest we've got. It's as much a shock to us as it is to you.

If somebody makes a comment on my track I will respond back whether it be good or bad. It's called being polite. Why would you not want to thank someone who likes something you've made?
    We don't do it to get more plays. I fail to even see how that would work? If I make 20 comments on one of your tracks, how does that get you more plays?

If somebody follows me on SC, I follow them back. Why bother being on Soundcloud or Facebook or where ever if you just ignore everybody? They are following you for a reason, hopefully it's because they like what you do. If they don't like what you do, they wont play your tracks so your numbers wont go up.

If somebody favours one of my tracks I follow them as they like what we are doing. I want people to like what I'm doing, I'm sure you also want people to like what you are doing. The same goes for people who have downloaded more than one of our tracks. We never follow people for any other reason.

We've been lucky enough to get to work with some of the more popular people on Soundcloud, because they liked some of our songs. Some of the people that followed them started following us. There is no dark plan for world domination

We, like you guys, love making music. We don't make great music, it's not perfect and it never will be.
    So I have no problem with someone saying this song or that song is crap. I do have a problem with someone saying we are bending the rules or getting extra plays by underhanded tactics.

As to the idea that thousands of followers or following thousands brings you plays. Have a look at MO and Mary on SC, good friends of ours. They have 1528 followers and are following 1698. 3 months ago, they had a song that got 3351 plays, then another with 1056 plays 2 months ago. They put up a song one month ago and it has less than 200 plays. They did nothing different, I know this as I am good friends with Mo. The listener decides. Thats always the way.

Thanks for listening.

Rock

Yeah to be honest lads this is all speculative.Rock hasn't been known to spam or use any underhanded promotional tactics

Bit unfair to claim he has,people might simply like his stuff.

That's the least likely reason:D

Cheers Sean.

Rock

Listen guys.

What can I say? We have the best day of our so called musical career yesterday and the worst one today.

All the plays on our songs are real. No jumping in and out of groups to push up the plays. I didn't even know you could do that (10000 plays on the next song so :D). We joined Soundcloud to let people hear our music. We did not in our wildest dreams imagine we'd get the kind of interest we've got. It's as much a shock to us as it is to you.

If somebody makes a comment on my track I will respond back whether it be good or bad. It's called being polite. Why would you not want to thank someone who likes something you've made?
    We don't do it to get more plays. I fail to even see how that would work? If I make 20 comments on one of your tracks, how does that get you more plays?

If somebody follows me on SC, I follow them back. Why bother being on Soundcloud or Facebook or where ever if you just ignore everybody? They are following you for a reason, hopefully it's because they like what you do. If they don't like what you do, they wont play your tracks so your numbers wont go up.

If somebody favours one of my tracks I follow them as they like what we are doing. I want people to like what I'm doing, I'm sure you also want people to like what you are doing. The same goes for people who have downloaded more than one of our tracks. We never follow people for any other reason.

We've been lucky enough to get to work with some of the more popular people on Soundcloud, because they liked some of our songs. Some of the people that followed them started following us. There is no dark plan for world domination

We, like you guys, love making music. We don't make great music, it's not perfect and it never will be.
    So I have no problem with someone saying this song or that song is crap. I do have a problem with someone saying we are bending the rules or getting extra plays by underhanded tactics.

As to the idea that thousands of followers or following thousands brings you plays. Have a look at MO and Mary on SC, good friends of ours. They have 1528 followers and are following 1698. 3 months ago, they had a song that got 3351 plays, then another with 1056 plays 2 months ago. They put up a song one month ago and it has less than 200 plays. They did nothing different, I know this as I am good friends with Mo. The listener decides. Thats always the way.

Thanks for listening.

Rock
    Rock id definitely agree with most of this except for the "if they follow me ill follow them back" statement.

I they follow you they are updated on your new tracks and comments,you dont have to follow them back in order for them to stay up to date with you and your tracks.

Unfortunately this is what soundcloud has become,everyone follows everyone else even though they have no interest in there music and to be honest i dont think its a good idea(hence me only following 100 or so people)

I definetly dont think thanking people is a problem,your right its simply polite.

Like i said i dont think your soing anything untoward and any acclaim seems genuine

Rock id definitely agree with most of this except for the "if they follow me ill follow them back" statement.

I they follow you they are updated on your new tracks and comments,you dont have to follow them back in order for them to stay up to date with you and your tracks.

Unfortunately this is what soundcloud has become,everyone follows everyone else even though they have no interest in there music and to be honest i dont think its a good idea(hence me only following 100 or so people)

I definetly dont think thanking people is a problem,your right its simply polite.

Like i said i dont think your soing anything untoward and any acclaim seems genuine

There is a fair bit of that goes on, but I am assuming that the person following me genuinely likes what I do. If they don't it wont affect my plays as they wont play me anyway. If they genuinely like me and I ignore them, what will they do? Stop listening as you've in effect insulted them. Crazy I know.

The problem is, how do you tell the real from the fake?

Cheers Sean.

• Advertisement

. If they genuinely like me and I ignore them, what will they do? Stop listening as you've in effect insulted them. Crazy I know.

I dont think they would be offended.take for example any big artist on there,they dont follow everyone who follows them.

If people comment,thank them(like you said) but that doesnt automatically mean you should follow them if you dont like there music,its simply adding to the spam in your inbox.

Only follow people who's music you have an interest in and not to be polite.
    comments for comments is getting a joke over there

I dont think they would be offended.take for example any big artist on there,they dont follow everyone who follows them.

If people comment,thank them(like you said) but that doesnt automatically mean you should follow them if you dont like there music,its simply adding to the spam in your inbox.

Only follow people who's music you have an interest in and not to be polite.
    comments for comments is getting a joke over there

To each his own I suppose. Whatever you are happy with. For me, being ancient, it's just the way I is.

I still don't get the thing about comments getting you more plays. For me it's just saying thanks.

To each his own I suppose. Whatever you are happy with. For me, being ancient, it's just the way I is.

thats cool
    I still don't get the thing about comments getting you more plays. For me it's just saying thanks.

Im not sure either,maybe its got to do with activity on your track or something

Would ANYONE AT ALL care to listen to my latest tune and let me know what they think?

Anyone?

i have no comments at all :(

http://soundcloud.com/v-force/adebisi-shank-genki-shank-v-force-remix

thats cool

Im not sure either,maybe its got to do with activity on your track or something

The mysteries of Soundcloud.

Cheers Sean,

Still floored by this whole thing. But life goes on as they say. Nobody died.

Rock

Would ANYONE AT ALL care to listen to my latest tune and let me know what they think?

Anyone?

Only if you follow me:D

Only if you follow me:D
    ha,awesome:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

SteveDon wrote: »
    Heres an example of what i mean by ungeniune feedback and general spammers licking eachothers arses to get more plays

http://soundcloud.com/ronniepollock/dysfunctional-tb303-dont-leave-me-tonight

Look at this track, its on top of the "hot" chart or whatever. Personally i think its god awful and I think most of you will agree, but as you can see within the 3 days its been up its managed to get close to 5000 plays, and as you can see the guy who uploaded it is commenting back to every comment that he receieves in order to drive more comments plays etc.

Now if we compare that to what many believe to be the track of the year

http://soundcloud.com/tensnake/coma-cat-snippet

we can see that yes indeed it does have more plays, nearly 20000, but it has been up for about 11 months where as the other track has only been up for 3 days.

Now the striking thing about this is that there is much less comments on the tensnake song than the other lads. My theory is that when the spammers see a track is getting "hot" they will comment on it in th ehope that people will click on their name and play one of their tracks and comment.

People probably know that Tensnake isnt going to bother commenting or even playing their tracks if they leave a comment on coma cat, so thats why i believe there is less comments on one of the seminal house tracks of the year. So in theory the people leaving comments on this "hot" track are only doing it to raise their own profile in the majority of the cases making their feedback fake and self serving. And in reality it is only the spammers that leave comments on the other spammers tracks so what is the point?

Some good points there.

Christ, that song is fookin awful and the thing is you see a song like that has got so many plays and comments you figure its going to be great before you listended to it. Why would you cheerlead something like that. Steve, you left some great constructive criticism with some very welcome advice on what to do with the track. Sean is another one on here I seen give some really good advice to people here as well. I think for me that should be what the spirit of Soundcloud should be.

What really annoys me is the amount of useless asshats that trawl through the groups looking for people to follow without bothering to listen to any of your tunes. If you haven't listening to the music why follow me? Obviously I know why their doing it but seriously fook off, I'm not interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Hi folks,

New track up on Soundcloud, featuring Mizimo on vocals. Check it out if you have the time.

Cheers.

Rock

http://soundcloud.com/rockshamrover/move-on

It's really good.

The production could do with some tightening - some of the panning effect is a little too extreme - and you could take some elements and try to bring them out here and there. I think the piano is too strong for everything else. A thinner piano sound with some reverb might work better. I know people use to use Casio tone keyboards for piano sounds - the Casio tone piano sounds are very thin and sound cheap and cheesy by themselves - but they're very thin and can fit much better in busy music.

But it's really interesting song. The drums and voice are really good. The drums are kind of like very early human league. there is a feeling that comes across in the drums and singing.

I think you've got something a lot of people would like to hear. It could probably do with some more production work to do it justice. To bring out the good elements more and push back the bits that aren't so important.

Get some 80s stuff like early human league and Alison Moyet (I think she was in Yazoo) listen to it and try and focus on getting the emotion and feeling. You have it there in the song already - and that's really what turns people on. I think the emotion in the piano bits may be clashing with the voice and the drums. But I think it is a song a lot of people would like to hear. It would also probably sound great in different remix versions

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Anyone?

I'm too tired, but I promise I'll listen to it tomorrow.

Advertisement