Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Nightshad3 wrote: »
    What do you guys make of these

https://soundcloud.com/critical/stonk-tek-mix
    I think your drums are too weak for the track. There isn't enough punch in the kick or snare to come through.
    With this one it's more a case of the strings and piano being too loud. The drums sound better but they are overpowered by the other elements.
    Even though this is your oldest track it's the one with the best sounding perscussion. Nice stong kick and snare and I like the stuttery kick which comes in every now and then.
    Might do with some EQing to filter the low end off the bassline (which is a tad cheesy in my opinion) just to get a bit more headroom in the mix for the drums and bass to sit better together.

Hello :)

Thanks for the feedback on my previous track, implemented some of the changes you'd recommended and it did sound better after,

You should create a consulting business or something ;)

I have a new track, have not made it public on Soundcloud yet but here's a link:

https://soundcloud.com/stan-soze/mind-your-dance-louder/s-WjzIo

Could you please check it out and let me know what you think

I think the kicks are a bit to loud ;)

Thank you in advance,
    Stan

Can't access this at the moment. Not sure if that's something to do with accessing it from work. Will try another PC later

• Registered Users Posts: 5 stan_kosjaks

mordeith wrote: »
    Can't access this at the moment. Not sure if that's something to do with accessing it from work. Will try another PC later

Here's a different link i hope it works:

http://snd.sc/YfbGen

Regards,
    Stan

Here's a different link i hope it works:

http://snd.sc/YfbGen

Regards,
    Stan

Yeah, that does sound much better. Good punchy kick. On the track overall I think you should eq the big bass synth that comes in around 2 mins. You should probaly shave some of the low end off it as conflicts a little with the kick (to my ears anyway). Your breakdowns are quite long which is grand but there isn't much of a buld up during them apart from the white noise riser. Maybe you could add a nice snare roll or something. Also there isn't much movement on either of the main lead lines. If it were me I would add an automated filter sweep or bring in a flanger at various stages just to spice it up a bit. Overall I would say it's far better in terms of production than your first post so thumbs up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 stan_kosjaks

Yeah, that does sound much better. Good punchy kick. On the track overall I think you should eq the big bass synth that comes in around 2 mins. You should probaly shave some of the low end off it as conflicts a little with the kick (to my ears anyway). Your breakdowns are quite long which is grand but there isn't much of a buld up during them apart from the white noise riser. Maybe you could add a nice snare roll or something. Also there isn't much movement on either of the main lead lines. If it were me I would add an automated filter sweep or bring in a flanger at various stages just to spice it up a bit. Overall I would say it's far better in terms of production than your first post so thumbs up :D

Thanks man much appreciated!

How's your own track going, are you closer to completing it? :)

Cheers,
    Stan

• Advertisement

Thanks man much appreciated!

How's your own track going, are you closer to completing it? :)

Cheers,
    Stan
    I'm afraid two young kids don't help the production process! Hope to finish it over the weekend maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gillyjpb

Check out my track https://soundcloud.com/gillyjpb-1/gilly-thunder-original-mix

I just got signed to German Label MyCore Records and my first release comes out on Beatport on 21st Feb

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Gillyofficialmusic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

Gillyjpb wrote: »
    Check out my track https://soundcloud.com/gillyjpb-1/gilly-thunder-original-mix

I just got signed to German Label MyCore Records and my first release comes out on Beatport on 21st Feb

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Gillyofficialmusic

wow, dreadful!

dreadful again!

how long did these take to produce - 30 mins!!! dreadful

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote: »
    https://soundcloud.com/cloud-10/u4ea-ft-stratos-azul-marino

This is my latest track, has a kind of chilled out/cinematic vibe to it. I'm not sure what it is but I'm finding a lot more of the tracks i start work on these days are just veering toward this chilled out style, probably old age setting in :D Any feedback is much appreciated.

got potential, keep at it, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

New track I've been working on this week, feedback and comments welcome, still only a beginner - Thanks https://soundcloud.com/seanc/berties-acid-hutch-1

DarkJager wrote: »
    https://soundcloud.com/cloud-10/u4ea-ft-stratos-azul-marino

This is my latest track, has a kind of chilled out/cinematic vibe to it. I'm not sure what it is but I'm finding a lot more of the tracks i start work on these days are just veering toward this chilled out style, probably old age setting in :D Any feedback is much appreciated.
    Really liking that, fair play! Sorry can't give anymore feedback I'm not good enough ha

New track I've been working on this week, feedback and comments welcome, still only a beginner - Thanks https://soundcloud.com/seanc/berties-acid-hutch-1

I like the acid line on this but you need add more variety to it. You have quiet a long track so if I was you I'd have some fun tweaking that cutoff freq knob and mess with the resonance as well. Over the track sounds a little muted in terms of EQ. It might be beneficial to bring out the higher frequencis a little.

Cheers yea can deffo hear that alright, I guess I was conscious of eating up to much of the higher frequencies with the acid line. I actually only mapped the cutoff to a midi know, I should have mapped the Resonance as well I guess.

Thanks

Out of curiousity what did you use to create the acid line? Re-Birth?

I used D16 Phoscyon with some distortion for the acid line.

whilst i admire your attempts, a few things to consider:

that particular "sound" has been done to death, it's more or less basic acid,youtube old school acid and then dig deeper, there was a HUGE underground movement going on years ago and many many tunes like the one you are trying to produce were made, a lot of these tunes were of course on vinyl only which counts somewhat in your favour due to obscurity, however to fit the 303 bassline in to a track these days requires more imagination.

You cannot beat the sound of a real 303, no question!!! the vst your using may sound like it but it doesn't, it sounds very weak in comparison (trust me i have been there and back again)

Your drums are weak, sounds nothing like a 909, what did you use??

Whilst good music can be made with softsynths, hardware is the way to go, not necessarily analog, digital can be good too, its all about the CIRCUITS!!!

Keep up the efforts though, better than a lot are posting here, maybe slowly transition over to hardware!!

shed head wrote: »

Whilst good music can be made with softsynths, hardware is the way to go, not necessarily analog, digital can be good too, its all about the CIRCUITS!!!

Keep up the efforts though, better than a lot are posting here, maybe slowly transition over to hardware!!

That's a fairly ridiculous statment to make in this day and age. We can all bang on about how great analog synths are but the fact is softsynths offer way more flexibilty and ease of use. I don't think any of the posters here are professional producers and have either (a) the money, (b) the space or (c) the time to be messing about with leads and interfaces trying to get an analog synth hooked up to their daw.

PS. I don't recall VinylJunkie saying at any stage that he was trying to produce a 909 style kick.

Thanks for the feedback, I don't claim to be great at producing but am learning all the time, will deffo take on board what your saying about the drums - This is not the music I intend on producing I just find it a way of learning new techniques and opening my mind up a little. I only realised how important compression is making this track so I've a long way to go. As for transition to hardware, I think I'll stay with soft synths for the minute. Sure Pearson Sound uses fruity loops but manages to make top tracks.

• Advertisement

The idea with the kick in that acid track was to make it low end heavy to give the track more low end because I struggled to make a sub baseline that sat nicely under the acid line. I was trying a simple sine wave but nothing seemed to fit nicely.

That's a fairly ridiculous statment to make in this day and age. We can all bang on about how great analog synths are but the fact is softsynths offer way more flexibilty and ease of use. I don't think any of the posters here are professional producers and have either (a) the money, (b) the space or (c) the time to be messing about with leads and interfaces trying to get an analog synth hooked up to their daw.

PS. I don't recall VinylJunkie saying at any stage that he was trying to produce a 909 style kick.

LOL My statement was ridiculous!!! your whole statement is farcical apart from maybe point A. Have you even used an outboard synth before??? Also i didn't say only analog synths either. Your the epiphany of laziness - music is too easy to make these days, however, good music is still difficult to do, it takes hard work, commitment and practice, once again i state, good music CAN be made with software, but music made with outboard gear sounds a whole lot better, not that the zombies will notice, inclusive of yourself - i bet you dj(or would) for free too!!

No he didn't but his sound was a classic 909 sound, i didn't mention the kick did i? i was on about the hats, however the kick is weak! your a fcuking clown mate

Pearson Sound - just checked this dude out, for me his sound is thinny, but each to their own. Listen all i was saying is consider integrating some outboard synths into your setup, your whole production not to mention inspiration will improve. Check out Legowelt for example, mostly vintage based bt he uses reason etc too sometimes

LOL My statement was ridiculous!!! your whole statement is farcical apart from maybe point A. Have you even used an outboard synth before??? Also i didn't say only analog synths either. Your the epiphany of laziness - music is too easy to make these days, however, good music is still difficult to do, it takes hard work, commitment and practice, once again i state, good music CAN be made with software, but music made with outboard gear sounds a whole lot better, not that the zombies will notice, inclusive of yourself - i bet you dj(or would) for free too!!

No he didn't but his sound was a classic 909 sound, i didn't mention the kick did i? i was on about the hats, however the kick is weak! your a fcuking clown mate

Cheers for the personal abuse. You're a real positive addition to the human race

Your the epiphany of laziness

Maybe if you spent more time with a dictionary rather than playing with your wire(s) you'd be able to insult people while using correct terminology.
    The word you are looking for is epitome. Also it's you're, not your.

Maybe if you spent more time with a dictionary rather than playing with your wire(s) you'd be able to insult people while using correct terminology.
    The word you are looking for is epitome. Also it's you're, not your.
    no argument better than this?

i'm just a dumb musician, your clearly a scholar and clearly NOT a musician of any "good" standard!! now go play with your sample loops!

no argument better than this?

i'm just a dumb musician, your clearly a scholar and clearly NOT a musician of any "good" standard!! now go play with your sample loops!

listen man, I made a point regarding your initial post and you called me a ****ing clown. if that's the standard of your arguments then fair enough.

it wasn't a point, it was more smart comments but either way, i'm out of here, goodbye clown!

it wasn't a point, it was more smart comments but either way, i'm out of here, goodbye clown!
    so many sad and lonely people in the world ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Advertisement