Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Thanks mordeith, appreciate the comments. I really need to hear the tune on a neutral sound system as on my headphones and PC sound system, any changes to the percussive bass line overwhelms everything else. I tried adding a 'real' bass line last night but again, things got a bit swamped.

I'll see what I can do about the kick though as that should be easy enough to sort out and I actually had a lead line in there up until Friday night when I stuck a filter on it for that sound that comes in around 5 minutes through as I thought it sounded better!!

Anyway, thanks again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

One that was lying around for a bit and I finally finished up.
    https://soundcloud.com/rocky-robledo/aaron-livingston-i-admit-rocky

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

That sounds really good. Nice and laid back. Very well mixed too

SuprSi wrote: »
    Ok, my first tune in 10 years. Got a new laptop in the summer, got back into producing again and this is the fruits of my labour! I'm pretty happy with the tune composition itself, the problem is that I only have my PC's speakers (which are quite bass-heavy) and my earphones plugged into my laptops bog standard built-in soundcard (I'm sorting this out at Christmas) so I can't tell whether the mastering is any good.

I'd really appreciate some feedback on the composition but mainly on the mix itself, whether it's lacking sparkle or missing mid-range, etc.

https://soundcloud.com/suprsi/paradisiac

That sounds really really good. Especially considering that you mixed it basically using PC speakers. The whole mix could actually probably do with a bit more low end but apart from that it's sounding good.

Hey all, just did up a rough mix of a liquid dnb tune. Any feedback at all's appreciated

https://soundcloud.com/robthetrustysteed/autumn-break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

It's not really my cup of tea sounds wise but it feels well put together and mixed nicely. I'm not 100 % sure the vocal fits in some sections. Nice sound on the kick btw. Not what I was expecting after the intro (in a good way)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PMShy

Hey peeps,

Do yourself a favour and toddle on over to our soundcloud. Check out the sounds of DNW (Dublin North West). www.soundcloud.com/pmshy

We are super excited about our sound and production. It's new to us but we've some really exciting material on offer to show you all. Recorded using Garage Band LE and Sound Studio 2.0.7. We're waiting on a mate to master it all for us. Just so its not too piercing on the ears and so that it blends to our satisfaction.

We'd love some feedback. Please be kind though. This means so much to us.

Later,
    PM Shy

PMShy wrote: »
    Hey peeps,

Do yourself a favour and toddle on over to our soundcloud. Check out the sounds of DNW (Dublin North West). www.soundcloud.com/pmshy

We are super excited about our sound and production. It's new to us but we've some really exciting material on offer to show you all. Recorded using Garage Band LE and Sound Studio 2.0.7. We're waiting on a mate to master it all for us. Just so its not too piercing on the ears and so that it blends to our satisfaction.

We'd love some feedback. Please be kind though. This means so much to us.

Later,
    PM Shy

Not sure what's going on here. Sounds like you recorded from laptop speakers onto a phone.

EDIT: Maybe I'm falling for a complete pisstake

I took a listen to the original to see what you were working with and it's a really interesting interpretation of the song. I'm not hugely keen on the tune itself, but I really like how you've incorporated the original into your track - very cool!

whiterob81 wrote: »
    Hey all, just did up a rough mix of a liquid dnb tune. Any feedback at all's appreciated

https://soundcloud.com/robthetrustysteed/autumn-break

I don't think I've ever heard liquid DnB before but I quite liked this. Nice and boppy and well produced.

• Advertisement

mordeith wrote: »
    Not sure what's going on here. Sounds like you recorded from laptop speakers onto a phone.

EDIT: Maybe I'm falling for a complete pisstake

Sorry? There's really no need to be so rude. We are new to all of this and are looking for encouraging and supportive feedback from seasoned musicians like yourselves. That's why we posted here.

Sorry? There's really no need to be so rude. We are new to all of this and are looking for encouraging and supportive feedback from seasoned musicians like yourselves. That's why we posted here.

Apologies if I came across as rude but surely you could have exported your tracks from the software you were using? As it stands it's impossible to give an honest opinion on the tracks as they lack any depth or presence.
    PS I ain't no seasoned musician, just some bloke who likes to produce some tunes that I hope might be half decent every now and then ;)

Apologies if I came across as rude but surely you could have exported your tracks from the software you were using? As it stands it's impossible to give an honest opinion on the tracks as they lack any depth or presence.
    PS I ain't no seasoned musician, just some bloke who likes to produce some tunes that I hope might be half decent every now and then ;)

Thanks Mordeith. We didn't mean to jump the gun there. We were trying to achieve an atmospheric ambience. We didn't use the virtual instruments in the software. We used a KORG keyboard to achieve all our sounds and we used the software in record mode to pick up the sound in the room.

How do you mean that the songs lack presence or depth? In what way?

Would you be interested in doing some collaboration with us?

How do you mean that the songs lack presence or depth?
    [\quote]

What I mean is that because it's the sound in the room rather than direct from a line out or exported, there is no frequency depth. That is there is no differfence between the low, mid and highs. It all just sounds 'tinny'
    You should arrange your tracks in a sequencer and export as a wav or mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I'm being a bit cheeky here, I just wanna let you all know my album is out now... I posted a few tracks from it for feedback over the summer so I figured there'd be a few interested parties.

Just follow the link in my sig! Thanks!

Here's something I did for a one-synth challenge with KVR and Computer Music. All sounds were made with Dune CM and FX are all native to the daw (Fl Studio)
    Kind of a tracey vibe I suppose. I used 10 instances of the synth in the track. It was a lot of fun but I was a bit caught for time so it's not as polished as I'd like.

https://soundcloud.com/subbed/mordeith-dunatic

I think you've actually managed to add to the groove and funkiness of the original which is saying something :D. Is that subtle delay or reverb on the vocal in some parts? I love the sleigh bell sounding percussion. Great party starter :)

Here's something I did for a one-synth challenge with KVR and Computer Music. All sounds were made with Dune CM and FX are all native to the daw (Fl Studio)
    Kind of a tracey vibe I suppose. I used 10 instances of the synth in the track. It was a lot of fun but I was a bit caught for time so it's not as polished as I'd like.

That sounds really good. The arpeggiated synth at the start is a bit low in the mix but everything else sounds really decent. Really like the side chained pad in it

That sounds really good. The arpeggiated synth at the start is a bit low in the mix but everything else sounds really decent. Really like the side chained pad in it

Thanks for the feedback. You're right about the mix. I only had about two evenings to get the track submitted on time, so I didn't get a chance to master it at all really. Plus some automation of the main lead line at the end of the track didn't export properly. Still, it was good fun doing everything on one synth.
    They're running the next competition now using a free synth called Tunefish. I'm gonna have a crack of it. Here's the link if anyone else is interested:
    https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-57-tunefish

• Advertisement

I posted a drum and bass tune up last week. Posting up a newer version of it now. Let me know what ye think

https://soundcloud.com/robthetrustysteed/autumn-break-1

Finally got round to listening to this. It's a groover! Really like the build around the 1:50 mark. The tune sounds quite retro because of the mix, with the bass drum being somewhat subdued. Still, sticking to just one synth and native FX it sounds pretty good.

I posted a drum and bass tune up last week. Posting up a newer version of it now. Let me know what ye think

I don't think I had a chance to the first version so I can only comment on this current one. Really nice intro with the slightly detuned organ sound. It's not as aggressive as I'd have expected from a D n B tune. Nice bass line, although it sounds like it's clipping every now and then. I love the use of the vocal samples, you have some great fx on them. Personally I think I'd like a punchier kick but really sweet tune overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

awesome work, but the drums could come out abit more over the mix maybe since its DnB....but having said that, it has a mellow vibe, so you dont want to ruin that with too much drum. maybe rather than playing with the drums too much, just clear the bass line up a little to let the drums breath whilst keeping the same vibe

like it alot though!

also, i should have a the first track of my ep up soon for you guys to judge and help with, my projects are coming along i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 conormurph1

Pretty nice track. I like the woodblock and the arpeggiation. Good bassline as well although I think the kick is lost a little amongst it. Vocal is cool although it seems to be ever so slightly out of sync at times. You have a nice delay on it but it gets cut immediately at the start of a new phrase. Peronally I think you should leave it run under the main vocal, albeit with maye a volume automation envelope to reuduce it in the mix a bit so it doesn't clash too much.
    I wouldn't be a fan of the piano at 1.55 but overall I rather like it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

My mix is in the middle there.. Have a listen if you like :)

Thanks lads, going to have another go at this and redo the bassline.

Looking forward to hearing that ep Shane. are you releasing it yourself?

Very impressive, the vocals work really well, like how you've subtly chopped them too. The percussion is cool as is the main bass line. My only gripe is the hi hat you've used at the start and finish. I think it sounds too electronic or harsh, compared to the rest of the tune. Once the rest of the tune kicks in it's fine but I think you could humanise it a little, or perhaps soften it.

Other than that it's very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

Thanks lads, going to have another go at this and redo the bassline.

Looking forward to hearing that ep Shane. are you releasing it yourself?

yeah, for the most part. itll be my first step into trying this professionally. i might get abit of studio work on it for live drums and vocals, so itll be a good few months before youll see anything proper from me

Advertisement