Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiesta to Focus

• 05-06-2009 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭

All. Trading the wifes 05 Fiesta (16,000 Km) in for an 07 Focus (19,000 km). The Focus was priced at €12950 (Zetec Connection). He came back to me with a trade in of €5,450 leaving me with a cost to change of €7,500. What movement do you think I have on this considering there has been no negotiation so far.
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Interesting. €7,500 is a lot considering the mileage of the two cars is much the same, and the cars are not a million miles apart. I assume you are moving up as you need more space? If it was me I would be looking to keep the cost to change lower, maybe considering a 2006 Focus and a seeking out a better trade in deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Thanks Stevie. Yes, looking for something bigger and must also have A/C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Focus really isnt much bigger, I would be looking at Mondeo Zetec myself and wouldn't be too worried about milage, excellent diesel engines in both Focus and Mondeo.

I would be selling privately as well, Fiesta in this climate are one of the easier motors to sell.With the very low milage ( we Irish love that ), im sure you could get around 5k for it.With cash in hand your options are far greater, you could go over to the uk and get something very nice, like a Volvo S40 or similar.If your happy with the size of the Focus, the the Kia Ceed is what I would be looking for, even 2 year old one's have 5 years warranty left ( 100k miles )

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Hmmmm.....

I've recently gone the other direction - Focus to Fiesta.

There's a big difference between the models of car you are looking at (although the brand new Fiesta has closed that gap). The Focus is bigger, heavier, more sturdy, and a much better drive.

I agree try to sell your Fiesta privately first. Price it right and it should fly. Get cash in your paw and see from there.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I would agree with the above, try to sell privately and you'll be in a much better position to buy. If you need more space/have a family, consider estate cars, much more loadspace for clutter than the hatchback. We have a Focus HB and Estate and the estate gets used everytime for the family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I think €7.5k is not a bad start. The Fiesta is now looking old compared with the new model while the Focus is still looking fresh. Start with an offer of €6k and take it from there.

Of course you'll get a better deal if you sell privately, but that's a lot of hassle these days even with a popular car like a Fiesta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭jonnygee

If it,s a 1.4 focus then i wouldnt buy it at any price but that is a personal opionion. I think that they are seriously underpowered, however you should have an extended test drive in it yourself and see what you think. Any dealer would be glad to trade your fiesta, thay are a good seller, even now, check around different dealers for the best price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I got 5500 retail for an 05 Fiesta 1.25 Steel (a little more mileage) 2 weeks ago, I don't think your trade in is unfair.

Advertisement