Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok Second try :) Sat system set up and install with pics

• 05-06-2009 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Ok, So here we go. I only want totaly legal stuff please :rolleyes:

Hi Im Jonny,

I want help picking a sat system I think what i need is q motorized dish but the receiver is the big one. I dont have a internet connection at this current location so as i think linux box might not be the best option.

So i will be connecting it to a Samsung 42" TV so do you think high def receiver is the way to go?

Also I would be looking for FTA or channels that allow you to watch with a yearly card cost. I am looking for Rugby number 1 and then if nothin else on soccer. I have heard about Dubai sports are good but have no experience of this. I am hoping the motor will sort out the problems with different sats. Would i need 2 cards one per sat if the rugby is on different sats.

Anyway any help would be great!!!

I will be on MSN and if youw ant my addy just ask.

Also any good sites to buy from ireland? want to keep it local.

1Love

Jonny

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

S4C~digidol is FTA same sat as BBC etc. They have rugby.

Each provider uses a different card.

Some cards need a different cam.

Sky may also have rugby, but their card only really works in a Sky Box. Which would need a dish of its own as it won't work a motor.

Another alternative, especially to have multiple receivers inc Sky, is a Wavefrontier Toriodial T90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

The best package for rugby in my opinion is Canal+ France on 19east. They show every TOP 14 rugby match live. Also France 1,2,3,4,5 on 5 West shows alot of the H-cup FTA usually including the TOP 14 final live tomorrow. The problem with the French channels for sport is they don't usually broadcast in english.

The only other broadcaster that shows good rugby is Sky Italy. They show all the rugby on sky uk and usually a bit more and in english too. But the cost of a sub is inexcess of £1100 per year.

I bought a motor system from Maplains for about E160 including everything required dish, motor, lnb etc.

I wounldn't really go for a HD box for FTA as there are only 2 channels I'm aware of that show sport in HD FTA, BBC & ITV

Sorry about my earlier legal infringments and making you start anew thread.

If I can be of any help let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

watty sos If a Mod could move my thread that would be sweet.

Tom I am liking the cut of you jib, i think you know what your at!!! I hear you about the £1100 sub bit to much esp when sly could give you it for that price.

I would be interested in talking more. I am away to Italy on monday and hope to put in an order before i go. add me to msn mate [email]***************[/email]

see you then

Jonny

There is no point to Sky Italy as it will be same price or more expensive than Sky Ireland and you have the complication of an Italian Address (the cards belong to Sky/NDS so can't legally be re-sold).

Canal+ requires a subscription.

Ok so I have placed my order (At last!!!) here it is

Receiver: Technomate TM 6900 HD Super+ Combo Black version
    Dish: Triax TD110 110cm Solid Dish
    LNB: Technomate 0.1dB Single Output Universal LNB
    Motor: Superior Dark Motor
    Coax Cable: 50m CAI quality coax cable
    Mounting Brackets: 36" T&K Galvanised Steel
    Pole: 5' x 2" Galvanised Steel

Total Cost £500 sterling

Should be here next week. I will document all my workings and failures when I get back from italy. If you have any tips or comments on what I have bought then post back so I can see them or if you have used one of the about let me know what you thought.

Thanskfully I doubt the weight of the dish will be a problem. thanks to painters there is scafolding out side all the way up :)

Cheers

1Love Jonny

• Advertisement

oh also I need a card.

Can you suggest which ones i should get? just for rugby and football.
    Want to put the order in before tomorrow

Cheers

Jonny

You need to do a bit of research. It's not as simple to order Albanian, French, Dutch, Morrocan TV etc as ringing Sky. Nor as simple to understand what you would get if you did order it.

This is not a Buy & sell forum either.

Advertisement