Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I`m recieving calls from my mobile no.??

• 05-06-2009 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I`m getting 2\3 calls a day from a number identical to my own mobile no. just with some sort of area code infront of it.
    The only difference is the number dialling me starts with +3300353...followed by my mobile no.I`ve only answered it a couple of times and when i did it was either silent or went to an automated message saying ' we will connect you to your party' then it hangs up.
    This has been going on for a couple of weeks now , does anyone know whats going on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

wild guess ....a reverse charges call from a scammer - have you checked how much it cost you (for the couple of times you answered before hanging up)

Normally for a reverse charge call the operator asks will you receive a reverse charges call....so... that kinda poo poohs my theory (maybe)...I dunno

+33 access code is from France

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

+33 is the country code for France. Know anyone there?

It's weird that the number then continues 00353 which is the Irish country code. Maybe give customer care a ring and see if they know who it is? They won't be able to block it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

this happened me last week,about 4 calls,three were silent and the last one was a cold call trying to sell web design

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

similar thread about this type of call from France here:
    http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-647-277-1120

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Garroldy

Yeah, I've been getting the same calls for more than a week now. I called O2, but they were usless "Sorry Mr. XXXXX but we've never heard of anything like this". They did say that there appeared to be no charges going to my phone...????.

Still a bit worried though, in general these f**kers seem to have a very easy time of placing charges on your phone bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

i think i read somewhere that this can be done if your bluetooth is hacked. the next time it happens check is your bluetooth turned on, and have a look around you....bluetooth hacker will be close by !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I`m getting 2\3 calls a day from a number identical to my own mobile no. just with some sort of area code infront of it.
    The only difference is the number dialling me starts with +3300353...followed by my mobile no.I`ve only answered it a couple of times and when i did it was either silent or went to an automated message saying ' we will connect you to your party' then it hangs up.
    This has been going on for a couple of weeks now , does anyone know whats going on?

By the sound of it I think you are Tyler Durden.

Advertisement