Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media and Rapidshare Problems

Options
  • 05-06-2009 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello

I seem to be having a problem downloading from Rapidshare. For some reason, the download will be flying until I've downloaded around 250MB then.... Nothing! If I wait a couple of hours I can download another 250MB then the same thing happens. While this is going on I can't even access the Rapidshare homepage.

I never had this problem with BT Broadband - I was wondering if Virgin are blocking connections to Rapidshare?

I've had a look at other forums where the suggestions are as follows:
    • Disable SPI Firewall in the configuration of the Netgear router
    • Plug your PC directly into your modem and miss out the router altogether
    • Change your download manager
    None of these seemed to work for me but have worked for others so if you are having the same problem give them a try.

One suggestion that I haven't tried was to use the VM Proxy - can anyone shed any light on this?

Premium Rapidshare Account
    Broadband: 20M Virgin Media XL
    Router: Netgear WGR614v6
    Download Manager: FlashGet

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not sure what help people can offer here, this forum is generally for the discussion of Irish ISP's.....Virgin Media is only in the UK

Advertisement