Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ruby Rouge In Gorey

• 05-06-2009 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi Gals, just wanted to know if anyone had been in Ruby Rouge boutique in Gorey, Co. Wexford? Was out with a bunch of girls last night and they were raving about it and said they travel down from Dublin to go to it regularly, I really need something amazing for an upcoming (posh!) wedding and half thinking about taking a spin down tomorrow. Had a look at their site and they had eXpose at their fashion show and its looks really cool. Anyone been there? is it worth me travelling from Dublin??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭sidelines

Heading there today so will let you know - 2 women on a mission to find frocks for brother's wedding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 icklechick

Heh - how did ye get on? Thanks to the horrible weather on Saturday I didn't make it down. I might be able to take a trip this week sometime tho.. Was in Dundrum yesterday but didn't find anything I really liked enough so I'm sorta hoping there might be something special down there...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Mrs JackDaniels

Hey
    i'm from Gorey and shop there all the time or when the bank balance allows it!!

its def worth the trip down they have loads of gorgeous dresses, shoes, tops, bags everything really. You'll def find something down there its like an aladdin's cave of girlyness (don't think thats a word)
    Just lookin at their website and it really doesn't do the shop justice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

I'm from Dublin and I love shopping in Gorey. Lots of really well stocked boutiques. Great if you want to get away from the normal High Street stuff.

Hey

Yes they have some lovely stock in there, dresses for both casual and wedding/event type, tops, shoes, accessories. Nice selection and lots of labels I hadn't seen in Dublin, price range is from about EUR 150 - 350 for dresses.

Definitely worth a trip, and it looked like there were some other lovely shops as well as places to eat in the town, but unfortunately due to the weather didn't get to check out anywhere else. Will be back - when the sales are on!

• Advertisement

ah thanks for the info guys. Well it sounds the same as the girls I met last week described. I;ve made my mind up to definetly go down this sat (whatever the weather!) - ... can't wait to be honest!

Will let ye know how I got on!

Just a quick update! Thanks to all for recommending Ruby to me, I eventually made it down last week and was so impressed! First thing that hit me when I went in the door was the colour and the buzz in the place, it was packed! I couldn't believe the choice they had and the amount of different labels, certainly better than most places I'd be to in Dublin, plus the girls in there were really nice and pleasent to deal with, none of the usual stuffiness or snobiness I've gotten in other boutiques that i'd better not mention! (or is that just me - does anyone else feel that way sometimes?)

The other thing I was suprised was with Gorey itself, i didn't think it would be such a big shopping town, but it seems to be full of clothes shops and also some nice little cafe's and delis. Theres a place just on main st (can't remember the name) thats like a little french cafe and does amazing food.

All I can say is i'll defo be back, I think their sale at start of July or something, but i want to bring my sister down to see it as she loves places like this.

icklechick wrote: »
    Just a quick update! Thanks to all for recommending Ruby to me, I eventually made it down last week and was so impressed! First thing that hit me when I went in the door was the colour and the buzz in the place, it was packed! I couldn't believe the choice they had and the amount of different labels, certainly better than most places I'd be to in Dublin, plus the girls in there were really nice and pleasent to deal with, none of the usual stuffiness or snobiness I've gotten in other boutiques that i'd better not mention! (or is that just me - does anyone else feel that way sometimes?)

The other thing I was suprised was with Gorey itself, i didn't think it would be such a big shopping town, but it seems to be full of clothes shops and also some nice little cafe's and delis. Theres a place just on main st (can't remember the name) thats like a little french cafe and does amazing food.

All I can say is i'll defo be back, I think their sale at start of July or something, but i want to bring my sister down to see it as she loves places like this.

Glad you liked our little part of the universe!

your welcome, its a really nice town... will recommend it to my friends!

To all those who PM'd me about this shop, just to let you know I got a text from them this evening to say their sale starts on Saturday morning! (They have a text alert thingy on their website that I subscribed to). I'm hopping in my car with my sister first thing sat! I hope they still have a few things left I tried on but couldn't afford last time :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

To all those who PM'd me about this shop, just to let you know I got a text from them this evening to say their sale starts on Saturday morning! (They have a text alert thingy on their website that I subscribed to). I'm hopping in my car with my sister first thing sat! I hope they still have a few things left I tried on but couldn't afford last time :rolleyes:

they do great sales you will find real bargains there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

i think the cafe your thinking of is partriges. im not hundred per cent sure if thats still open though.... lol i live in the town and drive past it at least twice a day so that shows how observant i am!

i think the cafe your thinking of is partriges. im not hundred per cent sure if thats still open though.... lol i live in the town and drive past it at least twice a day so that shows how observant i am!

It's still open!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'm driving through Gorey tomorrow, any other recommendations of places to visit?

heh gals..Ruby Rouge are doing a clearance sale at 50% and over starting today for all those who love it as much as i do! They also have an online shop now too to save the journey to Gorey - www.rubyrouge.ie/shop ...
    they do great sales you will find real bargains there!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

whats their size range like?:D

all_smilz wrote: »
    whats their size range like?:D

I reckon 6-16. Although the shop is not enormous they seemed to have a very good stock room with multiple sizes, not all of which were on display. Also they have lots of different styles, so they have stuff to suit different shapes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

heh gals..Ruby Rouge are doing a clearance sale at 50% and over starting today for all those who love it as much as i do! They also have an online shop now too to save the journey to Gorey - www.rubyrouge.ie/shop ...

That's one awful website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Pythia wrote: »
    That's one awful website.

That's what I thought when I saw it. I buy online all the time but if the website looks like that I wouldn't bother.

Advertisement