Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pix.ie Upload record attempt

• 05-06-2009 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

From Gadgetrepublic
    Some 7,200 photos from the Galway Volvo Ocean Race Festival have been uploaded onto the www.pix.ie website in a record-beating challenge, but the website wants to make it to 10,000 over the next 48 hours to land the Irish record for the fastest upload of digital images.

http://www.gadgetrepublic.com/news/item/694/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I wish i was there now to take some pics. Good luck with the record everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Good luck to the people judging the competition :) 10,000 photgraphs to review!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

If only i went up there with my 1D would of filled my cards and uploaded them all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Nisio wrote: »
    Good luck to the people judging the competition :) 10,000 photgraphs to review!

Yeah, I don't envy the judges for that one!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭holidayhere

I got 150 on Sunday.
    Any easy way to upload.
    They are about 4MB each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Marcus

That press release came from http://lookwest.ie who are sponsoring the VOR photo competition. Looks like they are going to make their target as I see there are now 9,652 photos uploaded! Woooh!
    I got 150 on Sunday.
    Any easy way to upload.
    They are about 4MB each.
    Start the upload and go to bed ;)

Thanks to everyone who took the time to participate and best of luck winning some of the prizes they have on offer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Marcus posted on twitter earlier this morning saying it had been reached:D Well done pix.ie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Now up to about 10,300 and still going strong!:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

If they want a stress tests, I could talk to a few Ukranian buddies...

Advertisement