Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three MMS/GPRS/ WEB settings

• 05-06-2009 10:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

I've just bought a samsung F490 for my son and he has a three sim card. Can someone be so kind and give me the settings for the MMS/GPRS/WEB?

N.B. I've called Three support but they told me since the handset was not bought from them they can't give me the settings believe it or not what a bunch of cowboys, even when I told them that I will port the number to another operator who can supply me with the settings but still they don't give a s**t.

rgds
    Zeppi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Zeppi wrote: »
    I've just bought a samsung F490 for my son and he has a three sim card. Can someone be so kind and give me the settings for the MMS/GPRS/WEB?

N.B. I've called Three support but they told me since the handset was not bought from them they can't give me the settings believe it or not what a bunch of cowboys, even when I told them that I will port the number to another operator who can supply me with the settings but still they don't give a s**t.

rgds
    Zeppi

All of 3's, as well as the other network operators', APN settings are in the FAQs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

thanks mate, I've managed to put the settings, but still I have a problem since the mobile is unlocked but inside the browser is branded vodafone, is there any way that when I access the internet can I set google as main page when i launch the browser?

rgds
    Zeppi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Zeppi wrote: »
    thanks mate, I've managed to put the settings, but still I have a problem since the mobile is unlocked but inside the browser is branded vodafone, is there any way that when I access the internet can I set google as main page when i launch the browser?

rgds
    Zeppi

I'm not very familiar with the F490's user interface unfortunately. You've probably already checked this, but when you open the browser and select Options, is there an option to change the homepage? I checked the manual, but there's very little information on the available browser options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

cheers I will have a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 costello2s

Quick query, do 3 allow access to internet while on 2g(vodafone) for new customers. My friend recently signed up and can only search via google and get results and and access my 3 info only. But can access internet while in 3g coverage.

I ask because I dont have this issue but i am a customer for a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

can anyone clarify this for certain? I can access data ok and i have no data add on, just my friend cannot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

costello2s wrote: »
    can anyone clarify this for certain? I can access data ok and i have no data add on, just my friend cannot?

It's supposed to be the case but I've found that sometimes have internet I have internet access in 2G coverage and sometimes I don't. I'm thinking that they have some of their own 2G coverage in certain places because it penetrates further into buildings than 3G.

Were the two of you in the same place when you could access the net and he couldn't?

same room, iv always had data on 2g,

• Advertisement

Quick query, do 3 allow access to internet while on 2g(vodafone) for new customers. My friend recently signed up and can only search via google and get results and and access my 3 info only. But can access internet while in 3g coverage.

I ask because I dont have this issue but i am a customer for a few years.

Can anyone give me clarification on this pls, both bill pay customers too!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Can anyone give me clarification on this pls, both bill pay customers too!!!!

What I've given you is the best clarification that I've come across. Officially they don't but it seems to work sometimes for reasons unknown

Sam their customer care/tech support advise data only in 3g area too. But as iv said I have always had access myself on different phones and different areas without fail. This is disappointing for my friend as its very restriciting not having any data access. They will allow my 3 access and access to stupid games,music and pix.

Advertisement