Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Croke Park 2009 - all discussion, no ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭evolutionix

I'm in block 302 lower tier in cusack. 2 blocks down from hill. I hope this will ok???

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭evolutionix

Btw are camcorders allowed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ninejean

I got a mail from ticketmaster saying, amongst other things, that camcorders won't be allowed. I'm three blocks down on Hogan side so here's hoping! Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Whats the story with on-street parking in Dublin...if I arrive at 6 do I need to put a ticket on the car????????? Was going to park around The Point/East Wall area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

BopNiblets wrote: »
    I got a pitch ticket just this evening for Saturday, I thought they'd be all sold out by now!
    Instant suspicion, what's the catch?! Is Saturday the uncool night to go, will it just be me and U2? :p
    Heh.

I'll be there on Sat Niblets - I'll wave at you from the other side of the stadium ;-)

to be honest I don't think any of the nights are sold out - especially the €130 seats, most concerts aren't selling out at the minute - despite the "sold out in minutes" rubbish on ticketmaster........sign of the times I guess....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

NIBBS wrote: »
    I'll be there on Sat Niblets - I'll wave at you from the other side of the stadium ;-)

to be honest I don't think any of the nights are sold out - especially the €130 seats, most concerts aren't selling out at the minute - despite the "sold out in minutes" rubbish on ticketmaster........sign of the times I guess....

From what i gather tickets were sold out, its the recently added production tickets that are available for Sat and Mon nights.
    Apparently production tickets are those added after the dimensions or the stage were worked out and remaining space left over.
    When tickets were sold they left enough space for the stage plus some as a precautionary measure,this was because when tickets were sold stage#1 was only being conctructed in belgium with finished dimensions not yet finalised so for each venue they only sold tickets for space they were 100% sure of being available.
    The "production tickets" are sold when remaining space is calculated at each venue close to the date of the shows, its the same scenario for all the show apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭techdiver

Dcully wrote: »
    From what i gather tickets were sold out, its the recently added production tickets that are available for Sat and Mon nights.

doesn't seem to be any Saturday tickets left on ticketmaster anyway. Seems to be loads left for tonight and Monday though. Odd that they are still restricing those shows to 6 per person, at this stage they should let people buy as many as they want??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Heading to get the train from Newbridge at 12:26 to dublin . Then we meet up with a friend of mine for food then head for drinks and head up to croker about 8 :) . Lets hope we get good weather but not getting my hopes up

Is there any reason why people aren't buying up the production seats? From what I can tell, they should be some of the best seats in the house. Are people wary of them for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭techdiver

ninejean wrote: »
    Is there any reason why people aren't buying up the production seats? From what I can tell, they should be some of the best seats in the house. Are people wary of them for some reason?

Been looking on ticketmaster out of interest and have seen that some of the tickets are ok and some are not. I can't understand why these are classed as production seats as these are static stand seats that have always been there, and they are by no means the best seats in the house. They should have just sold them in the original sale instead of holding them back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

ninejean wrote: »
    There are that many tickets going around the place for sale at well below face value could be one of the main reasons.

Why buy from ticketmaster when friendly and colleagues are selling them at below face value. Toutless have people selling tickets two for the price of one.

I imagine the average person the street thought they could make a quick buck through causal touting for this one, what else can explain the amount of tickets still for sale through third parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

wellbutty wrote: »
    Whats the story with on-street parking in Dublin...if I arrive at 6 do I need to put a ticket on the car????????? Was going to park around The Point/East Wall area

Good plan.

it can only get clamped , towed or nicked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Pal wrote: »
    Good plan.

it can only get clamped , towed or nicked.

My money's on it gettin nicked

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

just picked up 2 this morning for monday night on cusack stand.
    thought we'd never get them.......

COME ON,
    YEAH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bluetonic wrote: »
    I imagine the average person the street thought they could make a quick buck through causal touting for this one, what else can explain the amount of tickets still for sale through third parties.

I really do hope that is what happened. Serves them right.

the economic climate will ensure there are plenty of tickets about.

Huge amount available last Saturday night in Berlin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

My money's on it gettin nicked

Ok thanks for that...maybe out around Dalymount is a better place

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭bacon?

Bluetonic wrote: »
    There are that many tickets going around the place for sale at well below face value could be one of the main reasons.

Why buy from ticketmaster when friendly and colleagues are selling them at below face value. Toutless have people selling tickets two for the price of one.

ha ha, touts loose.

there was a guy on the train this morning with an a4 poster, "u2 tickets for sale" walking up and down.

i'd say there'll be a rake load of touts outside trying to hok tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Mossy Monk wrote: »

I'm with you Mossy - sooner the better this stuff gets knocked on the head, and a bad experience of these clowns will more than likely make it a little easier for fans of bands to actually get tickets for gigs......

I know there's tonnes of tickets knocking around, was told of one particular company where there's a load of them up for sale.......economic climate has a little to do with it, I also think that although still being a huge band, they may have lost a bit of their following over recent times.......
    there's definitely too many people trying to turn a quick profit......this time I think they'll be burned...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i have to say not being 360 is a big deal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

i have to say not being 360 is a big deal

I dont , i can only sit in one seat at a time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Dcully wrote: »
    I dont , i can only sit in one seat at a time :)
    Indeed, the visual field of the human eye spans approximately 120 degrees of arc. However, most of that arc is peripheral vision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

in action at tripod about 10 months ago...

mesmerising,

try not to miss it....

you may see why he was picked by

-I suspect - the edge:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Can anyone else hear them doing the sound check now?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

My mate of mine who works at Croker heard them do Elevation and Streets yesterday.

Not sure if it was on here, but I read that there were several pubs on O'Connoll st that have U2 tribute bands on today till Monday. Anyone know the name of any? I cant find the site I saw the info on. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Mossy Monk wrote: »

I suspect alot of people tried to make money on touting tickets .
    Ireland is a small country and the promoter PR machine went into overdrive trying to sell out the gigs.RTE helped them out with their constant plugging.
    People panicked and bought any tickets they could especially the 130 euro ones.
    130 euro is alot of money for a ticket and I suspect alot of people have been caught with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Hope the weather clears up for anyone heading later. Thurder/lightening here in town atm. :eek:
    Going tomorrow meself so fingers crossed Sat gets good weather.

SB-08 wrote: »
    My mate of mine who works at Croker heard them do Elevation and Streets yesterday.

Not sure if it was on here, but I read that there were several pubs on O'Connoll st that have U2 tribute bands on today till Monday. Anyone know the name of any? I cant find the site I saw the info on. Cheers.

Murrays, top of O'Connell Street.

I went in at lunchtime but its a fan club party upstairs and they have a list of names which a bouncer is checking.

Ridiculous. makes no sense.
    Have U2 HQ banner outside, the pub is empty and they don't let the punters in.

You would think in this climate that they would like to have had my business.

taconnol wrote: »

Yep, listening to 'Beautiful Day' here in Merrion Square

• Advertisement

taconnol wrote: »

I'm listening to the waterboys in Drumcondra!!

Advertisement