Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Croke Park 2009 - all discussion, no ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

Any good club nights on monday after this, will be looking to keep the party goin and as it end at 11 its perfect for getting into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

NIBBS wrote: »
    I'm with you Mossy - sooner the better this stuff gets knocked on the head, and a bad experience of these clowns will more than likely make it a little easier for fans of bands to actually get tickets for gigs......

Real fans will be members of the fan club and have access to presale tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

gscully wrote: »
    Rubbish.

No further comment needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Just heard a report on the radio that the stage was hit by lightening and tonight’s show is cancelled!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Any good club nights on monday after this, will be looking to keep the party goin and as it end at 11 its perfect for getting into town.

well that depends on what age you are.Although I woudln't be the biggest fan of this club.There are great special offers in 21s on dolier street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 peterwhit

I'm meeting some people to give them tickets to the Cusack Stand, but my seats are in the Hogan stand. Can we all go in one entrance and then make my way around to the other stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

jaysus 21s? town will be busy enough i'd imagine to not having to resort to clubs for 18s!!!

EDIT: i'm obviously presuming you;re older!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ninejean

peterwhit wrote: »
    I'm meeting some people to give them tickets to the Cusack Stand, but my seats are in the Hogan stand. Can we all go in one entrance and then make my way around to the other stand?

You could meet somewhere on Clonliffe Road but will have to go seperate ways after that. See seating plan access routes http://www.ticketmaster.ie/seatingchart/196746/12608

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭srmufc

any stage times for later?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

6:30 then 7:30 then 9 for U2, hearing thunder out here so i'm happy i'm in a coporate box :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Dcully wrote: »
    I dont , i can only sit in one seat at a time :)

ok from your point of view maybe not, but from their point of view it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

LOL. Nothing more needs to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

afraid Bluetonic is right, it's rubbish, being a member of a fan club no longer really means that much......with the number of presales around for different events and some gigs offering tickets with Fan Club membership there's no reason why touts won't get fan club membership to get extra tickets......

there's always tonnes of tickets up on Ebay right after Fan Club presales, hard to stop really, but I'd like to see them try.....

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭M007

Anyone know the times for Saturday evening??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭techdiver

M007 wrote: »
    Anyone know the times for Saturday evening??

Thanks

I assume the times are the same regardless of the day. 6.30 (Republic of Loose) 7.30 (Kaiser Chiefs) and 9pm (U2).

NIBBS wrote: »
    afraid Bluetonic is right, it's rubbish, being a member of a fan club no longer really means that much......with the number of presales around for different events and some gigs offering tickets with Fan Club membership there's no reason why touts won't get fan club membership to get extra tickets......

there's always tonnes of tickets up on Ebay right after Fan Club presales, hard to stop really, but I'd like to see them try.....

I agree that touts can also exploit this area to get tickets, but my point is that if a fan wants to ensure they can get tickets for U2, then their best bet is to be part of the fan-club. It's the only way I've been able to make getting tickets a certainty.

Things are a lot different this year with the economic climate, but for Vertigo, I tried to get additional tickets for other nights and didn't have a hope. Being in the fan-club has made it easier for me to get tickets. How anyone can call that notion rubbish is beyond me!

ah come on the pre sales sold out, how was it a certainty?

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Rubbish.

No further comment needed.
    Mossy Monk wrote: »
    LOL. Nothing more needs to be said.

Are you disputing that the best chance for a genuine fan to get a ticket is through being part of the fan club?

That's the only point I'm making here!

People who are indifferent to the band won't go as far as joining the official fan club, but fans who genuinely long to see the group may not have access to ticketmaster (or any success on their website), so being part of the presale gives them a good chance of getting a ticket.

Tell me, what is rubbish about that?

ah come on the pre sales sold out, how was it a certainty?

Are you sure about that??? As far as I know, the presale was available three days before the general sale for certain level of membership, and two days for other levels. They continued to be available for a certain time. I was able to get tickets for the Saturday night gig on presale, and then more tickets for the same night on the general sale, and the Saturday night concert was the fastest-selling!

Tell me, what is rubbish about that?
    By your rational every should join the fan club to ensure they get tickets, but then doesn't that then lead to the same problem as before raise it's head as more people join the fan club. Fools and their money.

'Real Fans'.... don't make me laugh. Rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

jaysus 21s? town will be busy enough i'd imagine to not having to resort to clubs for 18s!!!

EDIT: i'm obviously presuming you;re older!

Oh yes, mid 20's up. Most places dont open late monday, clubs and late bars included, so was just wondering has anyone heard of places opening up til late on what, you would imagine, will be a fairly busy night. (Not Coppers)

By your rational every should join the fan club to ensure they get tickets, but then doesn't that then lead to the same problem as before raise it's head as more people join the fan club. Fools and their money.

'Real Fans'.... don't make me laugh. Rubbish.

No, my rationale is that the best chance for a fan to get a ticket is to be part of the fan-club. That is not rubbish!

I never suggested that everyone join the fan-club :rolleyes:

No, my rationale is that the best chance for a fan to get a ticket is to be part of the fan-club. That is not rubbish!
    Joining a fan club does not guarantee you a ticket, and therefore you can't say it's better than other methods.

While we're here what is a 'real fan'?

ps Why the use of a sarcasm smiley when you weren't using sarcasm?

i could be wrong but i was under the impression that the presales sold out, definitely for the vertigo tour any way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Are you disputing that the best chance for a genuine fan to get a ticket is through being part of the fan club?

I am disputing your Real Fans are members of the fan club line.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I am disputing your Real Fans are members of the fan club line.
    So was I to be honest MM - I just got drawn into the other debate.

Still love to know what a 'real fan' is. I though that sort of talk only goes on over on the Soccer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 WarlikeRogue

I'll open the back door of my gaff around seven tonight so! Get the whole gig for free. Yes I am that cheap!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

So was I to be honest MM - I just got drawn into the other debate.

Still love to know what a 'real fan' is. I though that sort of talk only goes on over on the Soccer forum.

I think that scully was refferroing to Real Fans as opposed to people buying tickets to sell them.......and I guess more dedicated fans of the band.....

scully - I take your point that the Fanclub route generally gives you a better chance of getting tickets for shows, but times have changed, for example I don't think you'd have the same advantage if they play in the O2 - aren't seats out of bounds because they are held for Premium Club members of the venue - this sort of thing and mobile phone companies having their customers get the same advantages as Fanclub members in presales makes a laugh of the whole thing...........and as the lads have said being in the Fanclub is no gaurantee that the people are real fans of the band.....

anyway - going off topic here too much.......will be there tomorrow night too, first time to see U2 live, a mate had a spare ticket so I decided to take in the experience........enjoy it, as I'm sure you will....:D

Why do people keep asking what the stage times are every page ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

so. Off to my first gig now :)
    See everyone there !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Gates opened at 5pm not 6pm as was announced by MCD.Typical.:rolleyes:

Advertisement