Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Croke Park 2009 - all discussion, no ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rathlyon

Hey Freeman AND other red Zoners

I am so delighted to have won the auction for red zone Monday after reading your post!! Your video looks great

What time do you recommend collecting the tickets and heading in at? We have to travel from carlow and get babysitters organised so every minute counts!!

Hope you get this in time and thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Springsteen has a set list done up pre-gig like anyone else

Erm, I'm afraid to enlighten you that No he doesn't. He has a 2 songs he begins with and then he performs the other tracks dependent on how the crowd are after those 2 songs, let me once again say it he does not have a set list planned like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jennywren

Hey Guys

I am going tonight and have a pitch ticket - whats the deal with the RED ZONE ??? were they specific tickets you could buy ? Where do you recommend I stand to get the best of the show - can't wait !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

NIBBS wrote: »
    like I already said Mossy - I expect there to be space on the pitch for any stadium gig - but not that much, and from whats being said around it definitely wasnt full........it doesnt really matter - I'll be happy if it's the same tonight, and I would think the view from near the back will be pretty good, just in case I dont fancy the mill around up near the front.....

I'm a little surprised by the number of songs off the new album, but of course thats their business as they are touring it - very odd to open with 4 tracks off it, I always think they should mix new tracks in rather than risk a dead patch during a gig......

The only put the capacity of Hill 16 (circa 13,000) onto the pitch so it was never going to "look full".

Fantastic show last night and really enjoyed. Was right up the front. Stage was amazing and nearly spent half of the time looking up into it. Good set played and the band really looked like they were enjoying the homecoming. Sound was spot on too. Even though the Claw is a monster of a stage it seemed a bit more "intimate" when compared with the Vertigo stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Splendour wrote: »
    Thanks for posted pics and feedback. So looking forward to monday's gig having read thrrough this thread. Anyone get to station in time for the DART? Last time I was at concert in Croke Park, I managed to miss it though I thought it didn't leave till 11.30.

We walked to Connolly after the concert and got straight on a dart. Left around 23.35. There were a further 4 darts scheduled southbound from then until 12.25 and 4 or 5 going northbound too I think. So you shouldn't have a problem. There were huge amounts of people traveling by DART.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    they had it at the Hill 16 end! thee pitch was really empty, half full! good night though, Ill go sat n mon night now an get the ppl sellin tickets for 10 euro! tons of them for pennies, shocking!

Reckon I'll get a ticket at a reasonable price tonight? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Heading off to Dublin in 5 minutes, so I don't have time to check the entire thread. Are cameras allowed in? I know there are some photos above but I'm not sure if they're camerphone photos? Thanks

The official notice says (if I remember correctly) that no cameras with a lense diameter larger than 2 inches is allowed in. You shouldn't have a problem bringing in a compact digital camera in. I had no problem bringing mine in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭free-man

rathlyon wrote: »

I am so delighted to have won the auction for red zone Monday after reading your post!! Your video looks great

What time do you recommend collecting the tickets and heading in at? We have to travel from carlow and get babysitters organised so every minute counts!!

Nicely done! Basically the doors were 6.30pm last night we arrived about 8pm and were 1 row back from the rail.

If you want to be right at the rail you should probably leave a little earlier.

The key is to position yourself where the bridge is as that's where the band will come out and its amazing (for me) to see the guys so close, edge is such an great performer, larry looks like hes forced up there with that bongo! :)

Anyways enjoy the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

rathlyon wrote: »

The redzone was great last night,brilliant view and plenty of space.

I collected my tickets around 3:30 while there was no rush on.
    It dosen't matter what time you get in at because you'll still get a great spot.

Here's a few pictures i took that will give you an idea of your view from the redzone.
    3753142931_25e578a58c.jpg?v=0

3753939276_74b897e45e.jpg?v=0

3753141277_d3c0230cf9.jpg?v=0

kennyu272 wrote: »
    The redzone was great last night,brilliant view and plenty of space.

It dosen't matter what time you get in at because you'll still get a great spot.

Here's a few pictures i took that will give you an idea of your view from the redzone.
    3753142931_25e578a58c.jpg?v=0

Nice photos man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 rathlyon

free-man wrote: »
    Nicely done! Basically the doors were 6.30pm last night we arrived about 8pm and were 1 row back from the rail.

If you want to be right at the rail you should probably leave a little earlier.

The key is to position yourself where the bridge is as that's where the band will come out and its amazing (for me) to see the guys so close, edge is such an great performer, larry looks like hes forced up there with that bongo! :)

Anyways enjoy the night!
    Thanks Freeman!! Cant wait to get there. Got ticket last week on ticketmaster auction for 95 each

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Reckon I'll get a ticket at a reasonable price tonight? :cool:

Oh yes! i reckon u will get 2 decent tickets for 40-50 tops!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

:O
    Wow. That was insane. Surpassed my expectations 10 times over.
    All i can say is bring on tonight.
    ill post up a few pics soon when i get em off the camera

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

kennyu272 wrote: »

What's this abut collecting tickets? I thought the print off from the ticketmaster website was an official ticket?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

How close to the front can normal pitch tickets get? Is there a pit other than the red Zone? If so, how early were people there to get in?

Got within 10 feet of the very front rail on vertigo tour so really wanna try replicate that.

How close to the front can normal pitch tickets get? Is there a pit other than the red Zone? If so, how early were people there to get in?

Got within 10 feet of the very front rail on vertigo tour so really wanna try replicate that.

You can get into the pit with GA as far as I know. You'd have to queue though.. and yeh the pit is closer to the stage then the red zone, you don't get to see the light show but you're close to the band - just dont get stuck under one of the bridges!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Good old Health and Safety ,how did civilisation and life survive for Billions of years without it.
    Er maybe Life with a capital L survived but tell that to the poor sods that didn't make it.

Edit:free-man - 'soiler', heh..

taconnol wrote: »
    Er maybe Life with a capital L survived but tell that to the poor sods that didn't make it.

Edit:free-man - 'soiler', heh..

Soiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭irelandhouse

the most excellent concert!

started : damien dempsey - brilliant, really got the crowd into it. very good performer and good tunes

glasvegas: em, have 285 photos taken and havent one of them on it - honestly imho they shouldnt have bothered, at the least they should have gone first.

u2 : brilliant, from Larry walking on and the 3 coming Through the stage, it was an excellent and exciting gig, crowds going nuts!, if you can get a ticket get one if you havent already.

would highly recommend it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

free-man wrote: »
    Soiler?
    Doh, it was irelandhouse & s/he just corrected it . Sorry man, just being puerile.

Ahem, on topic - last night was just brilliant. I'll put up some pics a bit later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

The night was so SO good! We had amazing seats down near the front with the perfect view!The atmosphere was amazing and everyone was really into it, the best I have seen them!! The stage was unbelievable!:D Enjoy it tonight everyone, you'll love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

class performance last night, legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    Oh yes! i reckon u will get 2 decent tickets for 40-50 tops!

:eek:

Great stuff! Unbelievable live band - I can't wait! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

A few weeks ago i was praising the ACDC gig but Oh My God this was on another level.
    This is the new benchmark that everything else must be judged on, simply spectacular,ive seen U2 eight times and this was the best gig ive ever been to from any act.
    Sensational stuff alltogether, they got an amazing ovation at the end and the band seemed genuinely thrilled with their nights work.
    Anyone going to the remaining shows your in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Splendour wrote: »
    What's this abut collecting tickets? I thought the print off from the ticketmaster website was an official ticket?!!

Redzone tickets have to be collected at the ticketmaster box office before the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Anyone hazard a guess on what time the Kaiser Chiefs will kick off tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

U2 were very good. The crowd was a little subdued though, the athmosphere was good, just not electric. Maybe thats just what you get in an outdoor concert. The gig was way better than Croke park 4 years ago anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

NIBBS wrote: »
    like I already said Mossy - I expect there to be space on the pitch for any stadium gig - but not that much

It is quite normal to have a lot of space. They are not going to go close to filling a pitch for a concert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

will there many standing tickets available tonight like last night for sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

siochain wrote: »
    class performance last night, legends.
    To be honest I had a great time,great gig..............but personally thought last time was a better show. Lets see how they are on Monday.

Thought the Claw was over-rated. Loved the 360 screen though.

Advertisement