Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Croke Park 2009 - all discussion, no ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

I know its been asked a million times but just quickly, if anyone who was at the gig last night could tell me...

GA ticket, better off in or out of the pit? i love being up close at gigs, but i hate the whole once your at the front your stuck there, cant leave to go jax or get a drink cos you wont get your spot back..plus i dont wanna miss anything if theres a tall person in front of me..

basically, what time would i wanna get there to get in the pit, do they give you a wrist band or anything?

thanks for any answers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Dacian wrote: »
    To be honest I had a great time,great gig..............but personally thought last time was a better show. Lets see how they are on Monday.

Thought the Claw was over-rated. Loved the 360 screen though.

did you watch the show when it got dark ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rocky4

Can anyone tell me where the ticket master box office is? Have tickets reserved for cusack stand, but have to pick them up. Also, are there bars in croke park? Thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Great gig last night. there were many highlights, three standouts were for me the acoustic version of stuck in a moment, light my way and Walk on.

If i had one slight disappointment it would be the last song they play, moment of surrender, not a bad song but as a closer...plus just watching them walk off like that, it was just sorta odd...

great gig all in all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    It is quite normal to have a lot of space. They are not going to go close to filling a pitch for a concert

ok ok I give up ;-)

all I was trying to say is that personally I thought there was more space than usual at the back - that's all, I'll have a better idea if it's the same tonight when I'm there......

might bring my bigger camera along tongiht - lense less than 2" and it's not removeable, so that should be fine from what has been printed and what people have said - shouldn't it ???
    just has a better optical zoom on it, be nice to get a few decent shots of the setup........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    Oh yes! i reckon u will get 2 decent tickets for 40-50 tops!

Seriously? I find this really hard to believe.. How can there be 10 euro tickets to a U2 concert? I mean Rep Of Loose on there own would have tickets more, let alone the Kaisier Cheifs. Were all the touts around Croker selling them this cheeply? If so, I will def be going back in tonight and try and get tickets. Last night was amazing, but the support was crap imo. Damien did not suit Croker at all, and Glasvegas were their usual appaulingly bad self. U2 were amazing tho, and I would love to go again tonight. Where did you see the cheap tickets? And do you think now that it is known how cheap they are going for, there is much point in going in to try and get one? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

fluke wrote: »

If i had one slight disappointment it would be the last song they play, moment of surrender, not a bad song but as a closer...plus just watching them walk off like that, it was just sorta odd...

great gig all in all

We agreed that the last song wasnt really the best choice to end the night on, we kept waiting for them to come back on stage!Apart from that great!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

SB-08 wrote: »
    Seriously? I find this really hard to believe.. How can there be 10 euro tickets to a U2 concert? I mean Rep Of Loose on there own would have tickets more, let alone the Kaisier Cheifs. Were all the touts around Croker selling them this cheeply? If so, I will def be going back in tonight and try and get tickets. Last night was amazing, but the support was crap imo. Damien did not suit Croker at all, and Glasvegas were their usual appaulingly bad self. U2 were amazing tho, and I would love to go again tonight. Where did you see the cheap tickets? And do you think now that it is known how cheap they are going for, there is much point in going in to try and get one? Cheers

I've seen this at quite a few gigs this year. Slane tickets were going for 40 euro. Bruce Springsteen tickets for something similar on the Sunday. Tonight is obviously going to be the busiest night so I'm not sure if they'd be so cheap. Monday will definetely be a giveaway..

I just noticed that they knocked out Brendan Behans Auld Triangle.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I'm going tonight. What time did the lads come out at, and what time did it end at?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

ian_m wrote: »
    I'm going tonight. What time did the lads come out at, and what time did it end at?

As i said earlier they came on at 20:50 , the drinkers propping up the bars were caught out bigtime.
    They finished at 23:00 just about on the dot.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dowlinj

Was in the lower Cusack, near the Davin end. Awful seats, sound and view were terrible. We immediately moved down on to the pitch. I'd recommend anyone with similar tickets try and do the same. Otherwise bring a pair of binoculars and a good pair of ears!

Once I moved gig was great. Not the greatest U2 concert I've seen though, thought the atmosphere was slightly subdued.

Republic of Loose and Kaiser Chefs should warm the crowd up a bit - hopefully there's a good atmosphere...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

dowlinj wrote: »
    Was in the lower Cusack, near the Davin end. Awful seats, sound and view were terrible. We immediately moved down on to the pitch. I'd recommend anyone with similar tickets try and do the same. Otherwise bring a pair of binoculars and a good pair of ears!

Once I moved gig was great. Not the greatest U2 concert I've seen though, thought the atmosphere was slightly subdued.

Sound was great everywhere i tought as your the first ive heard mention poor sound.
    As for subdued, are you sure you were in croker and not one of the many tribute bands around the city ? :)
    I thought it was electric from magnificent onwards [which was song 3 or 4], everyone standing in the stands from then onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Famous45 wrote: »
    Erm, I'm afraid to enlighten you that No he doesn't. He has a 2 songs he begins with and then he performs the other tracks dependent on how the crowd are after those 2 songs, let me once again say it he does not have a set list planned like everyone else.

i really hate to spoil your romantic notion of the e-street band, but thats not true, probably just an urban myth you've allowed yourself to believe.

if there was no set list how would the roadies know wat instruments were needed on the stage? how would band members start songs when they'd have no idea wat they are meant to be playing?

and here's a couple of set lists taken from the stage at Bruce concerts

large_scan0008.jpg
    Springsteen_Austin_Set_List_2.jpg
    Undead wrote: »
    I know its been asked a million times but just quickly, if anyone who was at the gig last night could tell me...

GA ticket, better off in or out of the pit? i love being up close at gigs, but i hate the whole once your at the front your stuck there, cant leave to go jax or get a drink cos you wont get your spot back..plus i dont wanna miss anything if theres a tall person in front of me..

basically, what time would i wanna get there to get in the pit, do they give you a wrist band or anything?

thanks for any answers:)

was in the pit last nightm, and it was great, really amazing. got to croke park at about 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Dcully wrote: »
    As for subdued, are you sure you were in croker and not one of the many tribute bands around the city ? :)
    Other people have already said in this thread that the crowd weren't anything special.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

did you watch the show when it got dark ?
    Of course. Was at the half way line in upper Cusack stand. Honestly thought the lightshow was better last time. The Claw I'm sure obscured some peoples view of the band. If I was slightly further away don't think we could have seen Larry,granted he was quite mall from where I was.

Think I liked the 4 individual panels of the last tour,personal taste i suppose. Have always been there for the band and the sound rather than the background images.

The Pit looked as if people were coming and going throughout the night.

The entrance was very subdued. And the ending on Moment of Surrender also subdued,ending a bit damp rather than on a high as I remember from previous U2 gigs. Didn't they finish with Elevation last time?

In terms of the crowd could it be that there was a lot of foreign fans there? Seemed to be a large precentage of tourists near me. If I remember right last time the 3rd gig was deemed the best as it had the most Irish fans.

Will have to bring my larger camera on Monday. Didn't want to risk it last night but saw lots of others with SLRs.

As always Bloody Sunday gave me goosebumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

dowlinj wrote: »

What section & row were you in? Were they the €130 tickets?

Anyone else in the lower Cusack or Hogan? What did ye think of the seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TOB

What would happen if you did bring an SLR camera? Would they confiscate it, refuse you entry? I was at the opening night in Barcelona (what a gig!!) and didn't bring my Nikon D40 but there were loads of cameras so wondering if I should risk it...

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭violenza

Hi Mr Alan, had you got much freedom to come and go from the pit before U2 came on. Was in the pit for the Vertigo show you accessed the toilets/bars from the top exit, from the pics here it looks like you have to go back through the crowd to the back of the pitch.
    thanks in advance

• Advertisement

H8GHOTI wrote: »

Section 315, QQ. Tickets cost me €90ish. Was a shocking place to catch the gig from. I also had a friend who was in a section near this and he was really upset about the quality of the sound. I'm just glad I moved. Shame it was only a 270 degree affair as I felt this took from what the experience was meant to offer. Empty Hill looked bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

kennyu272 wrote: »
    Redzone tickets have to be collected at the ticketmaster box office before the gig.

Ah, I'm in the Cusack stand so I pressume the print off will do?

Republic of Loose and Kaiser Chefs should warm the crowd up a bit - hopefully there's a good atmosphere...

yeah im really looking forward to the warm up acts tonight. As opposed to the trip last night. Glasvegas where utter hopeless, ok i cought the end of damien dempsy and he was good imo but whe crowd didnt seem interested.
    Is there was way to get on the pitch if you have a ticket for the lower stands
    Have a ticket for the hogan lower but would love to get on the pitch after seeing last night

Splendour wrote: »
    Ah, I'm in the Cusack stand so I pressume the print off will do?

yeah it will. Saw loads of people handing their print offs to the stewards to find their seats last night

Dcully wrote: »
    Sound was great everywhere i tought as your the first ive heard mention poor sound.
    I thought it was electric from magnificent onwards [which was song 3 or 4], everyone standing in the stands from then onwards.

Yes, sound was very poor where I was sitting at the start, serious lack of volume. When I go to a rock concert I expect to be able to hear the songs.
    Hate to spoil your ideal notion of the gig but, IMHO it definitely was not the best U2 concert of all time, though a very good concert nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Hi. Iv got 2 tickets in the Davin Stand upper tier for tonight. If im not happy with the view would I be allowed to move to standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

We were in row k of the hogan stand, had amazing seats and really felt involved with the whole crowd, was fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ninejean

We got some of the production seats in lower Hogan, section 334 and concert was amazing from there. Sound great, atmosphere great and great views over the rest of the stadium. I thought pitch was chocker from where I was but obviously not. Definitely worth the 130 euros. For anyone with production seats near where mine were, you're in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I've seen this at quite a few gigs this year. Slane tickets were going for 40 euro. Bruce Springsteen tickets for something similar on the Sunday. Tonight is obviously going to be the busiest night so I'm not sure if they'd be so cheap. Monday will definetely be a giveaway..

What is the cheapest you think tickets will go for tonight? Im wondering whether its worth heading in or not. And I pressume the ones going for a tenner are the 30 quid tickets? Cheers

Btw, was in the Davis Stand last night and the sound was great. Ive been to a good few gigs in Croker before and never one where most people sitting were standing for most of the gig. Atmosphere was electric.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

yeah it will. Saw loads of people handing their print offs to the stewards to find their seats last night

Cheers overexcitedaj. Hope I enjoy as much as most folk here seem to have done :)

Advertisement