Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Croke Park 2009 - all discussion, no ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Does anyone know if you can get into standing if you have a seating ticket or are they very strict? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Have tickets for section 302 row HH in the lower cusack.

They were 130 each but by the looks of it I won't have a great view - it's from the side.

Are they ok seats or should I try to get somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

what time are gates open tonight?

and any idea when any of the supporting acts start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭culabula88

JM MARCONI wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can get into standing if you have a seating ticket or are they very strict? Thanks

i was at it last night. a few people from the lower hogan stepped over the barrier when the stewards werent looking. Any that were caught we asked to go back, but kept trying until they were successful.There was a good bit of standing space on the pitch, but this seemed to fill up more as the concert went on probably due to people getting over the barriers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭culabula88

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

They were 130 each but by the looks of it I won't have a great view - it's from the side.

should be ok. youll see it all on the screen and be close to the action albeit looking in from the side. personally if i was going again I would get the cheaper seats in the davin stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dowlinj

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'd say they'd be good seats. You've got a good side view of the stage from there and the sound should be good. Close to the action!

JM MARCONI wrote: »

I just walked down to the pitch entrance (with 3 other people) and nobody thoroughly checked our tickets and we all walked straight through. Keep trying!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Finding it hard to get standing tickets for Monday night. What are the chances of getting two GA standing tickets outside Croke Park Monday evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

conzymaher wrote: »
    Finding it hard to get standing tickets for Monday night. What are the chances of getting two GA standing tickets outside Croke Park Monday evening?

Did you try toutless?
    http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3899

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Pal wrote: »
    Murrays, top of O'Connell Street.

I went in at lunchtime but its a fan club party upstairs and they have a list of names which a bouncer is checking.

Ridiculous. makes no sense.
    Have U2 HQ banner outside, the pub is empty and they don't let the punters in.

What? It was PACKED yesterday. It was only upstairs that was guestlist and it's a pretty small area, plus we paid €300 or so for the privilage.

The band were on in the living room out the back, the beer garden was full too. You could have gotten in no problem, just upstairs was fenced off but once they band started we all went down anyway.

I have no idea what you're on about. Of course at lunchtime not many people had turned up but it got busy from 3pm or so and was savage.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Sent about 10 PMs on toutless waiting on replies... Not looking good.. Is it too risky to try get a ticket Monday outside croke park?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sent about 10 PMs on toutless waiting on replies... Not looking good.. Is it too risky to try get a ticket Monday outside croke park?

There were loads going cheap outside last night, I'm gonna try get one tonight. GA standing not guaranteed but you'll get something.

If all else fails you'll at least get a seat in the stand from ticketmaster, €33.60 I think?

Not risky at all. There were loads of people selling tickets outside. You'll get one at less than face value outside...guaranteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

going tonight and have seated upper tier tickets and the GF just told me she wants to be on the pitch, will security allow us onto the pitch or is there anything i can do apart from sawpping them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

dowlinj wrote: »
    Yes, sound was very poor where I was sitting at the start, serious lack of volume. When I go to a rock concert I expect to be able to hear the songs.
    Hate to spoil your ideal notion of the gig but, IMHO it definitely was not the best U2 concert of all time, though a very good concert nonetheless.

I said it was the best ive been to, where exactly did i say best u2 concert of all time?
    As for "serious lack of volume" maybe clean your ears out :P
    You do realise they had to limit the volume for croker dont you?
    As the sound guy O Herlihy said on 2fm Thursday morning they had to operate the sound at 65% of what they are allowed in every other venue.
    Despite that the sound was pretty damn loud and clear to me, i had to shout to speak to anyone beside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Looks like Bell X1 are on first on Monday night, not second as stated previously:
    http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=21081442&blogId=502127346

Was planning on getting there for 7:30.
    Now I'll have to be there for 6:30, go to the bar for The Script with my ear plugs in and come back in for U2 :pac:

Tonights is probably the other way around as well.
    Why did they advertise them the wrong way around :confused:

Dcully wrote: »
    I said it was the best ive been to, where exactly did i say best u2 concert of all time?
    You do realise they had to limit the volume for croker dont you?
    As the sound guy O Herlihy said on 2fm Thursday morning they had to operate the sound at 65% of what they are allowed in every other venue.
    Despite that the sound was pretty damn loud and clear to me, i had to shout to speak to anyone beside me.

65%...well that's obviously the reason why the sound was poor.

65%...well that's obviously the reason why the sound was poor.

For a start the volume was plenty, it was greater volume than ACDC in punchestown infact.
    Since when has voulme got anything to do with quality? :rolleyes:
    A distinct smell of BS in here all of a sudden.

For a start the volume was plenty, it was greater volume than ACDC in punchestown infact.
    A distinct smell of BS in here all of a sudden.

The sound was poor where I was sitting...end of story. That's the reason I moved. I never said it was poor from every seat. Volume's a fairly essential element at a rock concert, especially when you're sitting at the back. You seem to be taking any critical comments against the gig quite personally. I was under the assumption that this is a forum where people give their personal opinions. We don't all have to agree with your BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

violenza wrote: »
    Hi Mr Alan, had you got much freedom to come and go from the pit before U2 came on. Was in the pit for the Vertigo show you accessed the toilets/bars from the top exit, from the pics here it looks like you have to go back through the crowd to the back of the pitch.
    thanks in advance

No, we had access to & from the pit without any bother, incl a bar that was for the pit/red zone people only....Once we got in & stamped we could come & go as we pleased for food/drinks etc, but the pit was pretty packed as its quite narrow around the whole stage so leaving during U2 would be tough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 docsavage

Not risky at all. There were loads of people selling tickets outside. You'll get one at less than face value outside...guaranteed.

What time were you there when you saw all the people selling tickets? Just wondering what the best time to head down would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

As for subdued, are you sure you were in croker and not one of the many tribute bands around the city ? :)
    Do you need to be so defensive in your posts? Just because other people disagree with you that does not make them wrong.

p.s is it necessary to have a smiley at the end of every second comment in your posts? (the sarcasm smiley when no use of sarcasms is present is strange for one)

The sound was poor where I was sitting...end of story. That's the reason I moved. I never said it was poor from every seat. Volume's a fairly essential element at a rock concert, especially when you're sitting at the back. You seem to be taking any critical comments against the gig quite personally. I was under the assumption that this is a forum where people give their personal opinions. We don't all have to agree with your BS.

LOL personally? get a grip will ya.
    Im just disagreeing with you about the volume for a start and quality secondly.
    However since i cant fairly comment on quality from your seating position its best i dont anymore :) but i fully disagree with you on the volume issue.
    As i said i found it louder than the DC in punchestown as did the people i went to both gigs with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

you will have no problem.

plenty of seats going last night at 40 euro.

asking price for GA tickets was 50

there was nothing wrong with the sound last night.
    I was at a show last week and it was just the same.

finally, Croke Park is crap because they never finished the place properly

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Do you need to be so defensive in your posts? Just because other people disagree with you that does not make them wrong.

p.s is it necessary to have a smiley at the end of every second comment in your posts? (the sarcasm smiley when no use of sarcasms is present is strange for one)

Lighten up ffs :pac::D;):p:):rolleyes::o:(:P
    Get a sence of humour and dont take everything so serious.

docsavage wrote: »
    What time were you there when you saw all the people selling tickets? Just wondering what the best time to head down would be.

I went in late enough, around 7:30-8. Quite a few people selling tickets around North Circ/Summerhill Parade junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Was the security strict - could you bring in a decent camera/lens?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Get a sense of humour and don't take everything so serious.
    Thanks for that, I'll take it on board.

You should learn to accept the fact that other people opinions are just as valid as yours. You'll become a better person for it.

keps wrote: »
    Was the security strict - could you bring in a decent camera/lens?

Our bags were not checked at all and i saw loads of others with cameras etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

you can bring in a camera with a lens no problem.

the asking price for tickets got really cheap at about 8pm

Advertisement