Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Croke Park 2009 - all discussion, no ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mac09

have tickets in the upper davin for tommorrow night. just wondering does anyone know how many seats there are in each section there. i know the row numbers etc and am just wondering about the above.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Was at the gig lastnight and it was such an incredible show. Its just an amazing spectacle, combined with a mighty setlist too. Though I still dont rate "boots" as a good tune! For those of you attending monday, enjoy, its the best show you'll see all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Ok folks, , last night tomorrow! whats the chances of getting standing tickets tomorrow? and if so will they be as cheap as friday?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

sd1nbp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭evolutionix

not going against forum rules but please if anyone knows where i can get standing tickets for tomorrow night could you reply or pm me please. badly need them (4)

thanks again.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    Ok folks, , last night tomorrow! whats the chances of getting standing tickets tomorrow? and if so will they be as cheap as friday?!

I just sold one for €40. I'd say u should one or two around the park for the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

anyone got 2 standin tickets? pm please, thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭evolutionix

not going against forum rules but please if anyone knows where i can read the charter that would be great

thanks again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

ive never bought tickets off ppl out side so how does it work?? do dey shout tix's for sale or do u ask around for them.... n if some one got a spare cheap ticket giv me a pm:D

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Anyone got a play list for Saturday night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

mad dave wrote: »
    no I didn't actually, I'd better ring them tomorrow to double check. That is if I decide to bring her.

ACHTUNG dont bring the BABY!

Seriously its no place for a nine year old never mind nine months old!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

52121076052592057396492.jpg

Saturday's gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭googlefan

I really enjoyed Sat night gig, one of the better I've seen. However, a few points...

1) I was in lower Cusack. If not for the amazing screen there would have been no point going. They were barely visable on stage.

2) Bono's preaching. Not as bad as 2005, but it has to end. I feel he lost the crowd a little after the latest bout.

3) The original Bloody Sunday happened in Croke Park. When the song was played there was some Islamic stuff up on screen. Not impressed.

4) Sound quality was excellent, much better than 2005.

5) The setlist wasn't great. They started with average tracks and the encore put us to sleep a little!

Overall well worth the trip. Hope to see them again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Some Islamic stuff?

That'd be the situation in Iran. Not a fan of Bonio's preaching, but if it draws attention to it, at least something good comes of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

enterprise wrote: »
    Anyone got a play list for Saturday night?

http://www.u2setlists.com/360.shtml

Driver 8 wrote: »
    Some Islamic stuff?

That'd be the situation in Iran. Not a fan of Bonio's preaching, but if it draws attention to it, at least something good comes of it.

Thought that might have been it alright. Might have been more appropriate if he chose that message for a different song though. Too many Irish people are ignorent of the massacre at that venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

I imagine that's just the video they use for it on every date of the tour.

He did expressly mention Bloody Sunday on Friday night, to be fair.

Fair enough. I wonder have the rest of the band got on to him about all the political stuff? He seems to have calmed it down a small bit. Again, I think it really took the buzz out of the crowd on Sat night.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

I attended the Saturday evening gig. I was very impressed, section 321 of the dain stnad 6 rows back from the front. I thought the sound quality was fantastic, the production of the show was excellent.

I am not a massive U2 fan , to be cliche about it, I'm a fan of their "older music". One is an amazing track for me , it's one (pardon the pun) of my favourite songs of all time. It made the hairs stand on the back of my neck, I can honestly say there were other times during the concert where I had a chill in my spine such was the experience.

Too much analysis for me from some folk, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and I sincerely hope I get the opportunity to see them again some day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Going tonight (Monday) and would love to see them play Miss Sarajevo but don't think it's going to happen.

Bono has actually done it brilliantly with him doing the Pavarotti piece himself as can be seen here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euGFdZ5UUuI

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

kraggy wrote: »

Thanks for that:D

Will create it on itunes now and re live the gig... sad but fun:)

Excellent gig but what happened to the sound on Bono's voice about half way through the gig -sounded like Donald duck for about a song and a half -otherwise the sound was brill.

While the claw was fantastic as a stage a bit disappointed it was so low down in the crowd which made it difficult to see the band from the pitch.

Songs from the new album were awesome live:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sunstar

how likely am i to get two standing tickets outside croke park tonight?anyone know where people mostly sell or what entrance do you go through to go to standing?thanks a mil i desperately want yo go:(

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Any tips for getting into the Pit tonight? What time would we need to start queueing?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Was on the pitch Saturday night. Firstly the stage was amazing. Was like a massive version of Arcadia from EP. Really was worth going for that alone.
    Not the biggest U2 fan but do love what they can do live but...... it seemed to me that the performance was so polished that there was no improvisation. Dont get me wrong they were great but where was the LIVE in the songs? Basically i could have been listening to the albums apart from the remix 'crazy' song whick got the place rocking.
    Not knocking the boys theres enough idiots that do that, would have liked something different to the performance. Maybe it was the set list that didnt allow for it-ie no bullet the blus sky,running to standstill and we didnt get 'bad' but friday night did!
    Still glad i went- should be plenty of tickets for tonight btw,probably stand only but if your thinking of going then go.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Was on the pitch Saturday night. Thought the gig was amazing. Felt the new songs sounded great live. Unknown Caller was great and even if ya didnt know it the karaoke words worked great. Had a great time but we were right down in the crowd where the atmosphere was electric which always helps! Pics attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

googlefan wrote: »
    I really enjoyed Sat night gig, one of the better I've seen. However, a few points...

1) I was in lower Cusack. If not for the amazing screen there would have been no point going. They were barely visable on stage.

2) Bono's preaching. Not as bad as 2005, but it has to end. I feel he lost the crowd a little after the latest bout.

3) The original Bloody Sunday happened in Croke Park. When the song was played there was some Islamic stuff up on screen. Not impressed.

4) Sound quality was excellent, much better than 2005.

5) The setlist wasn't great. They started with average tracks and the encore put us to sleep a little!

Overall well worth the trip. Hope to see them again soon.

I agree with most of these points. The pontificating was an absolute insult on average most of the crowd had paid €100 to see him, his stage alone cost €50 million and this overpaid egotist takes this opportunity which we the public are paying for to lecture us on giving to charity. Disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭fraggle79

Was at the Gig on sat night and have to say it was just the best gig I was ever at. The sound was absolutely excellent. Joe has done a terrific job. I think the full effect of the stage was only visible at the end of the show and I think Bono could have engaged in the crowd alot. I think the songs from their new album where "Magnificent".
    When they play again next next year I will be there every night.....Wow what a show.......it great that we have youtube now so we can capture the moment!!!
    However I do think the song No Line on The Horizon is constructed in the same way as a Kings of Leon track-but still sounded brill live!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Was on the pitch Saturday night. Thought the gig was amazing. Felt the new songs sounded great live. Unknown Caller was great and even if ya didnt know it the karaoke words worked great. Had a great time but we were right down in the crowd where the atmosphere was electric which always helps! Pics attached.

Ah you were pretty much just behind me, to the rightish, my pics are very similar!

I'll agree the atmosphere was good on the pitch, lots of singing along, shouting, clapping etc:)

Trying to go tonight,any hints on getting tickets..easy to get outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

I'm driving up to Dublin today for it. Would I be better off parking near a Luas/Dart stop, or would I be safe enough driving up North Circular? Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Rob_l wrote: »
    I agree with most of these points. The pontificating was an absolute insult on average most of the crowd had paid €100 to see him, his stage alone cost €50 million and this overpaid egotist takes this opportunity which we the public are paying for to lecture us on giving to charity. Disgrace

LOL at this.
    Just to correct you the bands stage not just "his" cost 100M each and there are 2 more stages on the road being constructed/dismantled/moved as we speak.
    Just thought id share the piece of info with ya :P

Advertisement