Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Croke Park 2009 - all discussion, no ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭redtom

Anyone got any parking suggestions, I'll be arriving in Dublin late on the monday evening, about 8.30 or so, so will only see U2 - are there any carparks near Croke Park?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

redtom wrote: »
    Anyone got any parking suggestions, I'll be arriving in Dublin late on the monday evening, about 8.30 or so, so will only see U2 - are there any carparks near Croke Park?

Im coming from Kildare, the last u2 in croker we parked at red cow car park and took the luas in.
    We plan on doing the same this time as were going to have a nice meal before hand, more than likely that lovely Mexican place called Acapoco :)

Last Sunday for the Kildare/Dublin match i parked in Clonliffe College right behind hill 16,i had the kids then so close parking was a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mac09

any suggestions for parking when approaching from the m1. should i try to park outside the city and bus it in? any ideas what time the concert will be over at?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

From the M1 one option is to park in Whitehall Church car park and walk the 1.7 odd mile down the Swords Road. If your around early though there's always loads of on street parking in and around Drumcondra.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3012754

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭validis_

Hey Guys, I saw U2 in Paris on Sunday , was really impressed with the stage and setup.

JJ Kavanagh and Sons are running direct buses from around the country to Mountjoy Sq for the U2 Concert for the 24th , 25th and 27th July
    http://jjkavanagh.ie/u2-bus-croke-park

Direct buses from:
    Athy, Carlow, Castlecomer, Clonmel, Limerick, Kilkenny, Kilcullen, Kildare, Naas, Nenagh, Portlaoise, Roscrea, Waterford

Bus times are available at the link above, buses are scheduled to arrive in Dublin at 16:45.
    U2 bus tickets are useable on the service routes (you can travel up earlier or later if it suits better)

Tickets must be bought online in advance at
    http://jjkavanagh.ie/

There is a 25% reduction on ticket prices if tickets are bought prior to Midnight Sunday 19th July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

Hey! If anyone is going to the concert on Friday could they post about the queues and if they got into the inner circle...I'm going on Saturday and am going to try and get into the circle! Hopefully you can offer some advice! :):) Thanks!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Bluetonic wrote: »
    From the M1 one option is to park in Whitehall Church car park and walk the 1.7 odd mile down the Swords Road.
    Think this is the best plan if arriving a bit later. Can get sevearl buses or a taxi to Clonliffe oad/Jones Rod entrance. And after the gig the distance is walkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Any ideas on the setlist then? What was it at Barcelona?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

U2: June 30, 2009 at Barcelona, Spain

46.jpg20090630.jpg

Venue: Camp Nou
    Opening Act(s): Snow Patrol
    Main Set: Breathe, No Line On The Horizon, Get On Your Boots, Magnificent, Beautiful Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Movin' On Up, Angel of Harlem - Man In The Mirror - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough, In A Little While, Unknown Caller, The Unforgettable Fire, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride, MLK, Walk On - You'll Never Walk Alone, Where the Streets Have No Name, One Encore(s): Ultraviolet, With Or Without You, Moment of Surrender

U2: July 02, 2009 at Barcelona, Spain

46.jpg
    Venue: Camp Nou
    Opening Act(s): Snow Patrol
    Main Set: Breathe, No Line On The Horizon, Get On Your Boots, Magnificent, Beautiful Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Desire - Billie Jean - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough, Party Girl, Electrical Storm, Unknown Caller, The Unforgettable Fire, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride, MLK, Walk On - You'll Never Walk Alone, Where the Streets Have No Name, One Encore(s): Ultraviolet, With or Without You, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, Moment of Surrender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Looking at pictures on Flickr of the stage it really does look great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 skii29

Just wondering if anyone can help me with a query please.
    I recently purchased tickets for U2 Concert ( Monday gig) through ticketmaster.ie. When I logged onto the site, ticketmaster said anyone buying or selling tickets. I purchased 2 tickets for the Davin Stand for the Monday night gig, entered my credit card details as normal. The tickets arrived in the post the other day and my name is not on them. There is someone else's name. My tickets were delivered by UPS.When I rang ticketmaster to query, the person I spoke to said we DO NOT deliver by UPS and we sold those tickets to someone else. The other thing I'm worried about is the tickets are in the form of an A4 cardboard and not a regular ticket with a stud...I'm worried now about this and am afraid to travel to Dublin.
    Has anyone else had a similar experience? Would like to hear from you.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Any ideas on the setlist then? What was it at Barcelona?

Why not watch the whole concert here .
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=60635857
    Technology eh .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

kennyu272 wrote: »
    U2 360 Tour Concert - Fri 24th July

5pm Stiles Open
    6.30pm Support Act 1 Glasvegas
    7.30pm Support Act 2 Damien Dempsey
    9pm U2
    11pm Concert Finishes

U2 360 Tour Concert - Sat 25th July

5pm Stiles Open
    6.30pm Support Act 1 Kaiser Chiefs
    7.30pm Support Act 2 Republic of Loose
    9pm U2
    11pm Concert Finishes

U2 360 Tour Concert - Mon 27th July

5pm Stiles Open
    6.30pm Support Act 1 The Script
    7.30pm Support Act 2 Bell X1
    9pm U2
    11pm Concert Finishes
    For further details, contact www.mcd.ie

Is 11pm the latest the gig can end? Planning on parking at the Red Cow park and ride and the last Luas leaves Connolly at 12.30 and want to make sure we have plenty of time to get out of Croke park and get to the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

ncmc wrote: »
    Is 11pm the latest the gig can end? Planning on parking at the Red Cow park and ride and the last Luas leaves Connolly at 12.30 and want to make sure we have plenty of time to get out of Croke park and get to the station.

You'll have plenty of time to get to Connolly for the last luas.The gig i was at in Barcelona lasted around 2hrs 10 mins.

U2 should be onstage no later than 9 o'clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 U2TheBoss

skii29 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can help me with a query please.
    I recently purchased tickets for U2 Concert ( Monday gig) through ticketmaster.ie. When I logged onto the site, ticketmaster said anyone buying or selling tickets. I purchased 2 tickets for the Davin Stand for the Monday night gig, entered my credit card details as normal. The tickets arrived in the post the other day and my name is not on them. There is someone else's name. My tickets were delivered by UPS.When I rang ticketmaster to query, the person I spoke to said we DO NOT deliver by UPS and we sold those tickets to someone else. The other thing I'm worried about is the tickets are in the form of an A4 cardboard and not a regular ticket with a stud...I'm worried now about this and am afraid to travel to Dublin.
    Has anyone else had a similar experience? Would like to hear from you.
    Thanks

Hi, this does not seem right. Please forward me the exact web address that you logged into when you 1st bought the tickets or the email address for the confirmation email. You have got A4 Email tickets which are supposed to be printed out by the buyer using a link from Ticketmaster. And as you have been told UPS is not normal either.
    The tickets could be Ok - you just didn't buy them from Tmaster. What Block (3 digit no. starting with a 3 or a 7) & row are they & how much did you pay?

good old tabloids mixing fact with fiction.
    I believe the GAA want to go some work with the pitch and they want to do it around the time of the U2 gigs...I don't think it's U2 who are doing anything with the pitch.
    The residents around Croke Park (or Croker for all you red top readers;) ) are objecting to the work as they say it will involve heavy traffic etc into the evenings around their houses.

Hi, the pitch is being lifted because it will be damaged by the weight of the stage. As you say its not a U2 request - that would be a total waste. It would be something if bands went into so much detail that they paid for new grass for the fans, if they felt it was not good enough. I think Croker's is fine to stand on!

Below is from http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/croke-park-chief-mckenna-sounds
    -confident-note-over-surface-relaying-1820376.html

The weight of U2's stage and its 43,000 square foot span, covering 40pc of the pitch, would have caused permanent irreparable damage to the surface, which was due for overhaul in 2010 anyway.
    "When you consider the scale of the stage, it's 11 stories high and the roof of Croke Park is 12 stories high, you get an idea of what's involved.

Does anybody know if there will be a pit?? As in if your there early enough can you get wrist bands for it? thanks

Yes there is the " Redzone" but the tickets for these were auctioned off ebay
    when the other tickets went on sale. They sold, for 150 - 175.

i thought he wasnt that good of a player before i saw that i just think its a good example of his effects:P.. if you compare him to others in top bands hes mainly effects.....

I think ill head there any way... 100 quid is a bit steep but if their all their hyped up to be live it will be worth it.... shame they didnt re-release standing:(

The EDGE is a genius on the guitar, I watched a programme about the History of the Guitar. On it they said that they could not figure out how the Edge created the sound from his guitar using his 'Magic Box'. U2 would not be U2 without the Edge. I am no expert but I truly believe that. Listen to the sound at the start of ' Streets' for eg. - fantastic.

sean11 wrote: »
    This is typical of anything in Ireland. We only get a half arsed job while the rest of the world gets 100%... It's not U2's fault that the GAA only built 3/4 of a stadium... I knew from the pics of the Nou Camp show that the Croke park show was going to be a half arsed job (like the stadium)!! The 360 tour was designed to fit every world class stadium which Croke Park clearly is not... Christ if Neil Diamond can play Croke Park in the round surely U2 stage designers can sort something out, even when the Croke Park pitch area is much bigger than most.. It also baffles me as to why they couldn't put seats in Hill 16 for the show. I reckon the Dublin shows will be the only shows on the tour that will not fill the 20% extra people they get everywhere else... Other than that little rant I cant wait either way!!:D

Hi, can you explain to me the benefit of the 360 instead of the now 270 - if you are facing the stage from the Davin end or say halfway down the Hogan or Cusack? Surely if the band are not working the full stage, ie 270, means that the band will spend more time facing you!
    Hill 16 was built as terraced to recreate the previous atmosphere of the old Hill. There are not many stadia in Europe that hold more than 82K - I think there is only Wembley in the UK!

I wish I could see U2 in a smaller arena again on a normal stage eg The O2! I seen them in the Kings Hall in Belfast in either 85 or 87 - 8000 approx. - fantastic. Croke is a world class football stadium but it has proved not to be a great concert venue. The atmosphere has not been the best due to its size, the steel & the space left on the pitch for health & safety. Also the concerts tend to start when its bright - 10pm would be great for the main act. Hopefully this show will prove me wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jopodo

Stage is at the Hill end. Anyone know if they will let you on the pitch with a lower Davin stand ticket. I heard they did during Take That

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ollsher

Hi there, hope somebody can help me. I have a red zone ticket bought for the Fri night gig but I'm not sure how I go about collecting it. I will be driving up to the show so I want to make sure I have enough time to spare. What I really want to know is where exactly I have to go with my I.D. and what happens after that, ie. will I still have to queue for ages and will the collection point be far from the entrance. Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 narvikstar

hey guys...whats the story with the stiles....have been to concerts before in croke park but always general admittance and was always left in through a gate....this time around going with my friend (who is 7 1/2 months preggers) and we are seated....she is panicing that she wont get through the stiles!!!!

Seated in Lower Cusack Stand......any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Hey.

This was asked already but there was no answer forthcoming. Was just wondering is there going to be a pit for this concert? I realise there will be an area enclosed around the stage for the "Red Zone" but will there be another pit around this (further up the pitch)?

If there is another pit, i'll start queuing early (like I did for croker last time) but if theres no pit then theres not much point.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

I got the €130 tickets - lower cusack, section 302, row hh.

I've been offered Red Zone tickets.

Would I get a better view from the seated tickets or should I go for the red zone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

All the support acts must surely be in the wrong order.

Well I can't understand how the Kaiser Chiefs are on before the Republic of Loose anyway.

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

I got the €130 tickets - lower cusack, section 302, row hh.

I've been offered Red Zone tickets.

Would I get a better view from the seated tickets or should I go for the red zone?

The Redzone is were the atmosphere will be at its hottest. The seats will probably give you a better view of the screens but not the band. 302 will give a side on view.
    The 130 price was far too high. I laugh when I hear Bono going on about the €30 seats but doesn't mention its the €130 buyers who are paying for them.
    How much can you get Redzone for?

narvikstar wrote: »
    hey guys...whats the story with the stiles....have been to concerts before in croke park but always general admittance and was always left in through a gate....this time around going with my friend (who is 7 1/2 months preggers) and we are seated....she is panicing that she wont get through the stiles!!!!

Seated in Lower Cusack Stand......any ideas??

They are normal stiles but they have to have options in cases like this.
    You can get into lower tier via the Premium entrance. But you will have to get permission. I wouldn't worry. They will sort you. You could email Croke park - look up http://www.crokepark.ie/ for the email ad.

ollsher wrote: »
    Hi there, hope somebody can help me. I have a red zone ticket bought for the Fri night gig but I'm not sure how I go about collecting it. I will be driving up to the show so I want to make sure I have enough time to spare. What I really want to know is where exactly I have to go with my I.D. and what happens after that, ie. will I still have to queue for ages and will the collection point be far from the entrance. Thanks for your help.

Here is what you need, I have added a map link - all being well - I will be there on Friday too. Bring your order email.
    Box Office Collection:

The Ticketmaster Box Office is located opposite Gill's Pub on the junction of the North Circular Road and Russell St.

The North Circular Road is at the Canal End side of Croke Park. Please refer to the Ticketmaster Box Office Directions Map located with the Seating Chart Maps.
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/seatingchart/196746/10882

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Went to Berlin show on Saturday.
    First off, you won't be disappointed. This is a great show.

The circular stadium and the 360 degree stage worked perfectly.
    Fans were inside the stage ring and all around it.
    The band cross on all sides on rotating bridges walking above the ground level fans.
    It won't work the same in Croke Park.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ecom

i have Red Zone tickets for both Friday and Monday.
    I received an e-mail recently with instructions on how to collect Red Zone tickets for the Friday but didnt receive one for the Monday.

Also, when I log in online, only my Friday purchase is listed.
    I rang ticketmaster a few weeks ago and they said not to worry, it will be fine, but I'm not convinced! (the money was taken from my CC at the time).

Also, is there any way to re-send my confirmation e-mails for both nights?

Advertisement