Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Croke Park 2009 - all discussion, no ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Magicman1

just wondering if anybody else has experience of e-tickets in the past? I bought tickets from a lady who advertised them on the buy and sell. I only fuond when I went to meet her that it was a couple of e-tickets she had. She seemed genuine so I took them. In reality, I'm kinda worried that I may come into some trouble with them. What's to stop her printing off as many copies of the e-ticket as she likes and flog them all?

They're for U2 on Monday night and I'm really excited about it as my wife has been anxious to go for months. Can anyone ease my mind on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Magicman1 wrote: »
    What's to stop her printing off as many copies of the e-ticket as she likes and flog them all?

Unfortunately this does happen. Personally I wouldn't pay a euro for e tickets off someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

U2TheBoss wrote: »
    The Redzone is were the atmosphere will be at its hottest. The seats will probably give you a better view of the screens but not the band. 302 will give a side on view.
    The 130 price was far too high. I laugh when I hear Bono going on about the €30 seats but doesn't mention its the €130 buyers who are paying for them.
    How much can you get Redzone for?

Hey,

I can get the red zone for 66 each. Will prob make a loss when I try to sell the 130 ones but sure i'll give it a lash.

Thanks for the advice...think I'll go with the red zone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Didn't you ask this on the main U2 thread already?

They are either going to be the only copy or there is multiple copies, unfortunately there is no body here who can tell you which is the case and therefore no body who can put your mind at ease. I don't think people speculating is going to do you any good just get there the minute the gates open to ensure your the first to use that barcode should there be multiple copies. If your pitch standing there won't be any further issues, if your seating there might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Its a bit of a gamble all right!

Personally i wouldn't buy an e-ticket of any one who i didn't know.

If the woman seemed genuine you should be okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

If you can verify someones identity and address and take note of this information when buying (ask for photo id and a utility bill with corresponding names) you'll probably be ok. The risk is always there unfortunately regardless of the ticket type though etickets do make it easier for people to try this scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I'm currently in the process of swapping tickets with someone on toutless.com (cheers Toast - great site!).

I have e-tickets so I've agreed that I'll meet him at the event so he can check they're genuine before he hands over his tickets to me.

Obviously this isn't possible for everyone and wouldn't work for a gig the size of U2 but as Toast says - getting ID and contact details helps a lot and if the person is genuine (and most people are) they'll have no problem providing you with that info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

You could also make sure you are the first person into Croke Park on the Monday, at least then you know your ticket will be the first scanned in before any other possible duplicates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    You could also make sure you are the first person into Croke Park on the Monday, at least then you know your ticket will be the first scanned in before any other possible duplicates.
    See my post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

finbarrk wrote: »
    Well I can't understand how the Kaiser Chiefs are on before the Republic of Loose anyway.

They did this for the Vertigo tour also. We had The Thrills and Paddy Casey as support on the Sat night. Logically, we thought that Casey would be first and then The Thrills, but as we approached the stadium, we could hear The Thrills playing quite early. Paddy Casey then came on stage...

I imagine they do that to ensure that the support acts have a decent crowd. Lets face it, if they put Republic of Loose on first, there won't be many faces there to greet them. Many will want to see the Kaiser Chiefs though, so they'll get to the stadium early to see them. As a result, Republic of Loose will have a crowd to play to...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Magicman1

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Didn't you ask this on the main U2 thread already?

They are either going to be the only copy or there is multiple copies, unfortunately there is no body here who can tell you which is the case and therefore no body who can put your mind at ease. I don't think people speculating is going to do you any good just get there the minute the gates open to ensure your the first to use that barcode should there be multiple copies. If your pitch standing there won't be any further issues, if your seating there might be.

Yes I did ask already but nobody made any reference to my post....forgive me if I'm pushing too hard by giving it a thread all of its own.

To ease my mind a little more I gave the seller a call a few minutes ago just to get some contact info from her and ask her some more questions about why she's not going. I'm happier now that I've done that as, in my opinion, she's seems very genuine.

Thanks for all of your comments.....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Charles Gamble

Hey all,

We are travelling from Donegal to croke park gig on Fri by car.
    What would be the best options for parking? Do the park and ride thing? Or anything else?

We'll be travelling back up the same night so would like the fastest way back :)
    Many thanks for any replies,
    Charles.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭cassette50

ecom wrote: »
    i have Red Zone tickets for both Friday and Monday.
    I received an e-mail recently with instructions on how to collect Red Zone tickets for the Friday but didnt receive one for the Monday.

Also, when I log in online, only my Friday purchase is listed.
    I rang ticketmaster a few weeks ago and they said not to worry, it will be fine, but I'm not convinced! (the money was taken from my CC at the time).

Also, is there any way to re-send my confirmation e-mails for both nights?

Any chance you could PM the details or post them here. I never received the email as the email address is my old work address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Hey all,

We are travelling from Donegal to croke park gig on Fri by car.
    What would be the best options for parking? Do the park and ride thing? Or anything else?

We'll be travelling back up the same night so would like the fastest way back :)
    Many thanks for any replies,
    Charles.

Park in the Phibsboro area. Walk to Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

is there a pit or is just gona be all opened like take that??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Where everyone heading for a few pints before hand?
    Quinns will be packed I guess. Heading on Saturday if anyone wants to meet up for a few swills before hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭free-man

but1er wrote: »
    is there a pit or is just gona be all opened like take that??

I'd love to know this aswell..

I have redzone tickets but if there's a pitt i'd queue early to get in..

free-man wrote: »
    I'd love to know this aswell..

I have redzone tickets but if there's a pitt i'd queue early to get in..

Yes there is a pit.
    I was in it for the Barcelona gig.

If you have a redzone ticket there is no need to queue early because you will have a great view from the redzone.

kennyu272 wrote: »
    Yes there is a pit.
    I was in it for the Barcelona gig.

If you have a redzone ticket there is no need to queue early because you will have a great view from the redzone.

Better than the pit you reckon? Or just as good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

the redzone is the pit

you are inside the stage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ascend

Looking forward to this gig for the past few months. CAN'T WAIT!

Have a standing ticket for the monday night gig. Anybody recommend what time to start queing outside for a chance to get up front by the stage or inside the red zone? Thankfully I have the day off from work...

free-man wrote: »
    Better than the pit you reckon? Or just as good?

The redzone is to the side of the stage on the outside of the walkway.
    You will have a great view from there.
    The thing i noticed from being in the pit in Barcelona was that you couldn't get the full effect of the stage or screen.

I have a redzone ticket for friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Are you going to see U2 in croke park! Dont forget to film the gig on camcorder or mobile phone and then upload the footage onto the u2 fantv channel on MUZU.TV and share your footage with fans who were'nt there!

Check ou FanTv and loads of U2's classic videos at the link below! :)

www.muzu.tv/u2

Follow us on facebbok: wwww.facebook.com/muzutv

Are you deffo allowed camcorders into the gig?

The redzone is to the side of the stage on the outside of the walkway.
    You will have a great view from there.
    The thing i noticed from being in the pit in Barcelona was that you couldn't get the full effect of the stage or screen.

Excellent news!

I just found a pic showing exactly what the red zone is, even more excited now - see you in red zone friday!

j58u.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

going up for the gig on the 27th

just question about parking where can i park for the gig is there a car park nearby that i could use and walk to the gig?

anyone who can help cheers

Jonny

There's a multi storey car park just off Gardiner Street.It's only a short walk to croke park from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭irelandhouse

hi there, just a quick one

are travelling up for the gig on Friday night.

where is the best place to park that will be open after the concert?

also, are you allowed cameras or how strict are they ?

have been to a few concerts and some are nuts on them - removing batteries etc and some not a care about them at all = ac/dc in punchestown ; could have brought in an outside broadcast unit and noone would have minded!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Interesting and as I expected.
    I'd imagine the sound in the pit is quite poor too as the speakers are directly overhead on the rig and behind half of the pit.
    I think outside the pit is a better position.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

have been to a few concerts and some are nuts on them - removing batteries etc and some not a care about them at all = ac/dc in punchestown ; could have brought in an outside broadcast unit and noone would have minded!

Where are you coming from?
    Im coming from Kildare and will be parking in the Luas carpark at the red cow roundabout,its along the N7 ,map and info here
    http://www.luas.ie/page.php?name=Red_Cow_Car_Park_Red_Line

From there we will take the luas into the city.
    After the u2 show in 05 it took us 15 mins to get onto the luas after the show and a further 15 out to the red cow drop off/carpark.
    All in all we were home in kildare 50 mins after the show.

With regards cameras , agree about the acdc concert, i could have got a shotgun into that place if i wanted to ,security was non existant.
    Not sure what the story is for croker tho, for sure as always security will be top class, not sure what the deal is with cameras etc.

• Advertisement

You'll get in with a camera as long as its not a big professional one.
    Last time in 05 a security guy asked me what was in my pockets and when i said i had a camera there was no problem.

Advertisement