Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Croke Park 2009 - all discussion, no ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

I think this was asked already but with no response.
    What would be the best time to get there, to ensure you're near the top of the queue (to get in the pit?). For example, if the gates open at 6pm, would 2pm be early enough? I hear they sometimes open the gates earlier than usual anyway.

Finally, where exactly do you go to queue up? Which entrance is it and on what street? I don't know dublin at all - i can find out how to get to croke park, but I don't know which corner to queue up at!!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

xnaow1.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks for the pic, now we demand an updated one on the hour every hour :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Just to point out that photo came from GavReilly on Twitter - http://www.twitpic.com/b3bkc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

*takes credit for that photo*

http://twitpic.com/photos/gavreilly

Darragh wrote: »
    Just to point out that photo came from GavReilly on Twitter - http://www.twitpic.com/b3bkc

Indeed credit goes to GavReilly for the photo.

I didn't know who took the picture.I got it from a different source.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Dcully wrote: »
    From there we will take the luas into the city.
    After the u2 show in 05 it took us 15 mins to get onto the luas after the show and a further 15 out to the red cow drop off/carpark.
    All in all we were home in kildare 50 mins after the show.

What is the nearest Luas stop to Croke Park ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

nearest luas is connolly station (and thats 15-20min walk away from Croker)

there are busses that will go from Connolly up around the drumcondra area (less than 5mins walk to Croker)

PS. Anyone going to Croker for U2 that wants to have their pic taken for the national papers - I'll be doing some fans Fri, Sat and Monday evenings if anyone wants to have their mug on the paper.

will email some pics from the gig as a thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Thanks - and sorry Darragh, I didn't spot your acknowledgement just ahead of mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

Hey,

Any idea what time will the acts be on Friday. From what i see it's Glasvegas, Damien Dempsey before. It's gates at 6.30 so would it be something like:

Glasvegas 7pm

Damien Dempsey 8pm

U2 9pm?

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Wouldn't Glasvegas be last on before U2? Would've thought so...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dapos wrote: »
    Hey,

Any idea what time will the acts be on Friday. From what i see it's Glasvegas, Damien Dempsey before. It's gates at 6.30 so would it be something like:

Glasvegas 7pm

Damien Dempsey 8pm

U2 9pm?

Any ideas?

Nope id say Damien will be on first and then the god awful Glasvegas. They say the gates open at 6 and show starts at 6:30 so im gonna guess .

Damien Dempsey 6:30

Glasvegas : 7

U2 : 8:30/9:00

Hi all , as the gigs have got closer ive noticed a lot more questions asked and few answered.
    I got the following including in an email from ticketmaster today, hope it helps some of you out.
    Note: the listed acts are for the Friday show.
    Ive highlighted in Red what should answer a lot of what people have asked on here recently.

U2 live at Croke Park, Dublin

Ticketmaster would like to take this opportunity to thank you for booking your tickets to U2 with us. Please read this email carefully as it contains important information regarding the concert.

If you selected "mail" as your delivery method, your tickets should have arrived at their intended destination at this stage. If you have not received your tickets by now please contact Ticketmaster Customer Services:

Phone Number: 0818 903001
    Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday 09.30 to 18.00

Box Office Information

If you selected Box Office Collection, your tickets will be available for collection on the day of the concert. The box office will be open from 14:00 and will be located opposite Gills pub on the corner of North Circular road and Jones Road. Please bring the credit/debit card used to purchase the tickets in addition to the Ticketmaster reference number as proof of purchase.

TicketFast

If you have selected TicketFast as your delivery option and have not printed your tickets by now, please log on to My Ticketmaster, view Order History and choose Print My Tickets. For more information on printing your tickets, please visit our TicketFast help page.

Concert Information

U2– Croke Park, Dublin on Friday 24 July 2009

With Special Guests Glasvegas and Damien Dempsey

Gates Open: 18:00
    Show Starts: 18:30
    No queuing allowed before 16:00

* Times are subject to change

Please Note: Patrons are advised to be in the ground at least 30 minutes before show time.

To view a location map which outlines the venue approaching roads around Croke Park, click here.

An Garda Síochána will have a traffic management plan in operation. For full details please check www.garda.ie

Plan your approach to Croke Park based on the following:

• As traffic and parking delays are inevitable you are strongly advised to use public transport or car pool.
    • Please use city centre car parks.
    • Croke Park is well served by public transport - Dublin Bus, Rail, Dart and Luas will all bring you less than a 15 minute walk to the ground. Visit www.dublinbus.ie, www.irishrail.ie, www.luas.ie. Download map and directions at www.crokepark.ie.
    • It is strongly recommended that you leave plenty of time when travelling to and from the venue.
    • Plan your route in advance and check the AA Roadwatch website for reports on traffic, road works, delays etc.
    • For latest live show day traffic updates telephone AA Roadwatch 1550 131811 (AA Roadwatch premium rates apply) or tune in to RTÉ 2fm.

Your Safety:

Show your ticket at the ticket barrier outside the ground for inspection.
    • This is an outdoor event. Concert rain or shine. Promoters recommend that patrons dress appropriately for the weather. Always check the weather forecast before setting off.
    • Strict security checks are in operation. The following items will not be permitted: Umbrellas, Banners Or Flags Larger than A4, Laser Pointers, Glowsticks, Flashlights, Inflatable balls or Balloons, Weapons, Fireworks, Glass or Cans, Alcohol, Furniture, Studs & Spikes, Shooting Sticks, Cameras With More Than 1¹¹ Lens, Video Cameras & Audio Recording Devices.
    • Obey the stewards and Gardaí and instructions given over the public address for your own safety.
    • Don't rush to the exits after the concert.
    • Under 16s must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 18 years or over. Promoters recommend under 14s to be in seats, not standing.
    • Remember that children without a ticket will not be permitted into the ground under any circumstances.
    • For further information on Croke Park stadium visit: www.crokepark.ie
    • Smoking is prohibited except at designated smoking areas within the grounds.

Stadium Access

Croke Park is situated in the North Dublin neighbourhood of Drumcondra and is bordered by Jones's Road to the West, Clonliffe Road to the North, St. James Avenue to the East and the Royal Canal to the South. For ease of access there will be a colour coded ticket system in operation.

To view a location map which outlines the ticket checkpoints around Croke Park, click here.

• Special Needs Information Stand behind Cusack Stand.
    • Special Needs Parking in Clonliffe College accessed off Drumcondra Road.
    • Special Needs Information Hotline: Tel. 0818 715 658 or visit www.mcd.ie

Croke Park Stadium is situated in a residential area. Ticketmaster and the promoters would appeal to all fans to respect the local community by not littering, not engaging in anti-social behaviour and by not parking illegally. The security measures being taken are for the safety of all.

Thank you for your assistance - enjoy the concert.

Best Regards

Customer Services Team

U2 360 Tour Concert - Fri 24th July

5pm Stiles Open
    6.30pm Support Act 1 Glasvegas
    7.30pm Support Act 2 Damien Dempsey
    9pm U2
    11pm Concert Finishes

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

Ah sweet, I hope Damien Dempsey plays second.

I think they played for 2 hours twenty minutes in Barcelona so i would imagine it would be much of the same here.

Thanks for the info.

Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Not looking forward to those support acts...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Here's another pic from the U2 facebook site. I'm in the Hogan Upper on Sat night, so this looks like the exact view I'll have...

5249_106861406685_5678046685_2318439_1138488_n.jpg

Here's the setlist from tonights gig in Amsterdam.
    Bad made its debut on the tour tonight.

1. Breathe
    2. No Line On The Horizon
    3. Get On Your Boots
    4. Magnificent
    5. Beautiful Day
    6. Elevation
    7. Desire/ Billie Jean(Snippet)/ Don't Stop Till You Get Enough(Snippet)
    8. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
    9. One
    10. Until The End Of The World/ Break On Through(Snippet)
    11. City Of Blinding Lights
    12. Vertigo
    13. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight(Remix)
    14. Sunday Bloody Sunday/ Rock The Casbah(Snippet)
    15. Pride(In The Name Of Love)
    16. MLK
    17. Walk On/ You'll Never Walk Alone
    18. Where The Streets Have No Name/40(Snippet)
    19. Bad/ Your A Fool To Cry(Snippet)/40(Snippet)

Encore

20. Ultraviolet(Light My Way)
    21. With or Without You
    22. Moment Of Surrender

I so hope they play bad on friday night, its my all time favourite :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Dcully wrote: »
    I so hope they play bad on friday night, its my all time favourite :D

I hope they play it Sat night, but not at the expense of Unforgettable Fire like tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Wish they'd drop SBS & Pride... have heard those too many times (every gig) over the years... throw something different in

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

kennyu272 wrote: »
    Here's the setlist from tonights gig in Amsterdam.
    Bad made its debut on the tour tonight.

1. Breathe
    2. No Line On The Horizon
    3. Get On Your Boots
    4. Magnificent
    5. Beautiful Day
    6. Elevation
    7. Desire/ Billie Jean(Snippet)/ Don't Stop Till You Get Enough(Snippet)
    8. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
    9. One
    10. Until The End Of The World/ Break On Through(Snippet)
    11. City Of Blinding Lights
    12. Vertigo
    13. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight(Remix)
    14. Sunday Bloody Sunday/ Rock The Casbah(Snippet)
    15. Pride(In The Name Of Love)
    16. MLK
    17. Walk On/ You'll Never Walk Alone
    18. Where The Streets Have No Name/40(Snippet)
    19. Bad/ Your A Fool To Cry(Snippet)/40(Snippet)

Encore

20. Ultraviolet(Light My Way)
    21. With or Without You
    22. Moment Of Surrender

Bad was amazing, if it was the only song I heard all night I would have been happy : ))) Fantastic concert in Amsterdam, stage and lighting made for a brilliant experience, the roof was closed and that really added to the atmosphere, although it was really really warm. Snow Patrol were great too as the warm-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

Heading on the Friday night. Looking forward to it but can anyone tell me what exactly is a 1¹¹ Lens? Have an s9500 I was hoping to bring along and take some shots with .

Also for the red zone, do we need a confirmation mail or anything. I only received a mail last night concerning entrances to the red zone and thats the only confirmation mail I have about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Cork Exile wrote: »
    Heading on the Friday night. Looking forward to it but can anyone tell me what exactly is a 1¹¹ Lens? Have an s9500 I was hoping to bring along and take some shots with .

Also for the red zone, do we need a confirmation mail or anything. I only received a mail last night concerning entrances to the red zone and thats the only confirmation mail I have about it.

hey Exile,

it just means a single lens camera, i.e. a camera that you can't change the lens on, it's how they distinguish between more professional cameras and normal punter cameras.....

Not sure about the Red Zone - how did people order the Red Zone tickets out of interest, I didn't see any option on Ticketmaster ????
    or is it just a first come first served thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rathlyon

Just wondering.....
    I have a ticket for GA. So a few questions...
    What time do you think I should get there? I really want to get as close to the stage as possible.

[quote=
    Also for the red zone, do we need a confirmation mail or anything. I only received a mail last night concerning entrances to the red zone and thats the only confirmation mail I have about it.[/quote]

Just bring your order number and credit card that was used for the booking to the ticketmaster booth and they will give you your red zone ticket.
    The box office opens at 14:00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 seaney81

It is listed on crokepark.ie that The Script are on before Bell X1 on Monday night. Can anyone confirm or have crokepark.ie got this mixed up?

Im looking forward to hearing the script but not to concerned about Bell X 1.....was hoping to be getting the pints in when they where on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

NIBBS wrote: »
    hey Exile,

it just means a single lens camera, i.e. a camera that you can't change the lens on, it's how they distinguish between more professional cameras and normal punter cameras.....

Not sure about the Red Zone - how did people order the Red Zone tickets out of interest, I didn't see any option on Ticketmaster ????
    or is it just a first come first served thing ?

Yeah how was it possible to get Redzone tickets? I never heard of them when buying my presale tickets or when looking on Ticketmaster. Would have defo got them if I had known about them so bit disappointed about it.

• Advertisement

Red zone tickets were auctioned off on ticketmaster for charity.

I got mine for 130 euro which is the same price as some of the seats.

Advertisement