Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Croke Park 2009 - all discussion, no ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rathlyon

Do Red zone have ticket numbers or where is the best place in red zone? I have seen on some threads that some seats here arent great

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

There's no seats in the redzone.Its an area on the outter side of the walkway that circles the stage.
    You will have a great view from there and you will also have plenty of room.

OK Kenny I need your advice here....
    I have a GA and only found out that I won the latest Redzone auction also. Do you recommend to wait all day for GA and into pit or go for redzone. Which will be better - I can wait all day for GA no problem

rathlyon wrote: »
    OK Kenny I need your advice here....
    I have a GA and only found out that I won the latest Redzone auction also. Do you recommend to wait all day for GA and into pit or go for redzone. Which will be better - I can wait all day for GA no problem

I would go for the redzone tbh.You wont have to queue all day to get a good spot.You'll also have seperate toilets facilities and merchandise stall than regular GA ticket holders.

I 'm in the redzone on friday too

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

Thanks for the info lads. Reckon I'm going to chance my arm with the camera. Its a fixed lens bridge camera - S9500. will throw it into a small backpack with jacket, etc.

• Advertisement

So redzone it is by Kenny. Any other takers? I saw somewhere on the U2 interference site that the pit is better, will try to dig out quote.

Roll on Monday either way - if GA is the way to go what time are poeople queing at to get near stage?

So redzone it is by Kenny. Any other takers? I saw somewhere on the U2 interference site that the pit is better, will try to dig out quote.

Roll on Monday either way - if GA is the way to go what time are poeople queing at to get near stage?

Rathlyon i was in the pit in Barcelona and while it is great to see the band up so close you do loose some of the effect of the stage and the screen.
    It's very hard to keep an eye on the whole band because of the size of the stage and walkway around the stage.

In the redzone you are positioned right beside the walkway so at times you are only going to be a few feet away from the band members.
    And you will be able to see everything thats going on without damaging you neck!!

kenny I am liking the sound of this and many thanks for replying - it is great to hear from someone that has actually been in the pit. I am lucky enough to have a ticket for redzone so one last question - should I get there early, get ticket from kiosk and queue for redzone to get best spot there? My spot is in redzone 1 so I want to get as near the action as possible

kenny I am liking the sound of this and many thanks for replying - it is great to hear from someone that has actually been in the pit. I am lucky enough to have a ticket for redzone so one last question - should I get there early, get ticket from kiosk and queue for redzone to get best spot there? My spot is in redzone 1 so I want to get as near the action as possible

I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to get in as there is loads of space in the red zone.There's definetly no need to queue before the gates open.

If your in and around croke park early it might be as well to collect your ticket early in the afternoon because it will probably be fairly busy later on in the day when the gates open.

Thats what i'll be doing.

Tickets can be collected from 14:OO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Mayor Adam West

Was at the gig in Amsterdam on the pitch on the 20th. Wow. What a show. and Snow Patrol. you cannot fail to mention them. they were superb. setlist certainly was different to the 21st by the looks of things. Going to see them in Croke Park on Saturday, and i can't wait. Its gonna be amazing. anyone going.......you're in for a treat. I promise! Setlist on 1st night in Amsterdam Arena was :

Opening Act(s): Snow Patrol

Main Set : (opening) Breathe
    No Line On The Horizon,
    Get On Your Boots
    Magnificent
    Beautiful Day - Blackbird
    Mysterious Ways
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    Angel of Harlem - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
    In A Little While
    Unknown Caller
    The Unforgettable Fire
    City of Blinding Lights
    Vertigo
    I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight(amazing remix version)
    Sunday Bloody Sunday,
    Pride
    MLK
    Walk On - You'll Never Walk Alone
    Where the Streets Have No Name
    One Encore(s): Ultraviolet, With or Without You, Moment of Surrender :)

Best band........in the world. Full stop. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 P.Collina

Here goes with the thicko question...

Anyone know if you can access the standing area with a seat ticket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

P.Collina wrote: »
    Here goes with the thicko question...

Anyone know if you can access the standing area with a seat ticket?

No you can't. Mate of mine got rugby tackled at the last U2 gig in Croker trying to get on the pitch with a seating ticket.

Not a big fan of Croker for concerts. Very annoying that you have to stay outside to have a drink when on the pitch. That's why I bought a premium level ticket this time. Roll on Saturday. It's gonna be a stomper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ascend

Have a standing ticket for Monday, what time do you guys recommend I start queing to have a chance to get into the Pit? Its says on the ticketmaster info no queing before 16:00.

Saw the stage already in Croker. It's under construction- but fully erected.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Hey -
    For anyone with a standing ticket, they need to enter via the cusack entrance. My question is, what road should you use to queue? Some places say St. Joesephs Avenue, and some others say St. James avenue. I know they both kinda lead to the same place, but would one be better than the other?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 marie rosanna

harpo12 wrote: »
    There was beer sold at the last U2 concerts in Croke Park.

is that a definite that beer will be sold. can i smuggle in a large hip flask, do you think or do the police and security search you on the way in??????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

No you can't. Mate of mine got rugby tackled at the last U2 gig in Croker trying to get on the pitch with a seating ticket.

Not a big fan of Croker for concerts. Very annoying that you have to stay outside to have a drink when on the pitch. That's why I bought a premium level ticket this time. Roll on Saturday. It's gonna be a stomper

No drinking allowed in Premium Seats

U2 have 110 articulated trucks carrying their equipment. i think this will be spectacular. maybe a revolving stage, or a stage on an conveyer belt which might move along the pitch, or a revolving stage on a conveyer belt moving up and down the pitch.

all a dream.

I am going on Friday, my brother on Monday I have a bet on that they will be at their best on the first night, he says if there are any problems they will be fixed up by monday

my question is can i smuggle drink into croke park in a large hip flask. will there be searches by security/police. can you buy a beer in the park????:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

is that a definite that beer will be sold. can i smuggle in a large hip flask, do you think or do the police and security search you on the way in??????????

Can you not go a few hours without alcohol?

I suppose i could, just havent tried it. joking of course, saw U2 twice in slane as the designated driver. its my turn now..

I am new to this site so forgive me for asking the question twice, about the drink that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mac09

does anyone know what time thr concert will finish at? (approximately)

finishing about 11.00 thereabouts

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Can you not go a few hours without alcohol?

are you not allowed to drink when you go to the concert??

Pal wrote: »
    No drinking allowed in Premium Seats

Yes but you can get into the premium level bars I presume. They only a hop skip and a jump from the premium seats and you can still see the concert while in there.

As for sneeking in drink. You'll have to be creative because they searched us last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

mac09 wrote: »
    does anyone know what time thr concert will finish at? (approximately)

Last night they played almost bang on 2 hours in Amsterdam from 9.30 to 11.30 so if they start on time at 9 in Dublin it'll be over at 11-ish.

Yes but you can get into the premium level bars I presume. They only a hop skip and a jump from the premium seats and you can still see the concert while in there.

As for sneeking in drink. You'll have to be creative because they searched us last time.

thanks for coming back to me on that. enjoy the concert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

The Claw is bleedin massive......

Magicman1 wrote: »
    Yes I did ask already but nobody made any reference to my post....forgive me if I'm pushing too hard by giving it a thread all of its own.

To ease my mind a little more I gave the seller a call a few minutes ago just to get some contact info from her and ask her some more questions about why she's not going. I'm happier now that I've done that as, in my opinion, she's seems very genuine.

Thanks for all of your comments.....

The Thread police are getting very stingy about having your own thread

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

To be fair there's nothing in theory stopping someone with actual tickets selling them and then claiming they were never delivered, getting replacements and selling those...so the same rules should apply no matter what the tickets..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

Hey,
    I read on the ticketmaster website that queueing is not allowed until 4pm....any suggestions on what to do in order to have the best chance of getting into the inner circle? I'm assuming that "no queueing until 4pm" MEANS no queueing until 4pm!! :confused:

Advertisement