Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda Accord 2.2 diesel

• 05-06-2009 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi All

Considering a new car. Would be looking at something around 04/05, Saloon, Diesel. Prob would pay anything up to 8-9k cash which isn't a huge amount I know but there should be some bargains available at the moment. Based simply on personal taste here's what I don't like :

Avensis
    Audi
    BMW
    Skoda
    Peugeot

I was thinking maybe a well-spec'd Mondeo of around that age would be nice but it doesn't exactly set the heart racing. Then thought of a Honda Accord. Looks like a really nice car but the tax involved for a 2.2 engine is a bit of a turn-off ( I think thats the smallest diesel they do anyway). I'm presuming their petrol models wouldn't be that economical but only guessing.
    Any other advice or suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Its only an extra 150e or something in tax, once you drive it and feel its low down grunt, you will be extremely glad you didnt go 1.9 tdi :pac:

They are very nice to drive and like all Honda's, reliable as hell, most are kitted out very well too, very modern and sporty! I have drove the 09 sport type a few times and been a passenger a good bit in it, if I was to upgrade I would be getting that engine in a Civic :D

It drives like a petrol!!! no real turbo lag like nearly all mid size diesels, it revs like a 1.8 i vtec, which is a big turn on when you are used to 1.9 tdi's! Would be very light on fuel as well, I was doing 160kmh+ ( feels total safe at that speed, like 100kmh in 1.3 ) and the engine was barely having to work.

Advertisement