Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled passport as voting ID

Options
  • 05-06-2009 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭

I couldn't lay my hands on my valid passport this morning but, annoyingly, had no problem finding the one that expired 2 years ago. I presume that'll be fine as an ID for voting tonight? Can't see why not as it's got my mug and is(was) and official state document!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Bring your polling card and you probably won't be asked for any ID anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

The polling card lists whats considered valid ID.

don't have mine to hand but it includes

passport, driving licence, staff ID card, credit card etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

squonk wrote: »
    I couldn't lay my hands on my valid passport this morning but, annoyingly, had no problem finding the one that expired 2 years ago. I presume that'll be fine as an ID for voting tonight? Can't see why not as it's got my mug and is(was) and official state document!

Your still the same person right? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mushypeas30

I doubt they'll even ask you for ID. Once you have the polling card, they pretty much just mark you off the list and let you go in. You could be anyone! No harm to bring your drivers licence or something just in case though. Save you having to go home for it and go back up!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

They should ask but I have never been challenged once I had a polling card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement