Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost of car service

• 05-06-2009 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

I am getting my car serviced for the first time soon and I was wondering what it should cost roughly? I know it all depends on what needs to be done but I am a lady with zero clue about cars and I'm afraid I will be ripped off. I have a 03 Citroen C3- it needs a normal full service plus 4 new tires and then anything else they might find wrong with it - this is where I'm afraid I'll end up getting robbed!!!

Even very broadly speaking, can anyone tell me what it should cost?

Anyone know a reputable mechanic/ service centre in the Naas area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

tyres start from about €50 fitted - so thats €200
    then a basic oil and filter service with a few checks can be found for about €99

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

There is a guy just off the Kilmore Road in Dublin that does a full service and full valet for €160

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Is this the first time it's been serviced from new?
    4 decent brand name tyres will cost between 70 and 100 each, the cheaper tyres are a false economy. Id say for the service worst case scenario where all filters, spark plugs, oil, brake pads and wipers need to be changed it could come to 300. Depending on mileage it might need a timing belt which could be 500+ for this alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

OP - Don't get the garage to replace the tyres - ring around the likes of Fast Fit etc for the best price. The tyre size will be on the side of the tyre, in the format '185/65 R15'. Depending on mileage, the car may also be due a timing belt. Call a few garages for quotes for the service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

LadyE wrote: »
    There is a guy just off the Kilmore Road in Dublin that does a full service and full valet for €160

dave masters motors
    he posts on boards and there is a thread about this deal in bargain alerts.
    everybody seems very pleased so far

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055534466

it says 199 but if you mention boards you get it for 160

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SueWho

Oh no it's not the car's first service but rather my first time to bring it for a service. I bought it this time last year- there's 54,000 km on it. There was 44,000 km on it when I bought it.

Thanks for all the tips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Abraham

Sue - I've been singing the praises of the mobile car servicers for some time past. There are a number of them operating in and around Dublin and they will go to you at your place of work or residence, your choice.
    Same goes for the tyres ....ie...... mobile suppliers now cover city. Don't know about country areas. Do a little imaginitive Googling and you'll find them OK.

The Car Service I've personally used a few times is www.MobileAutoService.ie
    and they were very thorough and provided me with an itemised list of everything which I find a great comfort. I do not know them except for the contact when I want them but I'd well recommend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SueWho

Thanks Abraham. That mobile service sounds like my kind of thing!!

Advertisement