Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to purchase latest Mobile Phones

• 05-06-2009 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I am looking to purchase a new mobile phone in the coming weeks and like most people I have spent some time on the web reviewing various options and for me the Nokia N97 and LG Arena KM900 are the two phones I like.

So where do I buy my new shiny toy, I have looked on the following sites but have some reservations about buying second hand as these phones are not cheap.

adverts.ie
    gumtree
    ebay

Can anyone recommend any other sites,do you purchase from the above sites and take the risks that the phone you buy will work ok.

I am loking to buy phone outright and unlocked, not looking to move networks etc as work pay my phone bill.

Any advise is much appreciated.

Cheers
    Earlsie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Earlsie wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I am looking to purchase a new mobile phone in the coming weeks and like most people I have spent some time on the web reviewing various options and for me the Nokia N97 and LG Arena KM900 are the two phones I like.

So where do I buy my new shiny toy, I have looked on the following sites but have some reservations about buying second hand as these phones are not cheap.

adverts.ie
    gumtree
    ebay

Can anyone recommend any other sites,do you purchase from the above sites and take the risks that the phone you buy will work ok.

I am loking to buy phone outright and unlocked, not looking to move networks etc as work pay my phone bill.

Any advise is much appreciated.

Cheers
    Earlsie

I have bought several brand new handets from eBay and can say that as long as you ensure the user has a high feedback score and rating, then you should be ok. The prices are better than you'd find from an online store, however, steer clear, if possible, of buying from users based in China, Hong Kong etc, as you're more likely to receive either a fake handset and/or a bill from customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

You can try www.expansys.ie or http://www.devicewire.co.uk/
    They can be a bit expensive but tend to get the newest phones first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's a couple of suggestions in our FAQ sticky at the top of the forum too
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59477812&postcount=2

Advertisement