Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Oz on 1 year visa

Options
  • 05-06-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Hi Im planning on going to Oz in september and work there for a year my initial plan was when arriving in Oz I would straight away start into farm work for my first three months, So I was wondering how difficult it would be to get farm work (fruit picking) there at the moment during the current economic situation, and also after I have done that I was thinking of working in a city like Sydney or Brisbane...would it be difficult to get work such as bar staff,glass collecting,cleaning or waiting anything like that :confused:

any answers would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

comon someone give me a reply :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 brookevsworld

Hi and Congrats on the visa! You will love Australia. Finding a job in Sydney does take time and there are probably fewer jobs available now than before the crisis, but you'll happy to know that Australia has fared quite well during the whole crisis. I think I heard on the news the other night that they actually experienced some sort of growth! (don't ask for specifics bc I don't know :) ).

I've never fruit picked but I always hear it is the easiest thing to find work in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

we cannot know how difficult it will be to get work in september, and yes after your stint for 3 months it will be december time, which is the hardest time to get work (and accommadation) IMO in sydney as Sydney is very very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

Tanks for the info me and da lads will have a blast at it :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 therandomgirlie

Hay ther, congrats on headn off t aus, question for ya.? im dyiiiin to do the same myself, twenty year old girlie, non student but qualified beauty therapist, tel me, wher did you start.? wat did u do.? cud i do it on my own.? verrrry independant lady am i.!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 NickFromTipp

I'm as jealous. Was in melbourne in 01/02 and had a great year. Make sure you get over to NZ while you're in that neck of the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Hay ther, congrats on headn off t aus, question for ya.? im dyiiiin to do the same myself, twenty year old girlie, non student but qualified beauty therapist, tel me, wher did you start.? wat did u do.? cud i do it on my own.? verrrry independant lady am i.!

Can you please speak english and not TXT, people don't like text speak here, as one isn't limited to 160 chars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 therandomgirlie

hussey wrote: »
    Can you please speak english and not TXT, people don't like text speak here, as one isn't limited to 160 chars

Sorry for speaking in TEXT language Hussey, I did not mean to offend you or any other boards.ie members. Definetily was not my intention. I guess it is habit as I am new to this but at least I am aware now. I will make sure I speak proper English in future. Thank you for the tip, it was very much appreciated. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Hey,

Your like the same as me, except female! :P I'm heading off to Oz on my own this monday, Im also 20. Although I'm not a qualified beauty therapist but I have a couple of years bar experience.

I got my visa and bank account all from the one website and very fast. I already have work over there through contacts tho so I'm not sure what it'll be like to look for it, then again it could all turn belly up!

Best thing to do is try it and see what happens, and if your in the Brisbane area shoot me an email! :D

Advertisement