Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

URGENT HELP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

May be too late, but I'd say try to replace (even artifically) some of the original cover around the nest, then stay away from that part of the garden for at least a few hours.

Keep an eye on any activity.

Any idea what species it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pokerbrick

no idea, was wondering that myself.
    could i feed them myself?

happy days just spotted the mother coming back.
    thanx 4 your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Baby Blackbirds. Not an overly shy bird or easy deserter. Will need cover though to prevent predation.

no not a blackbird.
    ive seen it, its small in size like a swallow.

also there is a bird in the garden that sings like a house alarm any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

pokerbrick wrote: »
    also there is a bird in the garden that sings like a house alarm any ideas?

Lots of birds mimic - we have a blackbird that does a fantastic version of my neighbours daughter screaming! It hilarious.
    I've heard reports of birds copying house alarms before, though not sure what species - could well be a blackbird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

Starling is a famous mimic too. I once heard Curlew, Chiffchaff, Sedge Warbler and numerous other birds from my leaba (bed) when staying in Cape Clear Bird Obs. I thought the warden was pulling my leg and playing some CDs...but then realised it was a starling singing his heart out on the roof!

Haven't heard of starlings nesting in grass before though...typically in buildings/eaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

My Dad was clearing his garden the other week but luckily the mother left the nest as he started to chop :D he knew immediately there was a nest and located it within a few minutes. It thought him a lesson not to clear till August :o
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055582987

I'd suggest perhaps putting some brush "old branches perhaps closeby to the nest so that it ain't as viewable to predators. Have you still got that vegetation in the garden that you cleared?

Advertisement