Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for Coolaney

Options
  • 05-06-2009 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

I'm excited:D
    Saw a fella working down the lane with a sign up saying working on behalf of Eircom installing broadband.
    Anyway I had to stop and quiz him. He said broadband will be up and running through the phonelines in the next month or two....happy days:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Argh! I'm so jealous! I think every village around us must have it be now - I really hope that means we're next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

We already have broadband with Fastcom.

I don't think Eircom's offers are all that great - €45 a month for the up to the slowest speed, a phone line that I don't really want & a router that I already have. The free access to Setanta online is tempting though, as are the free unlimited off-peak calls.

What do they mean by off-peak though? Weekends and evenings or daytime calls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

fozzle wrote: »
    Argh! I'm so jealous! I think every village around us must have it be now - I really hope that means we're next!

Where abouts are you living? eircom have a site that says what to be done next

strongr wrote: »
    Where abouts are you living? eircom have a site that says what to be done next

We're on the Gurteen exchange - we're on the list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

There's a good website where you can run a test on your PC to see how fast or slow your download & upload speeds are. Through Fastcom, I'm getting an average Download Speed of 1.89 Mb/s, which is slightly less than the average for Sligo & an Average Upload Speed 1.90 Mb/s, higher than the average. The website is http://www.speedtest.net/

• Advertisement

I'm in my mates' house at the moment (we split the cost of net with them). Upload is only 0.55mb/s but Download is 6.41mb/s. And that's with 3 laptops on wireless, and two pcs, all on at the moment. We used to run a cable to the neighbours too while he waited for broadband so for about 6 months we had 5 WOW players, and me, online most of the time. I loved living in a house with a business line :D

I don't care what anyone says - once the agony of actually getting them to connect you in the first place is over, Eircom rock.

Advertisement