Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XP Mode in Windows 7

• 05-06-2009 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, so i'm running Windows 7 RC1 right now, loving it... I was looking around online, and i decided to install the XP mode, but i'm not sure how it works and such, i've installed it but i can't see where it is or how to use it...

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭sandleman1979

OK, the version of Virtual PC is slightly different to previous versions.
    Its merged into the Windows shell, so there is no virtual pc application.

Within c:\users\%username% is a folder called virtual machines.
    Once you are in the folder you will see the XP mode machine that has been installed.
    There is also a button towards the top to create new machines if required.

Also bear in mind that your processor needs to support a virtualisation mode in order for it to run.
    Any more questions just post back or pm me...

Advertisement