Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backing-up numbers from one Nokia to another?

• 05-06-2009 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to back-up the information (contacts especially) from a Nokia 6230 and then place them on a Nokia N95 8GB for example? Will Nokia PC Suite do this?

Also, what about backing-up the information from a Nokia N95 8GB with firmware version 11 and then placing this information back on to the same phone with version 31, I've heard this doesn't work because of the firmware update :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Is it possible to back-up the information (contacts especially) from a Nokia 6230 and then place them on a Nokia N95 8GB for example? Will Nokia PC Suite do this?

Also, what about backing-up the information from a Nokia N95 8GB with firmware version 11 and then placing this information back on to the same phone with version 31, I've heard this doesn't work because of the firmware update :confused:

On the E51 and the 5800 anyway, there is an app called Phone switch to transfer from one Nokia to another.

Can't help with the second part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

PC Suite backs up the .VCF contacts to your Address Book and restores them to any Nokia phone, same goes for the images, videos and sounds but settings and messages can't be restored to a different phone (same Symbian OS phones may work).

As above, just backup the essentials in PC Suite and restore it, I don't see any reason it wouldn't work (Nokia are a smart company who publish software updates daily - I'm sure they've thought ahead for things like this).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

USe the Ovi Suite to sync your phones contact info online then you can use another notkia to sync with ovi for all the contact info. Found it very handy when switching from n96 to 5800 :)
    And isnt there just a Switch opions on the phone anyway thet works over bluetooth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

zyb.com is the easiest and best contact backup solution I know of. Works with all types of phones and all you have to do is select sync on your phone.
    Best of all it's free and you never lose contacts, even if you lose your phone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Thanks guys, Nokia PC Suite seems the best suited. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement